users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Yhel Jacket
Yhel Jacket
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-01-04 01:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Yhel Jacket still worth to get, or would af3 body be better?
Since its just around 3mil now it feels like its more worth getting than 10+mil it was previously.

Would af3+1 or +2 outdmg ?
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-01-04 02:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Go ahead and spend 3 mil on something inferior to a free item.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-01-04 02:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

it does look cool though.
 Ragnarok.Reyn
user: TheGerm
By Ragnarok.Reyn 2011-01-04 02:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yhel Jacket +1
[Body] All Races
DEF:39 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10 Magic critical hit rate +5% Enmity+4 Adds "Refresh" effect
LV 80 BLM SCH

Goetia Coat +2 Rare Ex
[Body] All Races
DEF:50 MP+45 Magic Accuracy+11 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+11 Adds "Refresh" effect Elemental magic recast delay -12% Set: Augments "Conserve MP"
LV 89 BLM

Err, yeah, Goetia Coat +2 is going to do more damage. Also, AF3 gives you 2/tick Refresh whereas Yhel only gives you 1 (as far as I know). That magic critical hit rate on Yhel isn't going to proc often enough to beat out the extra MAB you get on Goetia with every nuke.

NQ and HQ Yhel will beat Goetia Coat +1 though, if for whatever reason you're not planning to +2 it.
 Ragnarok.Holyman
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2011-01-04 02:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't even beat NQ sadly , elemental recast -8% is just too good to be overlooked , given you nuke non stop which is possible in abyssea .

It's good town gear though.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-04 03:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yhel is an expensive but respectable stand in, since often Seals can be a pain in the *** to get. (For whatever reason, +2's in the new zones are laughably easy to get, while Seals, particularly body seals, take much more effort)

That said, you're better off getting the Magick Atk. Bonus augment Coat from the Dominion Tactician, though reguritated wings have come down to a point (On Odin at least) that you can justify buying a Yhel as a placeholder until EAF+1/2 by being too lazy to deal with the fairly lengthy process of converting trophies.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-01-04 03:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

even the scholar body af3+1 is better

INT+9 MND+9 Magic Accuracy+8 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+8 Enhances "Addendum: White" effect Enhances "Addendum: Black" effect

+2
DEF:52 INT+12 MND+12 Magic Acc.+11 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+11 Adds "Refresh" effect Enhances "Addendum: White" effect Enhances "Addendum: Black"

funny how superior the +2 body is vs Goetia Coat +2
[+]
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
Server: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2011-01-05 07:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a Yhel, though I actually painstakingly quested for the items, its more or less free for me. Well, minus the time it took to farm up the damn Amphiptere claw (solo and with a small group). I don't plan on replacing it until I can get the +2 body, seals are a pain in the *** to get and I've been spending my time going after other things.

The Macc and casting speed are definitely nice for things like debuffs, stuns, etc. Someone else also pointed out the casting speed is nice. This is all true, though I cant read anything on body +2 being +2 refresh on base stats. Any confirmations on this or just pure speculation?

For all you BLMs out there who actually have the opportunity to pick one of these up, the crit dmg when stacked with other gear like witch sash, hecates earring, twilight cape and +2 staves is certainly nice when it procs..... if only for a short time before you get +2 body. Do you need it in the long run? no. but it certainly makes the journey easier.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 07:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
As free as yours and your friends time is anyways. Also by that logic yhel is free since you can farm all the items... possibly faster
[+]
 Bismarck.Nalien
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2011-01-05 08:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
As free as yours and your friends time is anyways. Also by that logic yhel is free since you can farm all the items... possibly faster
One of the few times I agree with you.
This person is borderline HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE though, so I'd save my breath since it's wasted, Dasva.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-01-05 09:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
even the scholar body af3+1 is better

INT+9 MND+9 Magic Accuracy+8 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+8 Enhances "Addendum: White" effect Enhances "Addendum: Black" effect

+2
DEF:52 INT+12 MND+12 Magic Acc.+11 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+11 Adds "Refresh" effect Enhances "Addendum: White" effect Enhances "Addendum: Black"

funny how superior the +2 body is vs Goetia Coat +2

It's not really surprising, every BLM +2 piece (sans hands) is overshadowed by another job's +2 piece, purely from a nuking perspective:

*** Feet ***

*** Legs ***

*** Head ***

*** Hands *** (BLM beat the other jobs in this slot, although BLU has a pretty respectable piece as well)

*** Body ***
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 09:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah blm got boned in nuking af3.

Hell most of the pieces are side grades from other stuff you can get. Sometimes even downgrades like the head.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-05 09:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a Yhel, have always wanted one though. I'm considering getting 1 if the price comes down to around 2-4 Mil though. I desperately want my AF+2 body though, but can see that taking a bit of hard-core Abbysea spamming to get. Funny thing is, less than a month after seeing Heroes come out, I have seen quite a few +2 body's and was like, "oh, they must not be THAT hard to get" But alas, the task does seem a bit daunting. There are currently three Yhel's on the AH on Sylph, with the last being sold for 8Mil. Out of my price range. Hopefully, I would only be nuking in it for a couple months anyways.
 Ragnarok.Reyn
user: TheGerm
By Ragnarok.Reyn 2011-01-05 14:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Guenhwyvar said:
This is all true, though I cant read anything on body +2 being +2 refresh on base stats. Any confirmations on this or just pure speculation?

All of the +2 Refresh pieces are 2/tick Refresh. SMN, RDM, BLM... the only one I haven't heard confirmation on is WHM - but I don't really pay much attention to WHM stuffs.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-01-06 09:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nalien said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
One of the few times I agree with you.
This person is borderline HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE though, so I'd save my breath since it's wasted, Dasva.

Excuse me borderline HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE because I think its a waste of time effort and or gil?

You still don't provide any argument for why buying it is a good idea all you are doing is talking ***.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-01-06 09:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

In case you are having trouble reading the OP he plans to buy it. Come back to the thread when you can first discuss the question at hand.
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
Server: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2011-01-07 22:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Prices on the regurgitated wings have dropped to like 150k (at least on my server) Getting one of these crafted up seems totally realistic now. This may not be the "best piece in game" But not everyone that has or plays blm has every single leet piece of gear out there. This is certainly not a piece that should be totally ignored.