Link | Quote | Reply

And variable lag can *** your timing up
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-12-22 15:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
So I'm COR and I'm thinking of making an evisceration build. Would /nin be worth it for the off hand multi-hit(Joyeuse) or should I just stay /war?

bump
[+]
 Leviathan.Bladefury
Server: Leviathan
user: Bladefury
By Leviathan.Bladefury 2010-12-22 15:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
So I'm COR and I'm thinking of making an evisceration build. Would /nin be worth it for the off hand multi-hit(Joyeuse) or should I just stay /war?
bump

I was personally having a blast w/ M. Kris/Joyeuse when I only had a RR atma. I could only imagine it being more fun now! Are you looking for all out damage build, or something fun to play with?
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-12-22 15:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Bladefury said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
bump

I was personally having a blast w/ M. Kris/Joyeuse when I only had a RR atma. I could only imagine it being more fun now! Are you looking for all out damage build, or something fun to play with?

Damage!
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-22 16:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a Yata!!! Can have up to like +8 dmg and 6% crit dmg I think. Also +30% viper bite dmg!!!
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-12-22 16:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually got one with DMG +7 and crit dmg +4% just don't know if /nin for the off-hand joyeuse is worth it over /war D:
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-22 16:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on if you want dps or epeen eviserations I guess lol. Though if you are using trip/double attack atmas, rolls, gear the difference in tp gain will shrink alot.
 Phoenix.Hagino
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2010-12-22 16:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

if i was a cor i'd be gearing for wildfire >.> from what ive seen that puts evis to shame haha
[+]
 Sylph.Kofi
Server: Sylph
user: DrKofi
By Sylph.Kofi 2010-12-22 19:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I use for Evisceration. Atmas are RR GH and Apocalypse now.

Yataghan has DMG +6 and Crit. Damage +5%. (Yataghan in main hand, Twilight in offhand.)

I play around with daggers depending on situation though. So these daggers are pretty much when I'm in a DD situation.
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-12-22 21:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hagino said:
Ive been wondering this, how does everyone feel about lithe boots over hecatomb?

Glad you asked this before I did. I was wondering the same thing, lol.

In the near future I'll need to slightly re-gear for Rudra's Storm. :\
Need to get my hands on Aias Bonnet and work on AF3 as well. -.- ***never seems to drop.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2010-12-23 02:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

join the club, 1/7 for ocelot trousers with blue and TH5+ each time

im so close to my snow cone dagger i cant wait :(
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2010-12-23 02:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Kilas are str and evis, I'll whip out the old sirocco when I feel like it. Working on rapidus right now though for off hand dd dagger, also working on dex dagger not done yet either(its almost lvl 85). This is WS set only not sata, not ta, right now its mostly for dancing edge as I am updating a lot of jobs and not a lot of free time, and to tired to post planned gear set. I have a differnt set for when TA is involved. I also have a N. head abjuration that I'm searching for a cursed cap -1 for. Love love love the +2 head easy to get amazing piece.

*edit- depends on what I am doing but if it is just dding like in a te party then I'll do VV, RR, + Sanguine Scythe. crit hit rate/damage +50%, Str/Dex +50, +20% hp, 2tp/tic regain, double atk +5.
By Sambb 2010-12-23 04:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

In response to an earlier post I would think leithe boots would be better on evis, +3 dex = extra mod power sure 6 str is nice but it adds what +12 att if its 2 att per 1 str?? ( I may be wrong if I am correct me please)

id rather use a yellow curry bun and leithe boots im pretty confident dmg out put would be greater. Also the AGI on the boots makes them versatile for both SA and TA yes I know there are higher AGI based boots but these give you good stats for both dex and agi.

Just my opinion there may well be a better combination some one has found but this has always worked nice for me.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-23 07:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lithe boots are good and with VV you are capping fstr anyways..,, and it's 2 str makes 1 att.

Also as far as the post above that SS doesn't do much for you. I mean you are already at +35-40% crit dmg without it... and cap is 50%. And generally gearing for TA will net you less dmg than gearing ws mods/att/str etc since the TA or SA bonus is only applied to the first hit and only after pdif anyways. So it would only take at least 4 hits connecting for 1 dex to be better than 1 agi on TA ws.
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2010-12-23 09:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Lithe boots are good and with VV you are capping fstr anyways..,, and it's 2 str makes 1 att.

Also as far as the post above that SS doesn't do much for you. I mean you are already at +35-40% crit dmg without it... and cap is 50%. And generally gearing for TA will net you less dmg than gearing ws mods/att/str etc since the TA or SA bonus is only applied to the first hit and only after pdif anyways. So it would only take at least 4 hits connecting for 1 dex to be better than 1 agi on TA ws.

All the testing I have done on my own and researched on bg that atma buffs do not cap on criticla hit rate or damage. When I do Gnarled horn, RR, and deep depths; I crit over over 80% of my hits. So yes the bonus from SS still applies.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-23 09:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Crit rate no +crit dmg yes. I've seen a bit of stuff on BG that suggest +crit dmg caps at 50% and wiki and from eveyrone I know that has tried to stack SS and RR which is what I was talking about not rate... so your example doesn't disagree with me.

Oh and I've heard of people getting like 95%ish crit hits lol
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2010-12-23 11:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i rather have the triple attack from apocolypse over VV, im thinking about switching my back piece to the crit damage since i use RR GH and Apoc. I tp fast enough to were the 2tp tick doesnt outweight the triple attack. 50 str wont do much compared to the new subtle blow bonus from GH and crit rate along with the overlooked TA bonus.

Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-12-23 12:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, I have a quick question for you guys since ya'll are all about daggers naturally. I want to set up an Evisceration set for my NIN under Innin. Should I be looking to stack STR instead of DEX since I won't benefit from SATA? Or DEX (or a combo of both)? Any opinion is appreciated!
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-23 12:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Leviathan.Bladefury said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
bump
Damage!
This is the Evisceration set I use for my COR, mainly compiled from things I use for DNC, minus a few pieces here and there.

Obvious upgrades would be to get a better dagger, and an mkris perhaps as offhand. But as said earlier, Wildfire is really good, so don't waste too much time on an Evis set.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-23 13:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
OK, I have a quick question for you guys since ya'll are all about daggers naturally. I want to set up an Evisceration set for my NIN under Innin. Should I be looking to stack STR instead of DEX since I won't benefit from SATA? Or DEX (or a combo of both)? Any opinion is appreciated!

i would go dex route
without SA on THF i hit 1.5k-2.5k evis's
with SA ive hit 2k-3.5k evis's
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-12-23 14:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed indeed, thank you :D Also read a very interesting Evis topic on DNC forum that cleared up my other questions~
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2010-12-23 21:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Crit rate *from Atma* caps at 50% according to Kirschy's testing at BG. You can get above 50% crits from other sources (natural crits from dDex, crits from merits, Rogue's Roll...)
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-26 10:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Highest unstacked Evis I have done was 4.6k to Iron Giant in Abyssea-Altepa, no bard/corsair/drinks at the time.

That NM takes enhanced damage after certain TP moves if i recall, You've probably done better than that :P.

anyway.

my Current Evisc set is something like this:

Could stand a better belt or feet, But for the time being I'm comfortable with this.

As far as Atmas, I generally use RR/GH/Apoc, its my favorite combo.