Views On Astral Burning?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Views on Astral burning?
Views on Astral burning?
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 26 27 28
 Titan.Rebekah
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-24 10:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Rebekah said:
Kelvinclein said:
Eh AFBurn might be right if ppl wouldn't abuse of it, which is impossible.

Ok now, for the people like myself, why would anyone want to take that right away from us? Your not only punishing the people that "Abuse it" but you are also punishing the people that have played the job for years, just want to get a few merits out of it or xp sub jobs they will never want to make a main.

Hell I would love to do this with my Sch... will I ever play sch Full time? No lol. But I don't wanna sit in the dunes for hrs on end and once getting a party, take 1 week to level to 20. No point in that. I don't wanna know how to play the job, i just wanna be smn/sch lol.

Rebekah said:
Kelvinclein said:
The game already got enough easy imho, there are already lots of ways for people to exp. I'm not against SMN, and not jealous they getting exp i could leech off them not even using 2 hr. I just think this is not fair to everyone who played till now, and that this will really break the game in which we will see ppl leveling jobs to 75 without even playing it, and of course lotwhoring stuff for those jobs, and be considered like everyone else. This is gonna be bad and bad the longer they take to fix it..

I can say as a Vet SMN I see no problem with someone gimping their smn job to 75... If you wanna suck and lootwhore your ls, go right ahead... All I have to say is, thank god I am not in that ls... I have seen people get gear on their level 30 smn over my level 75 smn, not that I didn't deserve it but by the standards of the ls, they went to more events then I did so they deserve it more then I did. The AB parties won't stop this, your Endgame leader will.

B4 this, I knew a guy that leveled his main job whm in 3 weeks, as I watched i was level 50 whm for 2 years. TBH It did make me jelis lol but he quit a month later. lol this was b4 the level sync. lol

I have played WoW and CoH even with lack of time I would have, the fact still remains that it still sucks. LOL

Kelvinclein said:
Rebekah said:
I see it this way, if you wanna b*tch about one easy way to get xp then you should b*tch about the other ways.

Rebekah said:
But please can we step into their shoes for a second. Now people use to b*tch about how hard it was to get to 75, or when they needed to take a break because of rl they would fall behind. It seems to me that SE gave us a "Way out" of that, but now we still have people that b*tch. So it is like a Damned if I do and Damned if I don't... Then when we want something to happen they won't do it... Why? Because there is no way to make everyone happy.

Maybe I am wrong.

That is what I said on one of my past posts. I believe it to be true, there is no way to make everyone happy.

This was the comment?

Well honestly, there are plenty way of exp, if you dont' have time to play a mmorpg like ffxi, like i already said a few times now, go play an mmorpg like WoW or PSU, that it's easy to level up.
And again, Ppl lost their way on the way to 75, i remember being a lvl 60 forever back in the day, not complaining too much about exping because i knew ffxi was hard, but maybe that's just me. Getting the first lvl75 isn't gonna make your game better.

Level Sync is already a great addition to FFXI's exp system, and there are plenty way of exp and level up in FFXI, you don't need this.
I'm sure there's a way to use this in a good way, but this whole Trick, can be abused, and this is bad.

"not complaining too much about exping" but you still did complain about it.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-24 10:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like stealing NM's when a tank dies or someone disengages or is a bst or is zone nuking etc. etc. and the NM happens to turn yellow is "fair game".

I just wrote a big paragraph that turned into a rant. Technically yellow is fair game, but if you ever need to say the words "it was yellow" then you're probably a *** ***.
[+]
 Titan.Rebekah
Server: Titan
user: Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-24 10:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yellow is fair game. To call someone a harsh word is not against the law, but it is rude.
 Siren.Khellendros
Server: Siren
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-24 13:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Kelvinclein said:
Stop making this forum look like KI and BG<_<

One thing here just for you:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/cybernana/funpage/dominick/dominick.htm

Cause all I hear from you is "QQ I like trolling QQ hee-haw"
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-24 13:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rebekah said:
Yellow is fair game. To call someone a harsh word is not against the law, but it is rude.
 Midgardsormr.Piplup
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Piplup
By Midgardsormr.Piplup 2009-02-24 13:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing this long before level sync... It's nothing new, it just became bigger once lvl sync came out... when i lvl'd other characters smn job i would go to fort ghelsba and aggro everything in there on a 75 job and kill it all on a lvl 12 job... been legit always... SMN 2hr is meant to be AOE damage! what are they gonna do to gimp it? AOE up to 10mobs at a time? no... AOE is weakened if the number of mobs goes over this much? possibly but that's really lame if u actually need an AOE ability for legit purposes so i doubt they will gimp it...
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-24 14:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Piplup said:
possibly but that's really lame if u actually need an AOE ability for legit purposes so i doubt they will gimp it...

Except that AF is legit 100% of the time anyway.

So they won't gimp it...
 Siren.Anmorata
user: Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-02-24 18:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

just so you know... I ate alot of spicy food today, so I might Astral Flow Burn =x.X=
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-24 18:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I had some pizza today, Totinos and it was oh so good. :3
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-24 18:36:10
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Back in Seattle there was this local pizza joint called Pagliacci's. Omfg, it was to die for <3 Really makes me wanna go back.
 Garuda.Pastor
Server: Garuda
user: Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-02-24 19:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

off the top of my head i know i said i think SE might tweak level sync to remove this Astral Burning technique. Well i think the most simplest way they might do this to gimp the damage of Astral flow while in level sync mode now i know places like CoP have an effect similar to level sync so they might have this gimped effect status out of CoP areas where leveling syncing for exp just would not be worth it. This is a mere suggestion no point in me saying SE might do this SE might do that unless i suggest how they might do it. I will give this some more thought.
 Siren.Khellendros
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-24 19:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If it is "gimped" based on a level sync usage, you can still pull it off without level sync. It just requires that all of your summoners actually be in the level range.
 Shiva.Phioness
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-02-24 20:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is gonna gimp it because its an exploit that makes the game as chintzy as WoW, end of story, KC still hasn't shut up, Korpg and Wooooodum at it .... again (good times just to sit back and laugh), I'm finally gonna get back in the game (internet connection in a month), Oprah Winfrey looses and gains weight as much as Eric Cartmen says bad things about hippies and jews, Pepperoni and Pinnapple Pizza with extra Sauce from Papa Murphy's is the best, and the word of the day is Bootysnatch.
 Garuda.Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-02-24 20:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

omg pineapple has no place on a pizza. A pizza is meant to be a cheese fest tell me how does fruit do with that ?

You know i think SE might change the way hate is calculated when getting hate on a mob that reads to weak perhaps they might shorten the time in which it stays aggro and im talking a very short time period ?
 Siren.Anmorata
user: Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-02-24 20:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt SE will do anything, its no worse then doing a Qufim burn.

only difference is you need to find a COR and a new level sync more often.

then again if they do change it, more power to them, enjoy it while it lasts I say.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-24 20:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pastor said:
omg pineapple has no place on a pizza. A pizza is meant to be a cheese fest tell me how does fruit do with that ?

You know i think SE might change the way hate is calculated when getting hate on a mob that reads to weak perhaps they might shorten the time in which it stays aggro and im talking a very short time period ?

That's a pretty reasonable suggestion actually, it's stupid that a level 20 mob will do it's damndest to kill a level 75 and never give up... if I was the level 20 mob I'd be running away big time.

Also, pineapple on pizza rocks. Pizza base + sauce + cheese is not a good pizza... I think Aussie pizza places have about 10x as many ingredients as US pizza places (and apparently UK ones too). Hell, I've even had a pizza with banana, bacon, cream cheese, chilli flakes and sweet chilli sauce... and it was good!
 Garuda.Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-02-24 20:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Pastor said:

That's a pretty reasonable suggestion actually, it's stupid that a level 20 mob will do it's damndest to kill a level 75 and never give up... if I was the level 20 mob I'd be running away big time.

Also, pineapple on pizza rocks. Pizza base + sauce + cheese is not a good pizza... I think Aussie pizza places have about 10x as many ingredients as US pizza places (and apparently UK ones too). Hell, I've even had a pizza with banana, bacon, cream cheese, chilli flakes and sweet chilli sauce... and it was good!

Its always amazed me how long a mob that reads too weak will chase you, you stats read the other way around i would not lead chase and follow if i was the mob id run lol

Also fruit on pizza ... no just no id simply pick it off and refuse to pay for it :D
 Siren.Khellendros
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-24 20:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pizza with fruit? Yick. I agree with Pastor there. A real pizza has bacon, sausage, pepperoni, chicken, and the normal sauce/cheese on it. <3
 Garuda.Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-02-24 20:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Khellendros said:
Pizza with fruit? Yick. I agree with Pastor there. A real pizza has bacon, sausage, pepperoni, chicken, and the normal sauce/cheese on it. <3

amen :D
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-24 21:10:11

Pastor said:
Its always amazed me how long a mob that reads too weak will chase you, you stats read the other way around i would not lead chase and follow if i was the mob id run lol

Also fruit on pizza ... no just no id simply pick it off and refuse to pay for it :D

I think the best way to gimp this exploit would be to simply limit the amount of time a mob stays linked/aggroed on a player far beyond the mob's level. After "x" calculated amount of time the mob will lose interest and run away or depop.

It does seem foolish for something level 20ish to be so endlessly provoked and bloodthirsty against a 75 that pisses it off.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-24 21:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Pastor said:

I think the best way to gimp this exploit would be to simply limit the amount of time a mob stays linked/aggroed on a player far beyond the mob's level. After "x" calculated amount of time the mob will lose interest and run away or depop.

It does seem foolish for something level 20ish to be so endlessly provoked and bloodthirsty against a 75 that pisses it off.

Stop getting side-tracked and get back to what's important. WHAT ABOUT THE PIZZA!?
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-02-27 11:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

pizza ftw! Although sick atm so i can't taste it =_=
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-27 12:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm pizza sounds good to eat today
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-02-27 12:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Off to get me a pizza right now as it happens ;)
 Gilgamesh.Fulgore
user: fulgore
By Gilgamesh.Fulgore 2009-02-27 13:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pastor said:
I personally consider it a method of cheating and i would not be shocked if SE tweak the system so that this Astral Burning doesn't become so rewarding like /BRD to Campaign was fixed.

was wondering same before i start AFburn so i went ask a GM and he answerred me that there were no malicious/glitch in it it was "just a clever way to use level sync".

i don't see why you could get hammered for ?
monopolizing mobs ? can always sort this

this thing is 100% legit, only way they could change it is nerfing AF
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-02-27 13:33:02

The action in of itself is legit, the ridiculous amounts of exp earned is questionable, the mass gathering of mobs via use of a level 75 job is not legitimate, the overuse of said tactic is exploitation. Therefore I think something about it should be addressed from SE. What exactly they will do is up for grabs, but I do believe something should be done.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-27 13:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The simplest and most elegant solution would be to just power up the mobs as they come into contact with one another... that the more you gather together, the stronger they all become as part of a horde. If you make it hard for even a 75 puller to gather up too weak mobs in the first place, then you defeat the method without even touching the 2hr.
 Gilgamesh.Fulgore
user: fulgore
By Gilgamesh.Fulgore 2009-02-27 13:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Denaub said:
Seen people doing this even been asked to since my Smn is leveled. But after nearly getting banned a few weeks ago for the salvage duping my group did, there no way in hell I'll be doing it no matter how "legit" people make it sound.

people doesn't make it legit, GM does
 Fairy.Lycurgus
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Lycurgus 2009-02-27 14:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't ever post (this might be my first), but I'm not looking to troll either. 'Just killing some time while camping. I think both "sides" here are failing to acknowledge each other, too caught up in the "I am right, so you must be wrong (and an idiot, to boot!)" mindset.

I won't regurgitate Kelvin's points, but he did have some, and whether you want to admit it or not, there was some validity to them. AF parties make what was once difficult, much easier. I don't want to assume what KC thinks, but I'm guessing behind the ethics debate of it, perhaps there's a bit of resentment involved there as well. "I busted my *** for months (years?) to get 75, and some douche is gonna' sit there doing no where near what I did to get 75 and appear to be the same as me?!" But the same could have been said by people who got 75 before the exp jump at lvl 51 was reduced. Or people who got merits in nexus/dweaps/uleguerand where chain 20 was like "zomg!@" after toau areas were introduced. Or people who finished CoP missions before they became CoP-lite for the incompetant. SE has continuously watered down the difficulty on things in order to appease the masses and stop the hemorrhage of players to easier, more instantly gratifying mmos like wow.

Whether or not you agree with Kelvin, I think anyone could at least understand where he's coming from. If you take out the ethical side of it and just look at it strictly from a "I busted my *** and you get yours easy" standpoint, I think it's a pretty natural reaction.

And to KC, the other "side" of the argument is it's a legitimate use of level sync, whether intended or not. I remember reading an interview with an SE developer a while back where they discussed how they were amused by how the player base came up with new, unanticipated ideas. Manaburns were not expected or intended, but they came about. Likewise for nin tanks. SE didn't intend to have these things come about, but they did, and that was fine. As long as people aren't monopolizing exp mobs off traditional party setups or bsts, I won't complain about it. It's an easy and pretty cheap way to get merits and exp, I think everyone can concede that point, but to gripe about it is fruitless. It is what it is, and unless SE does something to change it, it's just another step in making things easier for people. I'll admit I'd look down on someone who AF'd their way to 75, but I'll also admit I'm more than happy to get my rdm sub to 37 in AF cause I don't want to level it. If a "real" rdm or someone who levelled rdm to 37 in regular parties wants to say I suck because of it, all right. But I've played more than enough to know how a rdm works and what it does; if I want to be lazy on this one, I think I'm entitled to that.

And, for the record, KC could do AF parties. Plenty of people in our LS do them. He just opts not to, and that's fine.
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-02-27 14:52:47

tl;dr
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 26 27 28