Ignorance Taken To The Next Level.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Ignorance taken to the next level.
Ignorance taken to the next level.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 11:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Funny how that's always your reply when someone shoots you down hard lol, it's okay though Jet, you're still my friend.
whether or not beer has been a positive influence on society is purely subjective, we both stated our reasons as to why we think the way we do, and neither of our minds will change. He didn't listen when I said that a temporary solution < long term solution, and taking the easy fixes for short sided views leads to problems. He seems to think I'm ignorant, which I am in many subjects, however unlike religion I try to find answers that have proof behind them, religious people fail in this concept, and eventually the time will come when such stupidity isn't the majority (that's what helps me sleep at night) and him believing in his logical fallacies helps him sleep at night.

That and I'm tired.

As to the friend thing, we never agree (at least not that I can remember) but your avatar never ceases to make me laugh.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-05 11:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
beer is *** disgusting and shouldn't exist.
As long as we're suspending logic in this thread ...

You keep dropping lines like these and I'll start to think all Atheists are this nuts, and I am one.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 11:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
beer is *** disgusting and shouldn't exist.
As long as we're suspending logic in this thread ...

You keep dropping lines like these and I'll start to think all Atheists are this nuts, and I am one.

sorry, I should have put an opinion label on that line, (thought: that's a tag they should add [opinion]oh noes[/opinion] )

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-05 11:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Alcohol makes people sloppy, aggressive and unease; why would people want that?
That hasn't been my experience with it. I mellow out with a good beer. With several good beers I get really happy. I'm your friendly drunk, not the *** drunk.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 11:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
That hasn't been my experience with it. I mellow out with a good beer. With several good beers I get really happy. I'm your friendly drunk, not the *** drunk.

it has different effects on different people, however alcoholism is a severe problem in society.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-05 11:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Alcohol kicks ***.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 11:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Alcohol kicks ***.

yeah it's nice to escape problems now and again isn't it?
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-05 11:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

it has different effects on different people, however alcoholism is a severe problem in society.
And water borne pathogens were an even bigger problem before sanitary drinking water was a common feature. Without alcohol there probably wouldn't have been tobacco or sugar plantations; no one would have been able to survive working them.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 11:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

And water borne pathogens were an even bigger problem before sanitary drinking water was a common feature. Without alcohol there probably wouldn't have been tobacco or sugar plantations; no one would have been able to survive working them.

it's plausible, but not a definite, I'm not saying that it didn't do what it was used for, I'm saying that if it didn't exist it's possible they would have figured something else out instead, not a definite (and probably unlikely, as for the majority of our existence we had very limited knowledge as to sicknesses as compared to now) but like I said a short term solution < long term solution, do you get that?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-05 11:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
sorry, I should have put an opinion label on that line, (thought: that's a tag they should add [opinion]oh noes[/opinion] )
An added Poll option would be great too.
there needs to be a tag like this:
{uninformed overly biased opinion}anything jet says[/uninformed overly biased opinion]

i lol'd about the beer thing.
he sure does like to keep opinions even though he had been provided with evidence that makes his opinions look *** stupid.

i guess once you make a stupid and stubborn opinion out in the open you can't back down, that's at least how the religious do it.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 11:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
{uninformed overly biased opinion}anything jet says[/uninformed overly biased opinion]

as expected from captain troll.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-05 11:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Vinvv how dare you make a non-troll post :O
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-05 11:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering that the short term solution made the settlement of plantations in the new world possible roughly 400 years sooner, and that the long term solution: Pasteurization, wasn't created by an Atheist, I'm not sure where you're going with this.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-05 11:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Luz said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

any post that i make that happens to disagree with him is a troll.
not that i don't make "some" posts dedicated to trolling.
this was more a patrolling post rather than a trolling post.

Considering that the short term solution made the settlement of plantations in the new world possible roughly 400 years sooner, and that the long term solution: Pasteurization, wasn't created by an Atheist, I'm not sure where you're going with this.
pasteurization is an ignorant and bigoted idea...lolol
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

my disagreement with beer has nothing to do with religion, but as I've said before, it's the line of thinking that allows religion to exist that is the problem, and that line of thinking really doesn't apply to people who use the scientific method, anyone claiming a religion while using the scientific method isn't religious, they two don't mix.

you can't sit there and prove that another method wouldn't have arisen sooner if a short term solution wasn't already present (nor can I truly prove that it would) but that isn't the point.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-05 12:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Luz said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

any post that i make that happens to disagree with him is a troll.
not that i don't make "some" posts dedicated to trolling.
this was more a patrolling post rather than a trolling post.

pasteurization is an ignorant and bigoted idea...lolol
I'd rather be a troll than ignorant =/ consider yourself lucky.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-05 12:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I'd rather be a troll than ignorant =/ consider yourself lucky.
I've been like this for years is the weird thing.
They sure didn't call me a troll when I was pranking people and *** with people in the 6th grade, it's kind of weird that they have a word for it now.
First they went with punked to describe what happened to the victim and then they go with troll do describe the one doing the punking.
they need to go back to focusing on the punking.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-05 12:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what gets me is when religious folk claim how atheism is shoved in their face. Really, and religion isn't?

There's politicians who still claim that there should be no separation bewteen church and state!

Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-05 12:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

my disagreement with beer has nothing to do with religion, but as I've said before, it's the line of thinking that allows religion to exist that is the problem, and that line of thinking really doesn't apply to people who use the scientific method, anyone claiming a religion while using the scientific method isn't religious, they two don't mix.

you can't sit there and prove that another method wouldn't have arisen sooner if a short term solution wasn't already present (nor can I truly prove that it would) but that isn't the point.
You sure do love your science.. I'm all for finding proof of everything we can.. But guess what.. Science fails when it comes to religion. In your case the two don't even belong in the same post. Science can't prove nor disprove the existence of a God.. Practically every post you make is blabbering on about how anyone has faith is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, ignorant, idiotic son of a ***, but you keep throwing around the word 'science' while doing it.. As if science has anything to do with any of the nonsense you spew.

As for another short term solution, the only feasible solution is to use the same chemicals and processes we do today.. You're talking about a period of time BEFORE the elements were mapped out, for *** sake, back then people still thought everything in the world was made of fire, water, air and earth. That wouldn't even begin to change for another few hundred years
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-05 12:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
anyone claiming a religion while using the scientific method isn't religious, they two don't mix
Opinion.

Gregor Mendel would like to have a word with you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
You know what gets me is when religious folk claim how atheism is shoved in their face. Really, and religion isn't?

There's politicians who still claim that there should be no separation bewteen church and state!

how is a lack of a belief shoved in one's face? Atheism isn't a set of beliefs...

but on your point, yeah those idiots scare me to no end.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

You sure do love your science.. I'm all for finding proof of everything we can.. But guess what.. Science fails when it comes to religion. In your case the two don't even belong in the same post. Science can't prove nor disprove the existence of a God.. Practically every post you make is blabbering on about how anyone has faith is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, ignorant, idiotic son of a ***, but you keep throwing around the word 'science' while doing it.. As if science has anything to do with any of the nonsense you spew.

I find it amusing how you grasp the concept, however you fail to put 2 and 2 together.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
anyone claiming a religion while using the scientific method isn't religious, they two don't mix
Opinion.

Gregor Mendel would like to have a word with you.

science and religion don't mix, blind faith goes against everything science is founded on.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-05 12:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

how is a lack of a belief shoved in one's face? Atheism isn't a set of beliefs...

Our 'favorite' one is one of those people.

Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-05 12:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

I find it amusing how you grasp the concept, however you fail to put 2 and 2 together.
Please, show me the error of my ways oh mighty Jeta! What am I missing?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

the guy who called the constitution just a god damned piece of paper? the guy who nearly drove our nation to to a collapse? that guy?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 12:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Please, show me the error of my ways oh mighty Jet! What am I missing?

to make a claim that doesn't follow logic or doesn't have proof is ignorant/stupid, religion lacks both of these things. science strictly follows logic, and requires proof for the claims it makes.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-05 12:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

the guy who called the constitution just a god damned piece of paper? the guy who nearly drove our nation to to a collapse? that guy?
lol

But I was referring to a certain person who is a former governor of a certain state.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14