aeolian edge
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 00:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Deric said:
As a third Atma, how would Atma of the Smiting Blow with its Superior TP Bonus compare in place of a third 30 MAB Atma(lacking PW's)? Since we assume you are spamming right at 100% TP.

Also, is the bonus from Breeze gorget/Belt inferior to a MAB neck/waist when Brewing due to non-existent MAB caps?
Well MAB options on belts kinda fail I'd use dex over MAB anyways. Anyways I'll assume 200% tp with smiting blow and spamming at 100%.

So gorgets or belts +.1 ftp would end up being a 2.8% increase in dmg. You can get 8 MAB on neck which would be more dmg unless you had like +194 MAB... hard enough to do on a mage job without brew lol.

MAB belt highest is 3 so you would only need like +10 for belt to beat it. Can't really math out dex comparison right now till I get an exact formula that I verify. Actually kinda bored might go do that as soon as I get some pops for nms
 Fenrir.Momohko
Server: Fenrir
user: noriko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-01-26 02:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Know what I love about aeolian edge... Is that I do more dmg on brd with it then i do on thf Its pretty awesome being able to wear all the MAB gear ^_^ so now i do all my brewing on brd ftw ^^ as yes brew caps all ur stuff so stack that MAb yah :3
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 02:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh as far as brewing goes I'd get obi and /sch for windstorm!!! But yeah during brew stats useless and since you get +900 MAB you should get MAB after other stuff like tp bonus or +wind dmg etc
 Fenrir.Momohko
Server: Fenrir
user: noriko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-01-26 02:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

oh yea i did ultimate gales and i think beyond or something @.@ was a while ago but it sure was fun to brew on brd xDD and felt awesome to outdo my thf ^.^;
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 02:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't on brd even if I had it lvl anyways. I have rng which is a beast with brew so I'd only do another job for more TH
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-01-26 02:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Gales doesn't give MAB. It's straight +40% wind dmg. Also iirc PW atma give 50MAB too

What exactly do you think 1 MAB is?... It's your total damage +1% of your total damage onto your total damage... lol (assuming you only had 1 MAB)

101% total damage with 1 MAB. MAB is multiplyed into the equation after any other modifications within your build. (IE. INT) So saying +40% total wind damage it would still pretty much means 40 MAB. or +40% after all modications prior, but would only take place if you used a wind elemental spell or weapon skill.

Anywho. Best bet by far for Aeolian Edge is:
Gales, Ultimate, PW Atma
But assuming you dont have PW It would be:
Gales, Ultimate and Baying Moon. As you probably already know using MAB atmas, but looks like you can disclude Baying moon for Smiting Blow for TP bonus instead if you have that.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 02:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilsanchez said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Gales doesn't give MAB. It's straight +40% wind dmg. Also iirc PW atma give 50MAB too
What exactly do you think 1 MAB is?... It's your total damage +1% of your total damage onto your total damage... lol (assuming you only had 1 MAB)

101% total damage with 1 MAB. MAB is multiplyed into the equation after any other modifications within your build. (IE. INT) So saying +40% total wind damage it would still pretty much means 40 MAB. or +40% after all modications prior, but would only take place if you used a wind elemental spell or weapon skill.
The distinction being you wont generally have base 0 mab before that particular buff but you will have base 0 + wind dmg.

If it was MAB you would add it with other mab and then multiply. But instead you multiply MAB and then the wind bonus.

So sure if you had +0 MAB than 40 MAB would add 40% dmg. On the other hand if you had +1000 from brew ultimate and HQ ascetics 40 MAB would only add 3.6% dmg... a far far far cry from 40% dmg. It's part of the reason +MAB is actually the the 2nd worst thing to increase your dmg during brew. The worst being base stats since they do jack
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-01-26 02:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Lilsanchez said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
What exactly do you think 1 MAB is?... It's your total damage +1% of your total damage onto your total damage... lol (assuming you only had 1 MAB) 101% total damage with 1 MAB. MAB is multiplyed into the equation after any other modifications within your build. (IE. INT) So saying +40% total wind damage it would still pretty much means 40 MAB. or +40% after all modications prior, but would only take place if you used a wind elemental spell or weapon skill.
The distinction being you wont generally have base 0 mab before that particular buff but you will have base 0 + wind dmg. If it was MAB you would add it with other mab and then multiply. But instead you multiply MAB and then the wind bonus. So sure if you had +0 MAB than 40 MAB would add 40% dmg. On the other hand if you had +1000 from brew ultimate and HQ ascetics 40 MAB would only add 3.6% dmg... a far far far cry from 40% dmg. It's part of the reason +MAB is actually the the 2nd worst thing to increase your dmg during brew. The worst being base stats since they do jack

I agree compeletely to that, but during a brew is probably one of the only times you can say you'd actually truely want 40% increased damage, vs 40MAB, because 40MAB tops off during brew and becomes pretty much useless during it when and if you do it during a brew 40% more damage can actually work like your using 1.4 brews instead of just 1.0 brew. lol

1.4 brews over 1.0 brews anyday!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 03:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically any time you have any +MAB 40% dmg will be more than 40 MAB.

In fact it will be better than 50 MAB any time you have at least 26MAB.

Also on a similar vein gogo martial knife!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 04:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so did the testing and it seems like it uses the generic magic ws formula which is hardly used anymore for magical ws (part of the reason it kinda sucks compared to alot of magical ws brewed)

So ■Damage = (( Lv+2+WSC ) * fTP + fINT ) * Resist * Elemental Staves * Weather * MDIF * Magic Damage Adjustment.

With wsc being 28% dex/int with lvl correction being .85.

Ftp: 100%TP = 2.75 200% = 3.5 300%TP = 4

Only tested 100% and 300% so far but seems good. I'll need a martial knife to properly do 200%

fINT = 8 + ΔINT/2 and caps at 32

The rest is normal magic multiples. Staffs obviously not applying.

On windday +weather martial knife wind obi gorget the tp bonus atma ultimate gales and brew and no other gear at 100% it should be able to hit just under 30k assuming the mob doesn't have some resistance to magic dmg or magical ws or something... which based on my wildfire usages I'd say is pretty common among abyssea nms.

So with this you can plug and chug to find out which is better
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 04:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Also to note since it uses fint instead of some dstat like most newer magical ws combine with low wsc value dex is kinda crappy to add dmg.

Assuming uncapped fint adding int would be almost 50% better (at least with 4.0 ftp). So yeah pretty much in abyssea I'd say the 30 MAB atmas would beat MM or RR for dmg by a decent margin.

And going from 200% to 300% tp (ie using martial knife and debating using smiting blow over baying moon) would be slightly worse than 30 MAB until you have more than +104ish MAB. And well ultimate + all out perfect MAb gear (not counting trial daggers) + NQ ascetics is only +105 unless you have MAB trait from mage subjob
 Cerberus.Altimaomega
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Altimaomega 2011-01-26 05:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

so um yeah.. just war/nin /thf and burn it.. may only get 700-900 but hey u got unlimited tp anyways. xD
By Sambb 2011-01-26 06:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Technically any time you have any +MAB 40% dmg will be more than 40 MAB. In fact it will be better than 50 MAB any time you have at least 26MAB. Also on a similar vein gogo martial knife!

fussetto +2 100 tp bonus.... also would work I believe.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 07:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sambb said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Technically any time you have any +MAB 40% dmg will be more than 40 MAB. In fact it will be better than 50 MAB any time you have at least 26MAB. Also on a similar vein gogo martial knife!
fussetto +2 100 tp bonus.... also would work I believe.
Probably but not sure anyone would go thru the effort to make that most dagger ws dmg aren't modded by tp