users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Adze
Adze
 Ragnarok.Calif
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Calif 2011-01-02 12:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I solod it fine on NIN/DNC, got hit twice while it was hasted after TP move, but no petri/doom procs thankfully.

I used full eva set (approx 100+ eva) and atma of the siren shadow for another 40 as well as the varying amount from yonin. This was definitely enough to cap evasion, I'll probably switch to GH next time.

Obviously thf will suffer from lack of debuffs and induce more TP moves, however I would think it's a tricky but doable thf solo.

Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-01-02 13:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a cap to evasion rate and that is 80% but that doesnt mean a mob will hit u one out of 5 hits, its much more like a mob having a drop rate of 20% on a certain item. U can go 1/1 or 0/50+.
if ur eva is capped a mob has a 20% chance of hitting u.
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2011-01-02 13:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think it's that simple. it's an equation that also has the mob's weapon skill and acc factored into it i belive.
 Sylph.Skinner
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Skinner 2011-01-02 17:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon the epic fail at the end. (Mainly due to getting cocky and rocking haste gear to finish it off -- i don't suggest doing this!) I think it's quite funny and i'm sure some people on my server will enjoy my dying. :D

Match Stats!
- 123 Misses.
- 29 Hits (Including 3 Weaponskills each landing for 1 shadow).

Past the low sample can't judge blah blah... For this NM you really are looking at a 20% ish hit rate. Changing to WS gear obviously will cause you to lose a shadow simply due to how fast it attacks. I could quite happily stand there all day in evasion gear to find out its exact attack rate but i really can't be bothered, that's no fun! Just wanted to prove it's easily doable.