Ignorance Taken To The Next Level.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Ignorance taken to the next level.
Ignorance taken to the next level.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
You know what gets me is when religious folk claim how atheism is shoved in their face. Really, and religion isn't?

There's politicians who still claim that there should be no separation bewteen church and state!

how is a lack of a belief shoved in one's face? Atheism isn't a set of beliefs...

but on your point, yeah those idiots scare me to no end.
Our 'favorite' one is one of those people.

the guy who called the constitution just a god damned piece of paper? the guy who nearly drove our nation to to a collapse? that guy?
lol

But I was referring to a certain person who is a former governor of a certain state.

oh a different state, that person who doesn't know that Africa is a continent or the three nations in North America, that one?

not the one that spent 5/8's of his time in office in texas (iirc)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-05 12:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Considering that the short term solution made the settlement of plantations in the new world possible roughly 400 years sooner, and that the long term solution: Pasteurization, wasn't created by an Atheist, I'm not sure where you're going with this.

my disagreement with beer has nothing to do with religion, but as I've said before, it's the line of thinking that allows religion to exist that is the problem, and that line of thinking really doesn't apply to people who use the scientific method, anyone claiming a religion while using the scientific method isn't religious, they two don't mix.

you can't sit there and prove that another method wouldn't have arisen sooner if a short term solution wasn't already present (nor can I truly prove that it would) but that isn't the point.
You sure do love your science.. I'm all for finding proof of everything we can.. But guess what.. Science fails when it comes to religion. In your case the two don't even belong in the same post. Science can't prove nor disprove the existence of a God.. Practically every post you make is blabbering on about how anyone has faith is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, ignorant, idiotic son of a ***, but you keep throwing around the word 'science' while doing it.. As if science has anything to do with any of the nonsense you spew.

I find it amusing how you grasp the concept, however you fail to put 2 and 2 together.
Please, show me the error of my ways oh mighty Jet! What am I missing?

to make a claim that doesn't follow logic or doesn't have proof is ignorant/stupid, religion lacks both of these things. science strictly follows logic, and requires proof for the claims it makes.
If that's 'my error' then you failed to even begin to comprehend what I was saying. Simply put, lack of evidence =/= lack of existence, you constantly denounce religion, but throw in the word science everywhere... since science can't prove ***one way or another in this case, it has jack ***to do with anything.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-05 12:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
You know what gets me is when religious folk claim how atheism is shoved in their face. Really, and religion isn't?

There's politicians who still claim that there should be no separation bewteen church and state!

how is a lack of a belief shoved in one's face? Atheism isn't a set of beliefs...

the guy who called the constitution just a god damned piece of paper? the guy who nearly drove our nation to to a collapse? that guy?
lol

But I was referring to a certain person who is a former governor of a certain state.

oh a different state, that person who doesn't know that Africa is a continent or the three nations in North America, that one?
The very same one that thinks our allies are the North Koreans, yes.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-05 12:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

lol

did the consititution stop being a piece of paper all of a sudden?
is it some mystical vellum now or something?
it's just a piece of paper.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Considering that the short term solution made the settlement of plantations in the new world possible roughly 400 years sooner, and that the long term solution: Pasteurization, wasn't created by an Atheist, I'm not sure where you're going with this.

my disagreement with beer has nothing to do with religion, but as I've said before, it's the line of thinking that allows religion to exist that is the problem, and that line of thinking really doesn't apply to people who use the scientific method, anyone claiming a religion while using the scientific method isn't religious, they two don't mix.

you can't sit there and prove that another method wouldn't have arisen sooner if a short term solution wasn't already present (nor can I truly prove that it would) but that isn't the point.
You sure do love your science.. I'm all for finding proof of everything we can.. But guess what.. Science fails when it comes to religion. In your case the two don't even belong in the same post. Science can't prove nor disprove the existence of a God.. Practically every post you make is blabbering on about how anyone has faith is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, ignorant, idiotic son of a ***, but you keep throwing around the word 'science' while doing it.. As if science has anything to do with any of the nonsense you spew.

I find it amusing how you grasp the concept, however you fail to put 2 and 2 together.

to make a claim that doesn't follow logic or doesn't have proof is ignorant/stupid, religion lacks both of these things. science strictly follows logic, and requires proof for the claims it makes.
If that's 'my error' then you failed to even begin to comprehend what I was saying. Simply put, lack of evidence =/= lack of existence, you constantly denounce religion, but throw in the word science everywhere... since science can't prove ***one way or another in this case, it has jack ***to do with anything.

I know what you were saying, it's stupid.

Science has everything to do with it, the scientific method is sound logic and reasoning, anything that goes out of it's realm is quite frankly stupid. If you can't prove something, don't make a claim about it, otherwise people will treat you as you should be treated, like a crazy/stupid person.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-05 12:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
anyone claiming a religion while using the scientific method isn't religious, they two don't mix
Opinion.

Gregor Mendel would like to have a word with you.

science and religion don't mix, blind faith goes against everything science is founded on.
I know you think your opinions prove something, but they don't. Rewording your first opinion really doesn't counter my example of a religious scientist existing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

lol

did the consititution stop being a piece of paper all of a sudden?
is it some mystical vellum now or something?
it's just a piece of paper.

well if you're truly patriotic it's more than a piece of paper (symbolically), and holds more weight than any flag/book etc
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
anyone claiming a religion while using the scientific method isn't religious, they two don't mix
Opinion.

science and religion don't mix, blind faith goes against everything science is founded on.
I know you think your opinions prove something, but they don't. Rewording your first opinion really doesn't counter my example of a religious scientist existing.
they don't exist, religion and science by definition don't mix, anything else is ***.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-05 12:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Science has everything to do with it, the scientific method is sound logic and reasoning, anything that goes out of it's realm is quite frankly stupid. If you can't prove something, don't make a claim about it, otherwise people will treat you as you should be treated, like a crazy/stupid person.
Fine, tell me how you can use science to absolutely disprove the existence of a God.. When you can do that, then I will admit science has anything to do with it, until then, shut the *** up.

I'm done for now, I've grown tired of this.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

lol

The very same one that thinks our allies are the North Koreans, yes.

from what I've read about that one, it was a mistake in what she said (not an actual knowledge mistake) so I'll play nice and won't use that one against her, but the others...just wow.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-05 12:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Opinion.

they don't exist, religion and science by definition don't mix, anything else is ***.
Yet one of our most gifted, and brilliant scientists of all time, was religious. Einstein.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-05 12:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Opinion.

Jet's circular logic MO, go back to what he originally said if someone proves him wrong, wash, rinse repeat.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Fine, tell me how you can use science to absolutely disprove the existence of a God.. When you can do that, then I will admit science has anything to do with it, until then, shut the *** up.

I'm done for now, I've grown tired of this.

you don't *** listen, it has nothing to do with proving/disproving anything, to make a claim either way is unscientific and quite frankly stupid, that's why religion doesn't mix with science. You again missed the *** point.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Opinion.

Jet's circular logic MO, go back to what he originally said if someone proves him wrong, wash, rinse repeat.

when people prove me wrong I admit to it, that has yet to happen in this discussion, stop trolling guy.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Opinion.

Yet one of our most gifted, and brilliant scientists of all time, was religious. Einstein.
no, no he wasn't. They cover this in the OP's video.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-05 12:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Your point is completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. My point is you can stop talking about science while denouncing religion, because science helps in the this case for jack ***. Sure, fine the two ideologies are completely different, THAT DOESN'T MAKE THEM RELATED. Until science is being used to prove or disprove something, it has ***at all to do with the *** subject.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-05 12:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Opinion.

Well then, he sure did talk about god a lot for someone who didn't believe in a god. Did you know he thought the idea of electrons jumping around was preposterous because "god doesn't play jokes with the universe" or something to that effect?
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-05 12:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Opinion.

Well then, he sure did talk about god a lot for someone who didn't believe in a god. Did you know he thought the idea of electrons jumping around was preposterous because "god doesn't play jokes with the universe" or something to that effect?
give up on this one slipi :/
this einstein point is a bad egg, throw it out.
just act like you never said it and do the same as jet does.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-05 12:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Opinion.

give up on this one slipi :/
this einstein point is a bad egg, throw it out.
just act like you never said it and do the same as jet does.
What does it really matter with Jeta? I could say 2 plus 2 is 4 and he'd say, "You *** idiot, it's 5" just for the sake of starting an argument.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Your point is completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. My point is you can stop talking about science while denouncing religion, because science helps in the this case for jack ***. Sure, fine the two ideologies are completely different, THAT DOESN'T MAKE THEM RELATED. Until science is being used to prove or disprove something, it has ***at all to do with the *** subject.

again, you fail at comprehending simple logic, and I feel for you.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-05 12:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you know he thought the idea of electrons jumping around was preposterous because "god doesn't play jokes with the universe" or something to that effect?
It was quantum theory he had a problem believing in at the time. Now quantum physics is accepted as the working model. Not sure that is the best example of a religious scientist getting it right.
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Opinion.

In science you only need to be proved wrong once. Your claim that you can't be both religious and a scientist has been proven false by observational data. It's time to create a different hypothesis; stop repeating the same premise.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-05 12:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Logic is Jet's favorite word >_>
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you know he thought the idea of electrons jumping around was preposterous because "god doesn't play jokes with the universe" or something to that effect?
It was quantum theory he had a problem believing in at the time. Now quantum physics is accepted as the working model. Not sure that is the best example of a religious scientist getting it right.
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Opinion.

In science you only need to be proved wrong once. Your claim that you can't be both religious and a scientist has been proven false by observational data. It's time to create a different hypothesis; stop repeating the same premise.

you're either a person who believes in the scientific method or a religious person, (or some odd third party), the two don't mix, ever regardless of what delusions people come up with.

if you believe in a god, then you don't truly believe in the principles of science, if you belong to a religion, you don't believe in the aspects of the scientific method.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-05 13:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Opinion.

Jet is a sith.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-05 13:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Opinion.

you're either a person who believes in the scientific method or a religious person, (or some odd third party), the two don't mix, ever regardless of what delusions people come up with.

if you believe in a god, then you don't truly believe in the principles of science, if you belong to a religion, you don't believe in the aspects of the scientific method.
Hmm lets try this logical fallacy thing out.

Since you still hold to your original premise even after being presented with evidence that counters it, you do not believe in the scientific method.

Based on your own premise those that do not believe in the scientific method are religious and believe in god.

You must be religious and believe in god.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 13:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Opinion.

Jet is a sith.

I'd rather be a Sith than a religious nut job in this world, at least their religion gives them cool powers (and has evidence) "I find your lack of faith disturbing" (force choke), yeah when people can start doing that to me, I'll believe.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-05 13:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jet is a reincarnation of Jesus Christ.

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-05 13:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Jet is the most religious person on this site.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 13:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Opinion.

Hmm lets try this logical fallacy thing out.

Since you still hold to your original premise even after being presented with evidence that counters it, you do not believe in the scientific method.

Based on your own premise those that do not believe in the scientific method are religious and believe in god.

You must be religious and believe in god.

you did not present evidence to the contrary...

and I never said that you don't go with the scientific method that you must believe in a god or be religious, look at the bold.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-05 14:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
you did not present evidence to the contrary...
Gregor Mendel.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14