users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » Moghancement: Experience
Moghancement: Experience
 Bismarck.Masterblaster
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Masterblaster 2009-02-22 02:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Could anyone assist into telling me which piece of furniture/item powers this enhancement the most and what will the maximum exp reduction total be? Thanks.
 Bahamut.Sendrethol
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sendrethol 2009-02-22 02:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Royal Bed
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-22 02:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the list from the wiki, some are event items that can only be gotten during certain events.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Moghancement:_Experience

I'm not sure if this is cumulative or not, but don't expect some huge decrease in exp loss, it's pretty low.
 Bismarck.Masterblaster
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Masterblaster 2009-02-22 02:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Here's the list from the wiki, some are event items that can only be gotten during certain events.

Yeah just been checking on there says atleast 5% will be retained however i cannot see any extra info as to what the max % comes to... Cap if you like.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-22 02:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Masterblaster said:
Yeah just been checking on there says atleast 5% will be retained however i cannot see any extra info as to what the max % comes to... Cap if you like.

Yeah, based on the discussion for that article, it looks like it caps out at 5% reduction. People claim more, but it's unconfirmed. Personally, I wouldn't waste the time or resources filling your house with beds or anything; it doesn't seem like it makes a difference, at least, not one that I ever really noticed.
 Bahamut.Vitrolant
Server: Bahamut
user: Vitrolant
By Bahamut.Vitrolant 2009-02-22 02:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

unless u sac pull a lot or are a cry baby about exp loss dont waste ur gil on beds
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-02-22 04:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I normally didn't pay too much mind about Moghancements until I started leveling BST. I already had Noble's but EVERYTHING has friggin Moghancement: Gardening on it, and it was getting IMPOSSIBLE to override it, and I really wanted to make sure I had that Moghancement: Exp on at all times. I sold my Noble's and invested in the Marble Bed. To sum it up: Nobles(around the 100k range) aura strength is 12. Marble(Mid-to-low 100kish) aura strength is 16. Royal(Mid-to-high 400k range) aura strength is 24. If you have a MH packed with lots of goodies, especially the ones with strong auras, you might think about emptying out your MH or investing in a stronger bed. I only have to remove one item from my MH now in order to get that Mog: Exp from my Marble Bed, and not only is it a nice looking bed, it gives you more bang for your buck in my opinion.
 Shiva.Tigris
Server: Shiva
user: Bour
By Shiva.Tigris 2009-02-22 08:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Mog:Exp, because I'm usually too lazy to get a decent buffer on my 75's, haha. But I still have the beds from my Mog House expansion quests, kinda got it on accident. The 5% is nice, but barely noticable. It's nice at 75 with an RB3 and you only lose 114 exp! :D
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-02-22 10:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys... You all say what needs to be in the mog house for this kind of buff or w.e...

but I really need to know myself, WHAT IS IN YOUR MOG, to actualy receive this type of Trait?

Just tell me if you have this type of Trait for your Mog House.. What do you have in your Mog house? I'd like to know b/c Iw ill just try it out myself and add my MH what all of you have and just use that!

Ima try it out myself and move all my crap into my "Fiances" mule.. or what I call my mule.. her "Barbie" mule.. lol

I specifically called my 1 mule by her name b/c its her lil make believe Barbie dream house for fun.. Mine is MH gardening but I'd love to try the experience one out.
 Cerberus.Daskinnybear
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Daskinnybear 2009-02-22 15:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.mmorganizer.net/?page=start this thing is great try it out was using b4 wiki even existed to have this non their page also the craft timer/HQ calculator thing good luck and with xp enhance u will save a couple hundred xp per death at high lvls
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2009-02-22 16:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It took maybe 20 seconds to look that up.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-22 16:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Decimus said:

See:

About 7 posts up.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2009-02-22 16:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Decimus said:

See:

About 7 posts up.

My mistake. Nice avatar.
 Ifrit.Kawasaki
Server: Ifrit
user: kawasaki
By Ifrit.Kawasaki 2009-02-27 23:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

screw beds I stick with conquest mog enhancement. pwns all.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-28 00:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, fine tuning your MH to get the exact right moghancement isn't always that easy. Your Moghancement is defined by the piece of furniture with the highest aura of the same element as your dominant element in your house. This means that if you have a bunch of Bahut's (which were the cheapest and easiest way to get max storage for a while), which all have earth aura 10, you're most likely going to end up with gardening moghancement.

Every type of bed has moghancement experience, but what makes Noble's Marble and Royal beds so good is that they have 12 16 and 24 aura strength respectively, in lightning fire and dark. These are the three highest aura strength pieces of furniture in the game, so if you have lightning fire or dark as the dominant element in your MH, then the right one of these beds will instantly give you experience moghancement.

When you're going for something like moghancement: desynthesis though, it's not quite as simple (and this is why I know so much on this topic). Without spending 300k for an item that sells pretty much never, the highest aura strength furniture with lightning based desynthesis moghancement is 3. This means that in order to get maximum desynthesis moghancement, you need to get a aura strength of 101 in your MH, made up entirely of furniture with an aura strength of 1 or 2, this pretty much means you need almost 50 flower stands or taru taru stools, and at least one of the desynth items with an aura strength of 3 (Tsahyan Mask, or any of the Dream set from christmas events). If you have any other piece of furniture with an aura strength or 3 with lightning element, you will cancel your moghancent. And any piece of furniture with a lightning element and aura strength greater than 3 will be the defining piece, so you will get that items moghancement. This means no Bastokan Flag or Noble's Bed (among others).

The one small saving grace to this though, is that once you have your 101 aura, you are free to put in any furniture you like of a different element. So while my moghouse is currently giving me maximum lightning aura with desynth moghancement, I actually have a couple of Armoire's to cap out my 80 storage, as well as all my nation flags (soon to add Sandy) except for bastok. Armoire's and all the nation flags have aura strength 9, but as they're not lightning, which is the dominant element, my desynth moghancement still holds. However, if I was to put bastok flag in, which also has aura strength 9, but of lightning element, my moghancement would be changed to bastok conquest moghancement.

Sorry about the massive wall of text, and you're probably still confused. But that's the best I could explain such a confusing subject! O_O

Basically, if you really want experience, having nothing but a bed in your room will do it. If you also want max storage, bookshelves and a marble bed is the way to go. If you want want max storage, moghancement experience, and want your MH to be pretty at the same time, then read my whole post and try to understand it ^^;
 Sylph.Antxx
user: Antxx
By Sylph.Antxx 2009-02-28 03:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this makes any difference, but after i got my 3rd nation flag, got 'Moghancement: Experience' (i had 'Moghancement: Water' before that) and noticed i lose less exp from a death. maybe a little over 1k exp after R1 instead of 1500+ (but then again i never had Moghancement: Exp before, so i could be wrong)
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-28 09:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing it was the bastok flag you got and you already had a nobles bed in your MH? The bastok flag would push your lightning aura up another 9, which could have made it the dominant element, but the bed has a higher value than the flag, so the bed is the piece the defines moghancement.

Same story if it was the sandy flag you got and you have marble bed (but who'd have marble bed)

Also, as far as I know, experience moghancement caps at 5% of what you would lose, regardless of what raise you get. So with no Raise, you'd normally lose 2.4k, you'll save 5% of that, with R1, you'd lose 1.2k, you'd save 5% of that rather than 5% of the full 2.4k etc. etc.