2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » News » Achievements Update
Achievements Update
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-12 01:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't display Captain even if you have it afaik.
By Tahngarthor 2011-01-12 04:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ok let's do the research, random example:
Lv90 mandau:
DMG:49 Delay:176 Attack+35 "Mercy Stroke" Additional effect: Poison
LV 90 RDM THF BRD
Hidden effect: Occasionally deals triple damage. (Not as an aftermath)

VS
Twashtar (lv90):
DMG:48 Delay:176 DEX+15 "Rudra's Storm" Aftermath: Occ. deals double damage
LV 90 THF BRD DNC

I'm failing to see how the former is inferior to the latter, unless the empyrean weaponskill is better than the relic one. As far as that goes, I don't know, because I've never seen Rudra's Storm.
The empyrean occasionally deals double damage as an aftermath. The relic weapon occasionally deals 3x damage, without aftermath.

For the relic weapons with accuracy + instead of attack+, I'll buy the emps being better. But I'm pretty confident mandau > Twashtar. If you say I'm wrong, please explain why, I'd genuinely like to know.

Anyway, I still want to know more about the achievements, as thats what really brought me to this thread.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [93 days between previous and next post]
 Ifrit.Arthars
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Arthars
By Ifrit.Arthars 2011-04-15 01:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Is lvl 80 empyrean weapons really an achievement?

It only takes 2 days max to complete a lvl 80 empyrean weapon after lottery NM trials and im sure maats cap is tougher lol

relics and mythics are way harder for the time/money involved

an empyrean is free and solo-able
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-04-15 01:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Arthars said:
Is lvl 80 empyrean weapons really an achievement? It only takes 2 days max to complete a lvl 80 empyrean weapon after lottery NM trials and im sure maats cap is tougher lol relics and mythics are way harder for the time/money involved an empyrean is free and solo-able
Go work on Tahrongi Canyon Empyreans. Tell me if you get it done with less than 9 people in 2 days.
[+]
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-04-15 01:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh Tahrongi. Only reason i havent made a Ukon.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-04-15 01:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said:
Ifrit.Arthars said:
Is lvl 80 empyrean weapons really an achievement? It only takes 2 days max to complete a lvl 80 empyrean weapon after lottery NM trials and im sure maats cap is tougher lol relics and mythics are way harder for the time/money involved an empyrean is free and solo-able
Go work on Tahrongi Canyon Empyreans. Tell me if you get it done with less than 9 people in 2 days.

Takes 3 days tops to farm out a Tahrongi if you're going by farming KIs the traditional run around zone way, atleast thats how long it took us to get both an Ukons and Vere complete 2 people playing 2 - 3 characters each.
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-15 01:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

chloris way more of a pain to get pops for >.> although i do love chloris dies in 3 minutes

My trio group finished 3 H2H, now 2 of us going back to do GA.../joy
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-15 01:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Ifrit.Arthars said:

Takes 3 days tops to farm out a Tahrongi if you're going by farming KIs the traditional run around zone way, atleast thats how long it took us to get both an Ukons and Vere complete 2 people playing 2 - 3 characters each.

How many hours per day? your play day might be 4 of someone else's lol. Varies greatly depending on if you buy all the pops also
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-04-15 01:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, we've done a ton of Tahrongi weapons, which is why most people are fed up with the zone. And xp is pointless so cant bribe people to come leech jobs anymore, or they afk and miss the KI box so they become dead weight.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-04-15 01:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Raistlinratt said:
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Ifrit.Arthars said:

How many hours per day? your play day might be 4 of someone else's lol. Varies greatly depending on if you buy all the pops also

6-8+hrs a day roughly, took us 2hours to make 4 pop set for glavoid and an hour and a half to make 3 popset for chloris roughly.

figured that anything over 3 would result in to much time spent at chukwa and glavoid was easy because cat was near Adze and we'd just farm pops / farm him, and Sandworm would wonder near by or would be at Manticores when we would cleave them for pops.

Also *** killing single mobs for pops always cleave them if you have the ability to, saves a ton of time, and ruby doesn't hurt anything, maybe take away from the 1-2 temp item boxes you may see.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-04-15 03:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:

not everyone can dual/tri box and not everyone has 2-3 accounts. alot of people tend to forget this, especially the people that dual/tri box already
[+]
 Ifrit.Arthars
Server: Ifrit
user: Arthars
By Ifrit.Arthars 2011-04-15 03:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i farmed my friend's chloris bud x 50 in 2 days(which he spend another 2 days soloing ulhadshi to complete 85 lolempyreanarehard). Yes we both dual box and cleaved but still, its 2 days. could also have tossed in an ukon to make it 2 lvl 80 tahrongi empyrean in 2 days but we sold/trade glavoid pop sets.

im sure many people would agree empyrean is not really an achievement. Its more like a glamoring reward from magian trials. Relic/mythics are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY harder.

sure its "easy" if u have the gil. but still the time taken to gather 17000 currency is 100 times harder than collecting 50 chloris bud

if you think lvl 80 empyrean are worth the amount of achievement points now, sure go ahead but i think if you do so, you should give mythics 10 times the achievement points. 1 Tyger tail/tinnin fang/serameya hide effort >>>>>>> 50 chloris bud imho. I have not even put assault x 50(already 50 days lol), 30k alexandrites, 3 beseiged bosses into the equation.

if you faced out maat's cap as a relic, then its time to consider leaving out empyreans as well, because tbh, it is not hard no matter how hard you argue it. Its nowhere near the difficulty of a relic/mythic. It is simply, just a trial of the magian reward, like any other sekka +2.

Almost the whole world is equiping at least 1 empyrean now, like any AF+2 armor.

Your ffxiah, your domain, your call :)
 Cerberus.Deadmaus
Server: Cerberus
user: Danzo
By Cerberus.Deadmaus 2011-04-15 05:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

God you need to get laid.
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2011-04-15 05:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it always the people who can duo/trio box with other people who duo/trio box who can play for maybe 20hrs+ out of 48 in a 2 day period who continually scream that Empyreans are easy?

I mean for the rest of us unwashed masses, are we fail because we can't devote as much time? Are we fail that we can't daisy chain a string of alts, bind them to a G-18 KB, hit macros to cure us as we slay mobs?

I just don't get it... what part of any of that is supposed to be easy for the average player?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [78 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Barllow
Server: Sylph
user: Barlow
By Sylph.Barllow 2011-07-02 10:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is atma of the Savior going to be included as an achievement? I would have thought it would be worth a high score considering what it takes to achieve.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-02 10:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Barllow said:
Is atma of the Savior going to be included as an achievement? I would have thought it would be worth a high score considering what it takes to achieve.
Which is?
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-07-02 10:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Barllow said:
Don't think it shows up on the linkshell community website thingo, so there's no way of proving who has it.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-02 10:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Sylph.Barllow said:
Don't think it shows up on the linkshell community website thingo, so there's no way of proving who has it.
Guildwork client?
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-07-02 10:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't think any achievements relied on that, although I see now that Synergy does. Could work I guess. Although rather than having savior alone as an achievement, perhaps could give points for all atma as a kind of abyssea progression, with savior being the last thing for that 100% mark.
 Sylph.Barllow
By Sylph.Barllow 2011-07-02 10:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Sylph.Barllow said:
Which is?

Totaly compleating all areas. quests,dom.opps,atmas,abys.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-02 10:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't think GW Client tracked atma...
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-02 10:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Didn't think GW Client tracked atma...
Honestly, I don't know.
By Quiznor 2011-07-02 10:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You could tell by getting the title for completing the quest that gives you the atma. Savior of Abyssea I think the title is
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-02 10:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said:
You could tell by getting the title for completing the quest that gives you the atma. Savior of Abyssea I think the title is
Yeah, that would work.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-02 11:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They've been highly reluctant to do it for Captain. I don't see them doing it for this.
 Sylph.Barllow
By Sylph.Barllow 2011-07-02 11:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You get a new title each time you complete a zone,so could track titles i guess.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-02 11:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
They've been highly reluctant to do it for Captain. I don't see them doing it for this.
Read the OP. Scragg mentioned he will eventually do it.