New Best Apoc Builds?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » New best Apoc builds?
New best Apoc builds?
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 01:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, overall Apoc is dead, and I know Cala GS DRK poops all over it, but what do you think the best current builds are? Is this the best overall in everyones opinion, has 5hit and decent over all stats.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 01:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I lied, this is 5hit, would need to WS in about the same STP though sadly
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 01:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
I lied, this is 5hit, would need to WS in about the same STP though sadly
This was Gradd's build, i just stole it
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 01:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

and best possible WS set to keep 5hit inside aby, outside need white tath*?
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2010-12-09 01:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

maby that set up would work but i was kinda thinking about something that might be very good also afv3+2 body hands and hat and homam pants and feet and vbelt that would cap u at 26% haste u could switch vbelt for goading belt and toss on blitz ring
haveing 26% in haste on gear and use guilitine if u got lvl 90 apoc highest base dmg scythe u can probly do alot with it ws with twilight hat grim body afv3 legs and feet bale belt heca hands u might still be able to pull off 5 hit and use guiltine u get 21 TP back if all hits land
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 01:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said:
maby that set up would work but i was kinda thinking about something that might be very good also afv3+2 body hands and hat and homam pants and feet and vbelt that would cap u at 26% haste u could switch vbelt for goading belt and toss on blitz ring
haveing 26% in haste on gear and use guilitine if u got lvl 90 apoc highest base dmg scythe u can probly do alot with it ws with twilight hat grim body afv3 legs and feet bale belt heca hands u might still be able to pull off 5 hit and use guiltine u get 21 TP back if all hits land
tbh Cats vs. guillotine dmg cap has closed to where its not worth it any more. Still worth testing though
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 01:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

@Ryanx Like this? would still have 5hit, but could WS in less STP and use guillotine obviously
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-09 01:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What SE needs to do is upgrade Rajas ring to +6 and +7 stats, and fix the freaking augment choices on WotG's earring.

Except for a couple arguable augments, the thing is a friggin piece of garbage for an expansion that took 3 years to finish!!!
[+]
 Asura.Andradi
Server: Asura
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2010-12-09 02:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're not using Bale for the haste, use Askar on the TP phase. The extra strength and attack on grim aren't doing jack for any dark knight worth their salt in abyssea.

A shame it's such an irrelevant weapon now. :(
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 02:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

@Andradi Like this * would have 5hit build and gain 4% DA and only use STR and attack which as you said, are all ready capped on in aby
 Asura.Andradi
Server: Asura
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2010-12-09 02:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Swap pole for rose, tactical for Aethling and if you need the STP White tath in the ammo slot and you're golden I'd say. Could even get away with using pole grip and use regain ticks to 100. 15% DA!
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 04:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm this new best WS set up for Cata? Since Fstr is nearly always capped, focused slightly on mods and was able to keep 5hit.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-09 05:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now, the only redeeming factor of Apoc, is it lets you stack on virtually all the Bale+2 set to boost the "Occ Atk Varies with HP" while still keeping haste at 26%, which should proc with enough frequency at 5/5 that it makes Apoc still a viable weapon, if still overshadowed by the Caladbolg.

That's assuming the rate does scale reasonably, at a certain point, Apoc's 5/5 bale build can go head to head with a 26% Calad build, but that's taking huge assumptions, and even if they did wind up being equal, considering the effort gap between the two weapons...
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-09 08:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Right now, the only redeeming factor of Apoc, is it lets you stack on virtually all the Bale+2 set to boost the "Occ Atk Varies with HP" while still keeping haste at 26%, which should proc with enough frequency at 5/5 that it makes Apoc still a viable weapon, if still overshadowed by the Caladbolg.

That's assuming the rate does scale reasonably, at a certain point, Apoc's 5/5 bale build can go head to head with a 26% Calad build, but that's taking huge assumptions, and even if they did wind up being equal, considering the effort gap between the two weapons...

Thats not really a redeeming factor on a job that its VERY easy to cap attack on in general, that and Cata is just horrid, it does slightly better than Guillotine in Abyssea but overral it wont hold a candle to Caladbolg.

Personally im hoping the Level 90 Relics Weapon Skills have been boosted or something if not they are just meh... Cata was pissing me the *** off today working on Apoc trial, was barely breaking 1k on Easy Prey mobs, the same exact mobs that I would average 1.8k Guillotines on.

Seriously tho dude look at it there is no possible way Apoc could ever be equal to Caladbolg, both are capping haste, Caladbolg has Stronger DPS, a MUCH stronger Weapon Skill, and not to mention the aftermath wipes the floor with Apocs, with Razed Ruins thats constant 1k crits, it overhwhelms Apoc with very very little effort at all.

SE REALLY needs to lift the haste cap or Apoc is pretty much a dead weapon.

Bring back the Apoc of 2004 Kthx :)

Edit: You should still be aiming for a AM build and using Cata inside of Abyssea, when I spoke to Kirschy she told me Cata >>> Guillotine, it should be hitting harder inside of abyssea.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-09 09:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:

I haven't done the math but I wouldn't be surprised if in terms of raw damage, OaT Scythe is on par with or stronger than Apocalypse.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-09 09:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

I haven't done the math but I wouldn't be surprised if in terms of raw damage, OaT Scythe is on par with or stronger than Apocalypse.

Raen Find our DRK atma yet? I wanna stop playing WAR :(

Moar DRK plz :(
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-09 09:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Thats not really a redeeming factor on a job that its VERY easy to cap attack on in general, that and Cata is just horrid, it does slightly better than Guillotine in Abyssea but overral it wont hold a candle to Caladbolg.

Personally im hoping the Level 90 Relics Weapon Skills have been boosted or something if not they are just meh... Cata was pissing me the *** off today working on Apoc trial, was barely breaking 1k on Easy Prey mobs, the same exact mobs that I would average 1.8k Guillotines on.

Seriously tho dude look at it there is no possible way Apoc could ever be equal to Caladbolg, both are capping haste, Caladbolg has Stronger DPS, a MUCH stronger Weapon Skill, and not to mention the aftermath wipes the floor with Apocs, with Razed Ruins thats constant 1k crits, it overhwhelms Apoc with very very little effort at all.

Bring back the Apoc of 2004 Kthx :)

Edit: You should still be aiming for a AM build and using Cata inside of Abyssea, when I spoke to Kirschy she told me Cata >>> Guillotine, it should be hitting harder inside of abyssea.

Uh, I thought I read that the "Attack Occ Varies with HP" Was a static Damage boost based on <HPP>. IE, 100% HP when Proc'd would inflict 100% additional damage. Wasn't that what Kirscy said?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-09 09:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression at first it was just a straight attack bonus, but I poked around and your right, but she also said its only a 1-2% proc, so hardly ground breaking.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-09 11:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
I was under the impression at first it was just a straight attack bonus, but I poked around and your right, but she also said its only a 1-2% proc, so hardly ground breaking.

Yah, that's why I said it would have to scale pretty dramatically as you add pieces.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-09 11:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Nope :( I'm rather behind on WoTG though and I'd expect it to be from that given the name.

Either that or a random Hippogryph NM...
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-09 11:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Nope :( I'm rather behind on WoTG though and I'd expect it to be from that given the name.

Either that or a random Hippogryph NM...

Its not... the WotG Atma for Sandy path was released in scars last update, "Atma of Comraderie" its a completley different atma :/

Rly hope they find it soon I wanna pwn on drk again :(