Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » New TH and /ra
New TH and /ra
 Sylph.Quiznor
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-01-07 15:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

While I was never a true believer in the "I've /ra'd it for TH" be it hit or miss with the /ra.Always considered it Melee strike or gtfo.But what I'm wondering is with the new TH increase procs with attacks,has anyone ever seen a TH increase proc on a ranged attack? If not,this adds more to the sense that /ra for TH was utter *** in the first place.I've always just been one of those people.Not saying I'm right or wrong,just my belief on it.

And yes,I'm no THF so I only have a basic understanding of how it works.Not looking for flames or anything,just an honest question about the TH increase on ra's.
[+]
 Siren.Eremes
Server: Siren
user: Eremes
By Siren.Eremes 2011-01-07 15:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

"The effectiveness of the THF job trait 'Treasure Hunter' now occasionally increases with each melee attack landed."

Ranged attacks can set TH because they're enmity-generating actions, but I'm pretty sure only melee attacks/SATA/WS can proc TH effectiveness increases.
[+]
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-01-07 16:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah,I havent read that update info since it first came out.Probably why I never noticed it.It does bring in the question if TH cna properly land with /ra's though,since they why cant they up the TH level too?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-01-07 16:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If the THF is on the monster's enmity list, thier TH trait is in effect, simple as that. SE stated that before. The THF just has to perform an action on the monster (Melee attack, Ranged, JA like Steal etc). It's probably also in affect if the THF subs mage or dnc and heals somebody in the party to get on the monster's enmity list.
[+]
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-01-07 16:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
If the THF is on the monster's enmity list, thier TH trait is in effect, simple as that. SE stated that before. The THF just has to perform an action on the monster (Melee attack, Ranged, JA like Steal etc). It's probably also in affect if the THF subs mage or dnc and heals somebody in the party to get on the monster's enmity list.

Musta been before my time or something I missed.Thanks
 Siren.Eremes
Server: Siren
user: Eremes
By Siren.Eremes 2011-01-07 16:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Any enmity-generating action will activate Treasure Hunter's base effect (+3 at THF90). Collaborator or Accomplice on a player on the enemy's hate list should also work.

As far as I know, Ranged Attacks cannot process the enhancement effect.
 Caitsith.Albelnox
Server: Caitsith
user: Thoman1
By Caitsith.Albelnox 2011-01-07 16:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:

pretty sure what the OP meant was the new additional effect TH, idk what you call it, but i know you can get up to 11ish.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-01-07 16:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Albelnox said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:

pretty sure what the OP meant was the new additional effect TH, idk what you call it, but i know you can get up to 11ish.

In general yea thats what he was talking about, but he also commented on the fact that maybe since RA doesn't increase TH effectivness that maybe it doesn't work for activating your TH on a monster. Which it does.
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-01-07 16:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just always very skeptical because the I never saw any actual evidence of it,and the THF's and other people that would always tell me,never seemed to actually know anything most of the time.Would always get back an answer "It just does" or "Because I've been playing for 6 years and have 6 years worth of experience and skill over you that I know it does" (which lead to 6 instant tells from other people loling at him)

But I think I understand it all now,thanks /o/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-01-07 18:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Sylph.Quiznor said:
While I was never a true believer in the "I've /ra'd it for TH" be it hit or miss with the /ra.Always considered it Melee strike or gtfo.

Another superstitious idiot? Let me guess you full time thief's knife and assassin's armlets don't you? Perhaps you might even be one of those people who main hands a thief's knife.

You can get TH6 on with out even touching a mob or doing an action to it. I will give you a cookie if you can tell me how one does that.

No,if you read my post before you'll see the people that always told me about it whenever I asked were questionable at best.Oh and +1 for you for not even reading the original post (or any of my replies it seems nearly) for saying I dont have THF levelled for anything other than a subjob.

<3 forum trolls