Forum » FFXI » General » April Version Update
April Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2009-02-27 13:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on the small post with small pictures, my guess is that you'll see the following updates in April:

MMM:
1. More Runes and maybe even another Voucher or two (PvP voucher?).
2. NPCs will be able to join you.
3. Number of monsters will be scaled somewhat to number of members.
4. More silly looking gear to buy with marbles.

FoV:
1. Extra manuals in each zone.
2. A couple other Conquest regions with manuals. (No WotG or ToAU though.)
3. More variety of support.

WotG:
1. Another set of ranks.
2. Body pieces to finish out sets.
3. More quests.
4. Campaign tweaks.

Level Sync:
1. Addition of more stats, perhaps all skills.

Battle:
1. New incentives to magic burst.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-27 13:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

One fun thing I could see them doing with Magic Bursting, it's that IF the mage successfully times their cast to sync with the SC, then conserve MP ought to automatically kick in.

If I casted Freeze II in time on a distortion SC, I ought to be be rewarded with not having to expend as much MP. That would be a huge advantage gained as well as an incentive to get my timing down...
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-27 13:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
That would be a huge advantage gained as well as an incentive to mages to get their acts together...

Since when is it a mage's job to skill chain?
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-27 13:41:32
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
If I casted Freeze II in time on a distortion SC, the mage should be rewarded with not having to expend as much MP. That would be a huge advantage gained as well as an incentive for DDs to get their acts together...

Fix'd

I don't really have any other ideas other than inventory expansion and hopefully a more sophisticated method of storing/sorting all our crap.
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-02-27 13:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Squeak hammers for all!!!

Personally, I hop to god they don't go with this whole "Lets make WHM, BLM, and RDM more of a frontline job" concept they were thinking about.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-27 13:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Since when is it a mage's job to skill chain?

Fine add the DD's too to the blame-o-rama!

I was just approaching things from the mage side, as from personal experience with respect to LS events.

PT's = different story entirely... I'm not even going there.

I was pointing out MY frustration that when a SC is set and executed, there are mages who don't cast on time because either A) they were being lazy/ not paying attention or B) were hunting for the spell manually on cast instead of using a macro.

That's all folks! ^^
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 13:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Malekith said:
If I casted Freeze II in time on a distortion SC, the mage should be rewarded with not having to expend as much MP. That would be a huge advantage gained as well as an incentive for DDs to get their acts together...

Fix'd

I don't really have any other ideas other than inventory expansion and hopefully a more sophisticated method of storing/sorting all our crap.

On that note, they need to finally let us use all the damn boxes to sell stuff on the AH..... 7, come on now lets not be so stinggy(sp?)
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-27 13:57:44

Oh and as for the fields of valor expansion. I feel they really need to add more lines of support we can spend our tabs on. I have over 5k tabs despite my frequent use of what little support options we have.

Some ideas I've seen and would like to be added:

Imperialism: Warp to Aht Urghan Whitegate.
Reminiscence: Warp to nation chosen in the past.
Dukedom: Warp to Jeuno.
Haste
Stoneskin
Aquaveil
Phalanx
Blaze/Ice/Shock Spikes
En-spell effect
Storm spell effects
Bar-spell effects
Quickening

These are just a handful of ideas. Feel free to elaborate and perhaps suggest tab costs on each.
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-02-27 14:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

More USEFULL Blu spells...(or just fix 1000 needles and asuran claws)
A direct warp to norg
Some way that people have finished CoP can bypass the level caps
Direct warps to ENM areas
Increase drop rates of all NMs level 40 and lower to 100%

I'm sure there's more things that annoy me enough that I believe need to be changed
 Alexander.Docstu
Server: Alexander
user: Docstu
By Alexander.Docstu 2009-02-27 14:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of those FoV options sound nice, but the duration on those would have to be extended to make them worthwhile....I know I don't want to run back to the book every 3-5 minutes for MOAR buffs. :P

Since most of the spells (the most worthwhile of those) listed wear off within 3-5 minutes normally.

I'd say 10 tabs per effect, except for haste, which would be 15, and barspells would be 5.

If the effects were to be extended to say 30 minutes, then tab amount should be tripled.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-02-27 14:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I propose that Bleed gets his damn internet back to increase Galka ls population by 50%.
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-02-27 14:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
I propose that Bleed gets his damn internet back to increase Galka ls population by 50%.

Boo! Shouldn't you be working right now? Hehe
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-27 14:09:32

Bleedingwulf said:
More USEFULL Blu spells...(or just fix 1000 needles and asuran claws)
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-27 14:25:43

I'm still trying to think of what battle "additions" they have in store for us. Anyone care to take a stab at what it might be?
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-27 14:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:

Imperialism: Warp to Aht Urghan Whitegate.
Reminiscence: Warp to nation chosen in the past.
Dukedom: Warp to Jeuno.

The rest wouldn't matter much to me, but these suggestions would be hawt indeed ^^
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-27 14:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Dukedom

Brother?!
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-27 14:39:07

Wooooodum said:
Artemicion said:
Dukedom

Brother?!

The territory of a duke.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-27 14:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
The territory of a duke.

But it rhymes with Wooooodum .__.
 Siren.Khellendros
Server: Siren
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-27 14:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
Icon said:
Angry little child aren't you. That really isn't healthy and going to cause problem when you have to interact with people whose benign opinions contradict your own. It is going to happen some people prefer Coke and others prefer Pepsi. Some Benedryl and some gin will clear that right up.

Truth be told I honestly don't give a ***about your opinion just the same as you don't give a ***about mine. I am just not going to belittle your opinion because I know that your opinion doesn't matter to me. Your attitude on the other hand is fair game. Regardless I still want my freaking Gatling Gun 2 hour ability, don't like it? Don't care.

And you're still mildly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Do the world a favour, and kill yourself now before it spreads.

On the bright side, at least it's not lupus...

Hm. Benadryl and gin? Tell him to take his own advice. Last I checked, mixing alcohol and OTC meds was a bad idea.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-27 14:48:20

Less flame, more ideas/suggestions/elaborations on the update.
 Asura.Davinia
user: Davinia
By Asura.Davinia 2009-02-27 15:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Corrderio said:
Squeak hammers for all!!!

Personally, I hop to god they don't go with this whole "Lets make WHM, BLM, and RDM more of a frontline job" concept they were thinking about.

RDM was a front line job before they even considered Blue Mage, as for WHM and BLM being front line they never will, but RDM will be a front line because thats where there meant to be!

But Yeah Squeak Hammer [Can I have it?]
 Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-02-27 15:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Anyways, who cares, we dont have everything from other versions of FF. So it was an idea of having more spells like time magic whatever u wanna call it.

They could give new summons that we dont have like Siren.

I remember at some point before WotG came out, there was a list (possibly rumored) of job changes for all jobs. I distinctly remember a new avatar being mentioned. Valefor. I think the idea was to give SMN an avatar that did purely non-elemental damage. Sadly, I do not recall where I saw this information, nor can I vouch for it's authenticity. All I can say is, "Cool."
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-27 15:20:17

I dunno. I've seen some pretty gnarly Mystic Boons returning hundreds of MP (not to mention that includes damage to the mob). Much much more efficient than resting with hMP gear if you ask me. Of course a meleeing white mage is very conditional especially when it comes to the type of mob you're fighting.

The only major downside is there isn't much variety of mobs that don't have those "I KEEL YOU" TP moves.
 Siren.Khellendros
Server: Siren
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-27 15:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I dunno. I've seen some pretty gnarly Mystic Boons returning hundreds of MP (not to mention that includes damage to the mob). Much much more efficient than resting with hMP gear if you ask me. Of course a meleeing white mage is very conditional especially when it comes to the type of mob you're fighting.

The only major downside is there isn't much variety of mobs that don't have those "I KEEL YOU" TP moves.

I've done maybe at most 250-300 (considering I honestly don't have the time/money to put into a MND gear set that's not what I already have for Cure V) and taking into consideration my Taru's lower base mind. I do recall that crazy Mjollnir Mystic Boon SS, but I don't remember the exact numbers on it.

As far as buffs for FoV goes, the storms and haste would be a decently cool idea. The haste would have to be toned down like refresh though, perhaps to something like 10% similar to the Refueling spell. I'm thinking maybe 50 tabs for a 30 minute 10% haste? Not too sure about the storms though, since it would be a little HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to drop the effectiveness on something that is a rarity to begin with.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-27 16:29:34

Yeah, of course a majority of the buffs to be worthwhile from FoV would have to keep a duration of at least 10+ minutes at the cost of being watered down in effectiveness. But some minor calculation adjustments wouldn't hurt to keep some of the more nifty buffs as an option. After all, FoV was designed for low levels and can really only be used up until the low 60s. Perhaps the April update will change this, who knows? What I'd like to see is each zone having their own field manual instead of being regional based. More options, less clutter and clusterfucks of people soloing and pting in the same zone making a ridiculous free for all to claim mobs.

But what would be nice is to have the option to accept higher tiers of buffs for double tab costs or something, but then again that might be abit overpowered.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-27 17:27:23

Another interesting idea that came to my head is a small answer to the ridiculous and ever changing prices and undercutting trend that sweeps our server-wide economies. It would be nice if we had the option to change the price of an item we have on sale without having to take it off the AH listing, and reset the price and repay the tax. Of course to prevent this from being abused it should be restricted to 1 item/set per RL day. Feel free to elaborate on why it would be a good/bad idea.
 Seraph.Sigmund
Server: Seraph
user:
By Seraph.Sigmund 2009-02-27 19:09:52

Ultima (アルテマ, Arutema) is a recurring Black Magic spell throughout the Final Fantasy series. Ultima is usually the most powerful spell, requiring a lot of MP to cast, targeting all enemies, bypassing magical resistance, barriers, and overpowering normal magic defenses.

Come on SE make all the 75 BLM's stop and /bow to you.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-27 19:12:13

Sigmund said:
Ultima (アルテマ, Arutema) is a recurring Black Magic spell throughout the Final Fantasy series. Ultima is usually the most powerful spell, requiring a lot of MP to cast, targeting all enemies, bypassing magical resistance, barriers, and overpowering normal magic defenses.

Come on SE make all the 75 BLM's stop and /bow to you.

Haha I like the idea but this would simply bring back the era of 2003 when everything was defeated by throwing 18 BLMs at it. Now 2008/2009 is the era of "Throw DRKs at it!".
 Seraph.Sigmund
Server: Seraph
user:
By Seraph.Sigmund 2009-02-27 19:13:27

There was never anything wrong with a army of blms!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-27 19:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

lol there are alot of spells not in the game, wish they would add something different

Ok from post before of the spell stop, ok so yea blm have stun but maybe give stop to whm or sch? i can see it like a whm spell since they gave whm a sleep spell last time.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7