Problems With TA?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Problems with TA?
Problems with TA?
 Ragnarok.Ruklin
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ruklin
By Ragnarok.Ruklin 2010-12-20 23:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone noticed any issues with TA not giving partner enmity? I've been noticing consistant issues with TA>Evis not applying the hate to the tank. So I will TA>Evis and then suddenly have hate, even though I'm clearly standing directly behind the tank. Just wondering if anyone else is noticing the same issues.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-21 00:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

been plsnting hste fine with TA
and yes i use evisceration
[+]
 Cerberus.Havicks
Server: Cerberus
user: havoks
By Cerberus.Havicks 2010-12-21 01:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

while I'm not sure of the above comment. >.>; I have not noticed any issues. TA seems to be far pickier than SA as far as positions go. if the tank moves or you move, and sometimes it's unnoticed due to lag. it can seem as if it didn't work, but it's really just someone moved.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-21 02:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been fk'n up Trick Attack a little more than I'd like lately but i chalked it up to the mob being too damn big and i wasn't as lined up as i thought i was.

Not Noticing issues with the Enmity on it. You do know it only effects the enmity of the TA'd hit or WS, not "Transfer the THFs enmity to the Trick-Attack-e" like some people seem to think, yes?

Either way, If you're doing this late in the fight and getting hate after, Theres an Enmity cap in this game. If you're TA'ing someone for ~3k and still getting hate, You're both at Enmity cap and you're trading hate through Volatile Enmity fluctuating.
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2010-12-21 10:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple answer is your TA is working, but tanks as a whole don't work anymore because melee cap hate way too easy and way too fast with overpowered Atma.

You will pull hate constantly, even if you weren't the type to do that before Abyssea.
[+]
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-12-21 22:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gredival may be right. But also, TA has always had a less forgiving conal area than SA. There have definitely been times where my TA hadn't procced that had seemed quite ridiculous.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-21 22:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gredival said:
Simple answer is your TA is working, but tanks as a whole don't work anymore because melee cap hate way too easy and way too fast with overpowered Atma.

You will pull hate constantly, even if you weren't the type to do that before Abyssea.

idk i havent had any issues with TA at all, even wih enmity+ merits and landing TA/Evis multiple times in 1 NM for 2500ish dmg each time
maybe a occasional one, but that happens even outside abyssea
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-21 23:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shamaya said:
Gredival may be right. But also, TA has always had a less forgiving conal area than SA. There have definitely been times where my TA hadn't procced that had seemed quite ridiculous.

Thats what i was talking about when i mentioned "Fking up TA". Being like directly behind the tank and it not landing =.=a

chalk it up to big mobs and their dumb "Centers" -.-;;