Views On Astral Burning?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Views on Astral burning?
Views on Astral burning?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 26 27 28
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-19 03:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Let them enjoy their e-peen, and when they try to bring those weak jobs that they have no ability to play into a regular party the world at large will see them for the frauds they are...

Exactly. So they got whatever job to 75 in 3 days...that doesn't mean they're gonna be able to play the freaking thing worth a ***, and if they can play a job for three days and actually do well with it at 75, then who am I to say what they did was wrong? If they can pick it up that fast, then I'm not gonna begrudge them for taking a shortcut of sorts on the way to 75.

I mean, I hear people complain all the time about how we can't fully skill up in level sync parties...this is a good example of why we can't. Sure, it's annoying to have to go skill up after you've already gotten a given level, but that's just another thing SE does to encourage you to play the game they meant it to be played at least some of the time...in a party of people of similar level.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-19 03:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kelvinclein said:
I think this has at least to be fixed, It doesn't make sense to be skipping levels like this. I could suggest to nerf smn 2 Hr when it comes to hit more than 10+ mobs.

I could be horribly wrong, and I actually hope I am, but doesn't Astral Flow's damage get altered based on how many mobs there are anyway? Similar to how BLM -AGA work.

1 Mob = 1000 damage.
2 Mob = 800 damage each.
5 Mob = 700 damage each.

Something like that anyway.

Kelvinclein said:
Like as AF ever meant anything to the game, never been a game breaking 2hr anyway

Completely true.. It's not like it can do a 1.2k MB on a NM at Lv.30. Or deal with mobs your pt links while they're fighting or something similar. Please, don't say Astral Flow isn't a "game breaking 2hr". No 2hr is "game breaking", but AF is one of the best 2hr's in game.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-19 04:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith i haven't said that, learn to quote.

Screw the game then lol, when i used to see a smn75, i knew he did his job for 75 levels(not right his job but well), now i don't know who played SMN, and who just used AF. This game is not meant to be "easy" like that. It's not just about level 75 or maat's cap thing, it's also disrespectful towards other ppl who level the -->R I G H T<-- way.
 Bismarck.Renowaik
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Renowaik 2009-02-19 05:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I know with BLM's Ga spells, it has dimishing returns. The more mobs, the weaker the damage, up to 40% for 10+ mobs. This is why SMN is more desirable than BLM for Dobsonfly burns.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-19 05:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Kelvinclein said:
Mr. Ugly Avatar Guy, i haven't said that, learn to quote.

Screw the game then lol, when i used to see a smn75, i knew he did his job for 75 levels(not right his job but well), now i don't know who played SMN, and who just used AF. This game is not meant to be "easy" like that. It's not just about level 75 or maat's cap thing, it's also disrespectful towards other ppl who level the -->R I G H T<-- way.

It is disrespectful for people to AF burn all the time, but that won't stop them from doing it.

Why? Why won't it stop them from doing it?

Korpg said:
Human Nature

They seek the easy way out, which isn't really all that bad to be honest. Does it affect those who leveled all their jobs the "right" way (and we need a debate on how to level the "right" way anyway)? Absolutly not, as the guy with the ugly avatar said.

Let them do whatever they want to do, it really doesn't matter to you or anyone else, because they will suck at the jobs they leveled that way (and probably the only reason why they leveled those jobs is either for subs or Maat's cap, so its not like they will be leveling those jobs anymore anyway) and you know that.

If you level all your Maat's cap jobs to 75 the "right" way, then you have accomplished something that very few has, but still, it really doesn't matter at all.

So to summerized this:

Korpg said:
Human Nature

That is all.
 Alexander.Docstu
Server: Alexander
user: Docstu
By Alexander.Docstu 2009-02-19 05:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Simply Kelvin, your views are yours, and everyone else's views are theirs. You've made your point. You don't like it. We got it.

Malekith is completely right about the effects of astral burning, if you can play the job, cool, if not, well.....don't ever take that job out of the mog house.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-19 05:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Because of level sync and campaign battle there's already a bunch of ppl out there with multiple 75 jobs that they have no idea how to play, and with gimped skills. AF burn seems to be no different imo.

I know a couple of ppl the broght 5 jobs to 75 only by campaign battles. gratned they actually went and skilled up every other level, but they still have no idea how to actually play the job in and exp/event situation.

If ppl are willing to do this only so they have a few extra 75's to flash with, i dont mind. Its just gonna make them look stupid in the end when they are asked to bring this or that job for this or that event, and everyone see that they have no idea what they're doing.

Just my opinion, but then again. I don't like level sync either, im doing my best to stay away from sync parties, or having parties sync to my lv.

Doesnt make sense to me to spend x hours in a sync party 20 levels beneath your real level, just to have to spend the same amount of hours in a skill up party later on. Kinda beats the purpose of fast exp anyway imo.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-19 06:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaign Battle offers an experience, some kind of experience at least. I mean you just don't sit there doin nothing then AF and repeat.

There should be some kind of noticeable difference between a SMN75 and a SMN75 who leveled with that trick. Would you ever notice the difference? So, someone leveling smn the normal way now, is not a smn, but it's an idiot, while the smn leveling with AF burning is the smart one lol.
And stop saying SMN who leveled SMN with AF burning don't know how to play it. Doesn't take a genius to play smn.
It's not a matter of skills, it's just respect to those who level it the right way.

Still some ppl have misunderstood what i said, Level Sync, is the best thing SE ever did, but lazy ppl found a way to abuse of this(once again).
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-19 07:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kelvinclein said:
Campaign Battle offers an experience, some kind of experience at least. I mean you just don't sit there doin nothing then AF and repeat.

You're right, you don't sit there doing nothing then 2hr and repeat.. You sit there and AFK and do nothing. Half the people that do Campaign Battle, at least on Sylph, do it in Beastmen controlled strongholds, then get 4k exp out of eating or whatever. It requires no interaction at all.
 Hades.Arkhelshar
Server: Hades
By Hades.Arkhelshar 2009-02-19 07:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously guys, stop jealousing other that level quicker than you.

People has no etiquette :

Camp steal, Crying about bans, Astral burn, Treating others like retards...I didn't dig far enough to find more but, i am sure this list could grow insanely from all the ppl complaining for nothing.

People play this game like they want to. (it's their 15$ a month I guess). As I hope that those Astral burning keep in mind those in the zone and do not pull their mob, just leave them be and wait to see if SE doesn't want it to happen. They do not need any underage lawyer claiming it's not right...

And if it release a few party from the top XP spot. Good job SE. The day they will cut it will mean that we'll have more camp steal again due to ppl being frustrated, yet once again...
 Bahamut.Memimi
Server: Bahamut
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-02-19 07:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Like 90% of SMNs don't actually get to play their job correctly as is. :/ Most get invited just to main heal and not summon. At least this way they can have a bit of fun leveling.
[+]
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-19 07:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lol idk in sylph but in fairy you get notihng if you are afk all the time.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-19 07:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously ppl are joining AF burns with other jobs than SMN. I'm in no position to say if SMN is hard to play or not, having SMN at lv 1 only.

AF burn, campaign battle, level sync its all the same to me, experience points without getting the job experience.

I couldn't care less how ppl get their jobs to 75 and how long it'll take them to get there. As long as I dont have to depend on that person doing a good job in a certain situation.

When i said skills, i meant magic/weapon/eva/parry etc skills. Would you wanna be in a party with a RDM or BRD that can't sleep a link? Or with a SAM that have 10% hit acc. I wouldn't. And that's why I don't prefer leveling in sync/campaign.

But as I've already said, this is my opinion. This is how I play. I'd never ask anyone to play the way I think.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-19 07:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooner or later you'll have to deal with that since so many ppl abusing of this trick. If SE is keeping this as it is it's just because they want the game to definately die within the year lol.
 Titan.Kunou
Server: Titan
user: liljesus9
By Titan.Kunou 2009-02-19 07:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So it should be safe to assume Kelvinclein has never been in a power leveled party and always plays with /blockaid on?
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-19 08:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What that has to do with this? lol. So it should be safe to assume Kunou has never ate Lasagne alla Bolognese... is this same question you made?
 Titan.Kunou
By Titan.Kunou 2009-02-19 08:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Because if you're questioning the playing skills of people doing AF burn, then you should also question the skills of people who have been power leveled from 1 to whatever.

Quick edit: It could also be argued that a high level player healing lower level people in order to keep them alive and gain more experience is unintended use of game mechanics that result in an unfair advantage. If you've been power leveled, you should be banned? Really?
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-02-19 08:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

meh, if they didnt want this to happen they wouldnt have made astral flow multi target..>.>; I know i'm doing this for fun, at least i can work out all the rest of the stuff later.
 Titan.Rebekah
user: Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-19 08:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

kelvin you should read the SS i posted up. Honestly the way I see it, if they want to be gimp on their "Skill" then let them be. I have seen people be gimp on other things besides magic skill/Combat skill...

Also most of the people that do this, don't really do AB parties for their main jobs. If they do, then that would be dumb. We all know that.

Edit: this is the picture so you don't have to scroll around to find it.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/Takayumi/fix-1.png
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-02-19 08:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, My group is gonna be doing skillups after, which will suck regardless of what level we are :D lol
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-19 08:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The time and effort of a party being PL'd even if to 75 isn't equal to AF burning, yes you're wrong.
 Gilgamesh.Phalon
Server: Gilgamesh
user: patience
By Gilgamesh.Phalon 2009-02-19 08:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like more witch burning to me.

Next thing you know people will be complaining that Elv have too much str or Taru too much mp.

I dont see how killing a bunch of mobs at once with a 2hour is against tos.

Should tp burn pt be against tos too? Have 2 brds a rdm n 4 drg on bird camp to get chains well over 100 is naughty? Using DRG vs birds is an exploit!

Lol then they banned all the BLM for killing elementals because they were too strong against it.
 Titan.Kunou
By Titan.Kunou 2009-02-19 08:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

We're not talking about time and effort. You seem to think people leveling using this method should be banned. I therefore counter with something that relates to your melee jobs. If a higher level player were to reduce a monster to 10% of its HP and you finished it off, you'd get no exp. Why, then, can a high level player intervene using an alternate method and you still get the full exp reward? It's a "glitch." People abusing this glitch should be banned? If you attempt to say there's a difference between the two scenarios because one applies to you, you're being hypocritical. Give me a reasonable explanation as to why one warrants a ban while the other doesn't, and don't even think about using "time and effort" while doing so.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-19 08:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you ignore that GMs AREN'T game developers.
They surely won't ban for this (while i think they should at least do something to take back the exp the players are "stealing").
I hope they might consider nerfing that.
 Titan.Rebekah
user: Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-19 08:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

lol it is like saying all workers from a co. don't know anything about their own job. that is funny Kelvin. They should know a little something.

With the Glitch on Salvage the reason why people got banned was because it was in the rules, if you see a Glitch, GM it. That is why people got banned.

So if your saying they should nerf the smns two hrs then by all means send a letter to Special Forces... Oh and also tell them to nerf all the other 2hrs. LOL and other ways to get EXP. =p sitting in campaign battle just buffing yourself with barspells is wrong too lol =p.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-19 08:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kunou your point doesn't stand. Even if i had a PL I still PLAY my job, I don't like PL either but that's just an help.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-19 08:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Takes time anyway to take a job to 75. If it isn't AT LEAST for the time issue probably wouldn't even make sense to "play".
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-02-19 09:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a few points I'm gonna talk at.

1) In all honesty it IS a way to mass produce people with high levels, but no skills. And by that, I mean they have no idea how to play their freaking job. The arguement has been made that it doesn't impact you, but unless you only solo and do no endgame, I almost guarantee you you're gonna have to deal with these retards one day. One day you're gonna be in a CoP 6-4 pt with a "Super 75 uber PLD hurr hurr" and tell him to voke Omega and you're gonna get the FFXI equivalent of this back: User submitted image
Humanity in general has a tendency to be as idiotic and lazy as they can with however much slack you decide to give them. I'm certainly no elitist, but when I play I hold myself to a certain set of professional standards. I don't care what gear you have on. The only thing I expect of you is to know what's expected of you. As an example, I'm hesitant to bring my SCH into endgame because past 50 all I learned how to do with it is main heal. The system we had in place worked very well to weed out all the people who can't hack it in FFXI, and most of them leave for WoW before the end of the jungle. Now you're providing a venue to circumvent all that and bring these terrible people to 75. Obviously if you're one of those people who have played for years, you probably know what's expected of a job without even playing it, and this rant isn't directed at you.

2) This may be a moot point because all I know about Astral Burn is what the OP described for me, but for those of you who don't know, Korroloka Tunnel is the best place in the game to farm Slime Oils. As an alchemist, I wouldn't be able to call myself one without taking slight to the fact that you're taking my precious Jellies away from me. Now if Jellies don't factor into the equation of what you're pulling, that's all well and good.

3) RMTs will abuse this. That I'll lay down money on. I know you probably don't want to hear it or are tired of hearing it, but RMTs abuse anything they can. This is unescapable dogma of our game, as much as PUP sucking (Obviously I'm joking. I'd like to think I have a much more profound respect for PUPs than most people) But RMTs are subhuman scum who personally I would like to see burn alive. And as I set the torch the torch to their flesh their pitiful screams will make me laugh with childlike glee as I send them to rot forever in the depths of hell. Mwuhahaha*cough* Ahem, excuse me. Anyways my point is they don't care whose toes they step on which brings me back to point #2.

I'm not trying to start flame-wars. If you already know how to play and just want to knock a new subjob out of the way, go for it. I'm just trying to present my views intelligently, and I hope you understand why I hope this gets nerfed to hell.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-19 09:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Who cares how many 75's someone gets via this method? Who cares if they get a maats cap out of it? It doesn't negatively impact my character or yours at all.

^

It's just people having a good moan about something that doesn't concern them. As per usual. If people want to use the Astral Burn trick to get 4 75's and a maat's Cap in a week, good for them! It's their monthly fee, they can do what they want with it. It's not like I'm the one who decides how people do or don't level.

I'd personally prefer to take time levelling and enjoy the job. But that's just me. I know many people who would use this trick if they could because to them, level 75 is more important than the fun of levelling the job. Doesn't make them right or wrong.

They are not stepping on anybody's toes or weeing on anyone's fires here. They're just playing the game the way they want to. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make their choice wrong.

It's just pointless moaning about nothing, something that has zero or minimal trivial impact on you and your character. Everyone needs something to moan about!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-19 09:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

People still crying over this?

Come on I know someone who got so emo that Ixion wasn't a summon, now to take their xp away which they have trouble as it is to get xp as a smn, please. XD

If they nerf anything it wont be a smn 2 hr, it would most likely be the link time of mobs.

Cast on #1 Mob then link all (guessing about 10 or more) then by the time they get to the pt for smn to 2hr, the links would have depopped and prob leave 1 or 2 left on link.

Or just change the linking of those mobs in the areas they smn burn.

Which can actually benefit us all when we xp and the puller links multiples for example: Crawlers Nest, i know alot who hate having links from crawlers.

If they nerf 2 hrs for smn, that means they nerf all the mobs that have avatar 2hr. I saw a post saying to make it 1 target for 2hr smn, that means we'd kill PW, lamia, etc. easy since they nerf 2hr to be single target. they could however nerf the 2 hr just like how someone said of blm's casting ga's and the damage is split among the amount of mobs.

I'm sure alot of you would love this if you were stuck on a few levels looking for pt for hours and you are just a few lvls from where pting gets better would do this with a smn burn.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 26 27 28