Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » -Ja spells
-Ja spells
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-12-04 21:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

there isnt a whole lot of info on these spells on any site really . mostly solo testers parse . has anyone tried any of these spells with multiple BLMs to verify (clarify?)its mechanics and uses ?
i would suspect since its an AoE and and its DMG output seen so far that aside from the obvious wording of the description(s) for it that it may have some different mechanics than it's -Ga siblings . Possibly for time nooking larger groups of mobs vs. using Ga Magic that starts gettin gimped after so many mobs ?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-04 21:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki's info on it's horrible. Something like 5% each cast up to +15%

But even solo I've gotten +10-15% on the first reiteration and then another 10-15% (whichever I didn't get last time usually) the next one.

Time since last cast seems to make a huge diff though. Needed /sch to get that pretty much
 Asura.Nalien
Server: Asura
user: juro
By Asura.Nalien 2010-12-04 21:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
vs. using Ga Magic that starts gettin gimped after so many mobs ?
No.
It simply gets stronger with consecutive casts.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-04 21:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

-ja testing

Quote:
There's some info floating around, and I wanted to re-run some testing myself. I think some of it is new, some we already knew~

The -ja line of magic follows what you'd expect for -ga IV.
-The M Value is 2.3 (or 2.299), which is the same as Tier V line of magic.
-Base V on Stoneja is 719
-Base V on Waterja is 782

The target-reduction part of the calculation works the same as -ga:
-For 1 target, the term is 1.0.
-For 2 targets = .80
-For 3 targets = .75
-For 4 targets = .70
-For 10+ targets = .4 (The term's minimum caps at .4)

The "Successive use enhances spell potency." is a debuff which adds a new term to the damage calculation. It appears to be after Magic Affinity/Staff, and before MAB.
-It acts as an invisible debuff on the mob. (You will get no "wears off" message.)
-All mobs hit by hit by the -ja will receive the debuff.
-The term is 1.05, and gains .05 for each successive cast from the same -ja.
-The term is applied only to spells of the SAME ELEMENT. (ie; Using Stoneja and then Waterja or Blizzard IV does not grant a bonus, but using Stoneja and then Stone will get a bonus.)
-Successive casts done by different characters gain the damage bonus and can add to the potency of the debuff. (ie; Player A casts Waterja, Player B can cast Water and gain the potency bonus. Player A casts Waterja, Player B can cast Waterja and gain the damage boost and add another .05 to the debuff.)
-The debuff lasts 60 seconds with base duration. (ie; Player A casts Waterja, Player A or B can cast Water up to 60 seconds later and gain the bonus.)
- A -ja debuff of the same element will not extend duration. (ie; Player A casts Waterja, Player B casts Waterja 50 seconds later, Player A or B can cast Water up to 10 seconds later to gain the bonus.)
-A -ja debuff of a different element will overwrite any existing debuff and restarts the duration. (ie; Player A casts Waterja, Player B casts Stoneja 30 seconds later. Subsequent casts of water will recieve no bonus, and for 60 seconds, subsequent casts of Stone will recieve a bonus.)
-Goetia Chausses +2 (AF3+2 Pants) extends the duration of the debuff to 90s. This extension still applies even if the initial cast wasn't done in pants.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-04 21:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm odd. Definitely only got 5% each time just now. Maybe it was broken when it first came out lol
 Odin.Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-12-05 07:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

so its been shown to share multiple mob mod with Ga. kinda disappointing more is the 1.0 for 1 mob and the decrease for additional mob , where with Ga you actually get bonus dmg on a single target .i musta missed that post on BG . i'm still interested if anyone has tried some group play with these . there has to be some reason SE would give us this spell instead of Ga4 and 5 (some friends suspect we'll get Ga4 , i'm on the fence) . this one test may point to opening with Ja and concluding with Ga spells like workin-the-wheel on AM/AM2+T4/5 , especially vs. Mobs strong to magic or specific elements ?
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-12-05 08:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
kinda disappointing more is the 1.0 for 1 mob and the decrease for additional mob , where with Ga you actually get bonus dmg on a single target

Since when do you get a dmg boost for Ga spells when you hit only one mob? It's 1.0 for one mob. That's it. It works the same as the ja spell for groups
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-05 10:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Mikumaru said:
so its been shown to share multiple mob mod with Ga. kinda disappointing more is the 1.0 for 1 mob and the decrease for additional mob , where with Ga you actually get bonus dmg on a single target .i musta missed that post on BG . i'm still interested if anyone has tried some group play with these . there has to be some reason SE would give us this spell instead of Ga4 and 5 (some friends suspect we'll get Ga4 , i'm on the fence) . this one test may point to opening with Ja and concluding with Ga spells like workin-the-wheel on AM/AM2+T4/5 , especially vs. Mobs strong to magic or specific elements ?
Did you not ready Veg's post?

ja = gaIV + boost
 Odin.Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-12-05 22:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry no didnt see it whats it under ?
 Odin.Blazza