Thinking Of Coming Back.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Thinking of coming back.
Thinking of coming back.
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Greenjade
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2010-12-18 14:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'm a bit lost on the new upgrades. My BLM was level 75 when I left with a few merits etc. And if I do come back, it'll be my main job so I guess I'll be leveling it to what ever the level cap is now.

Now if you click my profile and look in my Item sets that was my gear back then, now my main question is what would I need to upgrade and would my gear from back then still be considered decent? I do plan on upgrading my gear as I level but it's easier for me to have a gear goal so I know what to focus on when I'm in the process of leveling.

And what are the major changes that happened to BLM. I'm sure I could probably look it up but its easier getting it from people that have experience with the major recent changes.

Anyway, thanks to who ever answers~

<3 Greenie

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-18 14:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Goetia set is the biggie, full overhaul to your visible nuking gear and the back and neck accessories are very strong as well. There's other, smaller upgrades out now in other slots. Non-nuking gear hasn't been updated to the same degree. Teal set can bridge the gap if needed. Also, Magian staves.

Non-gear goodies: Enmity Douse (hate shed every 10 minutes), Elemental Celerity (elemental FC trait), Mana Wall (hits drain MP with a -DT effect), more damage (gear, MAB trait, atmas), and a hell of a lot more MP/tic (atmas, gear, more gear that's augmented, Refresh II, Ballad III, uncapped Aspir/Drain potency, Aspir II).
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-12-18 15:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Goetia set is the biggie, full overhaul to your visible nuking gear and the back and neck accessories are very strong as well. There's other, smaller upgrades out now in other slots. Non-nuking gear hasn't been updated to the same degree. Teal set can bridge the gap if needed. Also, Magian staves.

Non-gear goodies: Enmity Douse (hate shed every 10 minutes), Elemental Celerity (elemental FC trait), Mana Wall (hits drain MP with a -DT effect), more damage (gear, MAB trait, atmas), and a hell of a lot more MP/tic (atmas, gear, more gear that's augmented, Refresh II, Ballad III, uncapped Aspir/Drain potency, Aspir II).
Few more things to note. we have gotten a few new type of spells:
break - Unlike the monsters spell this one can be broken by damage. lasts 30 seconds max (effective on monsters resistant to sleep like undead)

-ja spell line- SE gave us ja spells instead of aga IV spells. If a monster is hit with this spell they will take more damage from that element for 60~90 seconds depending on your gear.
 Cerberus.Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2010-12-18 15:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so, my nuking set needs a total over haul? Or how long would the gear I have now last me? I don't want to overwhelm myself when I come back. xD
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-18 16:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What you have will work fine, there's just significantly better items available in most slots than there ever were at 75. Some fairly easy to get items: goetia mantle is a 100% drop so that's something you can get immediately. theurgia clogs are a common drop from the T2 VNM in Abyssea - Konschtat, which leads to the VNM that drops Atma of the Beyond (great for BLM). Teal legs are basically free. eradico mitts are a 100% drop from Ulhuadshi if you know anyone who's killing him (bonus: he drops AF3+2 items for BLM). cognition belt should be dirt cheap and is best-in-slot for nuking right now.
 Cerberus.Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2010-12-18 17:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Now, is BLM/RDM still a good combination? Or would I have to focus on leveling SCH to 50ish? I remember vaguely that before I quit that BLM/SCH was a good combo but never really went to far with SCH.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: zeldageek
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek 2010-12-18 18:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing you should know that not entirely blm related is because of the placement of certain important NPCs, it is near impossible to get into the port jueno AH through the south staircase >.>;
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-18 18:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Greenjade said:
Now, is BLM/RDM still a good combination? Or would I have to focus on leveling SCH to 50ish? I remember vaguely that before I quit that BLM/SCH was a good combo but never really went to far with SCH.

Tbh it seems more like "Use what you prefer" now, but I'd say, atleast inside abyssea, /sch is pretty good.
I dont have it myself, but there are situations I wish I could aoe break etc.
But then again, if you -ga/ja big groups of mobs(which happends alot in aby to get TEs), phalanx helps alot :P

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2010-12-18 19:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet! Thanks!

I won't be making my decision till January at least, it really depends if my friend is coming back too. :3
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-18 19:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Greenjade said:
And I'm a bit lost on the new upgrades. My BLM was level 75 when I left with a few merits etc. And if I do come back, it'll be my main job so I guess I'll be leveling it to what ever the level cap is now. Now if you click my profile and look in my Item sets that was my gear back then, now my main question is what would I need to upgrade and would my gear from back then still be considered decent? I do plan on upgrading my gear as I level but it's easier for me to have a gear goal so I know what to focus on when I'm in the process of leveling. And what are the major changes that happened to BLM. I'm sure I could probably look it up but its easier getting it from people that have experience with the major recent changes. Anyway, thanks to who ever answers~ <3 Greenie

I would not bother comming back. I left cerberus and the game about 3 months ago. As you are well aware, I am the sole reason that all women play. With me no longer present I just can't see why you'd bother comming back. I am sorry to disappoint.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-18 19:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sperm sperm semen. I am sorry to disappoint.
Dude man come on, srsly.

=(

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-18 19:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
=(
Awesomeness always has it's price 8X

Mine was a gift. I share it with the world.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2010-12-18 19:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm thats sad Exc =\. I had stopped playing over a year ago? I don't exactly remember. Only reason why I'm considering coming back is because AION is starting to wear me out. And my laptop can't play 14 annnd WoW really isn't my cup of tea. Heck I even tried the game "RL" but no dice. The drops are crappier. =(

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2010-12-18 19:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
You could just always build a time machine and pick the parts you like and don't lol, might be easier :o

God I wish! So many things I'd change! But back on topic, is a Novio earring still a good thing to have or its not really a "hot ticket item" as it used to be?
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-18 19:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Greenjade said:
Hmmm thats sad Exc =\. I had stopped playing over a year ago? I don't exactly remember. Only reason why I'm considering coming back is because AION is starting to wear me out. And my laptop can't play 14 annnd WoW really isn't my cup of tea. Heck I even tried the game "RL" but no dice. The drops are crappier. =(

Furionstormrage was my currency ***! I remember asking him if you were ever comming back. He hardly plays now ; ;
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-18 20:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
As you are well aware, I am the sole reason that all women play.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-18 20:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

I love that outfit
 Cerberus.Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2010-12-18 20:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Cerberus.Greenjade said:

Furionstormrage was my currency ***! I remember asking him if you were ever comming back. He hardly plays now ; ;

It happens. If I do come back I'm probably switching servers. Or I might roll LS'less for a bit and focus on getting my levels/gear. x.x;

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-18 20:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Greenjade (I love your name lol), something about you makes the world that much greater. I suppose that should be said too though, don't worry about a time machine either :p

Keep your *** in your pants.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-12-18 20:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do come back, dont be suprised to see alot of people spoiled from abyssea, and complain that there only getting 30k an hour.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Thejew
user: Thejew
By Cerberus.Thejew 2010-12-18 20:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

^
Made my day
Thank you :)
First Page 2