Ignorance Taken To The Next Level.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Ignorance taken to the next level.
Ignorance taken to the next level.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 20:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

burn the place down /mumble
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-04 20:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was 16, I got like a 30min lecture by 2 drug dealers from Newark, NJ on the word "***."

The gist of it was it means an ignorant black man.

They compared it to the use of term "***" of a straight man calling a gay person one versus two straight people using the term.

I feel like that was a very good educational lesson.

Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-12-04 21:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, im terribly bored so i'll jump into this futile and ever so old arguement.

:TAGS IN:

Theres a ciuple things in this thread that have bothered me.

1.) Is that religion is responsible for many bad things in the world. :Someone lists out a bunch of examples: Although i'll stay out of the fray of its religion or human nature that these occur, I find it amazing that our culture today can only focus on everything negative about something and convienantly leave out the positives.

Religion has been a powerful, positive force through out history as well.

http://www.experiment-resources.com/middle-ages-science.html

Take the dark ages. Religion kept science and literature going in Europe after the collapse of the Romann empire. Who preserved much of the history and writings of the Romans, Europe, etc. Often times the bastions of knowledge were hidden and protected by monks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_beer

Various religions were directly and sometimes indirectly responsible for the making and advancing of beer. If you don't think beer has been a wonderful addition to humanity your a filthy communist.

http://www.lovehaiti.com/

Work around the world. Do you still remember Haiti? There are lots of church groups that give much aid to people in need. Though it may be great you texted "HAITI" somewhere to send 10 bucks after their devastation, imagine the people that have sacrificed way more? Though this is probably not the same group, my soon to be uncle-in-law picked up his family and has decided to live there full time for 2 years to help families in that country. Crazy? We thought so. Courageous? I think so, I wouldn't take my family with a 2 year old there. But he and his family are very religious and felt called by God to go help. Sure there may be people there helping that don't believe in God, but a lot of people are there because of their faith and moral system taught to them by their Church. People are motivated and inspired in different ways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Copernicus

I still don't buy religious people don't progress science and hold us back. Sorry, wanted some Polish pride in this post.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1699/was-hitler-a-christian

To accept that Hitler was a Catholic is ignoring a lot of evidence to suggest otherwise. To suggest he was not a Catholic is also ignoring some evidence. Bottom line, not a good example.

There are many other examples one could dig up - but just wanted some quick,examples of good things.

2. Its really stupid to have blind faith.

Sure...however if you actually sat in a church or tried a few and paid attention, you may hear many say God doesn't want you to have blind faith, challenge your faith, question it. My faith has been tested, and I have often questioned my beliefs and existance in God. But to assume these people you are insulting have blind faith shows your deficit in understanding the people you are criticizing.

Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-04 22:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Work around the world. Do you still remember Haiti? There are lots of church groups that give much aid to people in need. Though it may be great you texted "HAITI" somewhere to send 10 bucks after their devastation, imagine the people that have sacrificed way more? Though this is probably not the same group, my soon to be uncle-in-law picked up his family and has decided to live there full time for 2 years to help families in that country. Crazy? We thought so. Courageous? I think so, I wouldn't take my family with a 2 year old there. But he and his family are very religious and felt called by God to go help. Sure there may be people there helping that don't believe in God, but a lot of people are there because of their faith and moral system taught to them by their Church. People are motivated and inspired in different ways.

Yeah, I remember Haiti. I remember that Pat Robertson blamed it on those devil worshiping Haitians

I guess everyone is motivated and inspired in different ways. Religious people are just like any other category of people. There are bad and good alike.

I am disgusted when Jeta labels any religious person as insane or ignorant etc., but I also am disgusted when people take religious people as being morally superior.

Not that I think you were doing that, Harp.

The real message is: blanket statements are seldom useful.
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-12-04 22:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
But isn't that a...? :x
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-04 22:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Why is the hot mod being intelligent?

:P
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-04 23:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Yes that is a blanket statement, but it is useful. They seldom are.
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-12-04 23:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

:3
By Dubont 2010-12-05 00:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, what did I start? lol I didn't want this to turn into a flame war. I pretty much just posted this so that everyone can see the type of religious ignorant that is not tolerated.

To answer some posts...Can you prove God exists? No. Can we prove that he doesn't? No, but logical thinking leads us to believe that he doesn't.

Religion has been the underlying cause for many of history's events.

Idk if anyone said it here, but on the site that was in my video, it was stated that Hitler was an Atheist and that's why Atheism is evil. Hitler wasn't Atheist. He was a Catholic who later rejected his upbringing and pretty much became a protestant Catholic or a Christian. It isn't really clear which, but he was far from Atheist.

Just wanted to clear up some of that...carry on ^^
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-05 00:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Wow, what did I start? lol I didn't want this to turn into a flame war. I pretty much just posted this so that everyone can see the type of religious ignorant that is not tolerated.

To answer some posts...Can you prove God exists? No. Can we prove that he doesn't? No, but logical thinking leads us to believe that he doesn't.

Religion has been the underlying cause for many of history's events.

Idk if anyone said it here, but on the site that was in my video, it was stated that Hitler was an Atheist and that's why Atheism is evil. Hitler wasn't Atheist. He was a Catholic who later rejected his upbringing and pretty much became a protestant Catholic or a Christian. It isn't really clear which, but he was far from Atheist.

Just wanted to clear up some of that...carry on ^^

Don't flatter yourself, you're not the first and won't be the last to start another flaming religion thread. These people are just bored.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-05 00:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I dislike any argument that tries to equate one side with Hitler or Nazi in an attempt to win the argument. It's a logical fallacy, which makes it's use by people claiming to be logical thinkers painful to watch.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 01:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:
As I said, I don't let people like you offend me. My original question at the beginning of this thread was why people, such as yourself, think its ok. But, all I have seen so far are flames against religion. So, instead of trying to make yourself look big by making others look small, answer the question.

You aren't going to win, right or not. It's against the physics of the internet. The fact that there are millions of religious people who live honest lives, without desiring to kill anyone or *** everything up, doesn't mean a thing to most people around here. If there are bad examples - and we both know that religion has started trouble enough in the past - then that is all the proof that is needed.

"There are 11 black rapists in my city; being black is bad." is the same kind of thinking. It's wrong, but you're not gonna change it.

Funny, though, that people so apt to talk about the bigotry of religion can't see their own.

Edit: Also funny is that while Christianity seems to be the common target, you don't hear people ragging on how *** up buddhists are, or how stupid Native American religion is. If that's because you don't see as many crazy people of those faiths, then the people making the hateful statements are pretty unfair and biased themselves. If it's because they don't think a crazy Indian killed some random people because of his flawed understanding of his religion, then the people making the hateful comments are closed-minded. If it's because they don't see it on the news, the people making the statements are naive. So, it's pretty awesome all around.

I bash on all religions equally (unless there exists a religion that isn't based on blind faith (none to my knowledge)), also I have a problem with the acceptance of blind faith (stupidity) regardless of what people do with it, although history has proven that the acceptance of it allows for many atrocities.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 01:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Ok, im terribly bored so i'll jump into this futile and ever so old arguement.

:TAGS IN:

Theres a ciuple things in this thread that have bothered me.

1.) Is that religion is responsible for many bad things in the world. :Someone lists out a bunch of examples: Although i'll stay out of the fray of its religion or human nature that these occur, I find it amazing that our culture today can only focus on everything negative about something and convienantly leave out the positives.

Religion has been a powerful, positive force through out history as well.

http://www.experiment-resources.com/middle-ages-science.html

Take the dark ages. Religion kept science and literature going in Europe after the collapse of the Romann empire. Who preserved much of the history and writings of the Romans, Europe, etc. Often times the bastions of knowledge were hidden and protected by monks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_beer

Various religions were directly and sometimes indirectly responsible for the making and advancing of beer. If you don't think beer has been a wonderful addition to humanity your a filthy communist.

http://www.lovehaiti.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Copernicus

I still don't buy religious people don't progress science and hold us back. Sorry, wanted some Polish pride in this post.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1699/was-hitler-a-christian

To accept that Hitler was a Catholic is ignoring a lot of evidence to suggest otherwise. To suggest he was not a Catholic is also ignoring some evidence. Bottom line, not a good example.

There are many other examples one could dig up - but just wanted some quick,examples of good things.

2. Its really stupid to have blind faith.

Sure...however if you actually sat in a church or tried a few and paid attention, you may hear many say God doesn't want you to have blind faith, challenge your faith, question it. My faith has been tested, and I have often questioned my beliefs and existance in God. But to assume these people you are insulting have blind faith shows your deficit in understanding the people you are criticizing.

the bad parts of religion far outweigh anything good that may or may not have been the result of it's existence.

Hitler was a Catholic, he said so himself, to deny it is stupid.

religion is an exersize in the allowance of stupidity/ignorance, it holds science/humanity back merely by existing

to believe in anything without proof is blind faith, try again.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 01:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:

Yeah, I remember Haiti. I remember that Pat Robertson blamed it on those devil worshiping Haitians

I guess everyone is motivated and inspired in different ways. Religious people are just like any other category of people. There are bad and good alike.

I am disgusted when Jeta labels any religious person as insane or ignorant etc., but I also am disgusted when people take religious people as being morally superior.

Not that I think you were doing that, Harp.

1. get my name right for once

2. religious people are ignorant/stupid, I'm not labeling them as such, they just by definition are.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 01:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
When I was 16, I got like a 30min lecture by 2 drug dealers from Newark, NJ on the word "***."

The gist of it was it means an ignorant black man.

They compared it to the use of term "***" of a straight man calling a gay person one versus two straight people using the term.

I feel like that was a very good educational lesson.

the meaning of words are subjective, if one takes offense because a particular word was used regardless of it's intent they are a *** moron.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-12-05 08:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
the bad parts of religion far outweigh anything good that may or may not have been the result of it's existence. Hitler was a Catholic, he said so himself, to deny it is stupid. religion is an exersize in the allowance of stupidity/ignorance, it holds science/humanity back merely by existing to believe in anything without proof is blind faith, try again.

How can you fairly weigh whether something has had an overall positive or negative impact through all of human history? I'd imagine by your simple logic you'd need a very big balance and many many checkers. I just don't see how this is such an easy answer for you. Anyone would be a fool to make such a judgement so easily.

If you actually read the article I posted, which i'm sure you didn't, theres a case for Hitler being Catholic and him being not. Hitler was a politician...and we all know politicians like to say whats most convienant at the time. There is a debate about this, an actual historic debate, and for you to ignore this and say yeah, i'm joe-blow, and I read a few articles on Hitler and maybe watched some history channel stuff, and read some internet forums, I know all about this and am an expert, and your clearly wrong is more evidence of who is actually the moron in this thread.

Again with just 10 minutes of research I was able to find many people that we're either priests/monks or had religious beliefs and made huge breakthroughs in science. Theres plenty of Catholic Universities out there that are quite prestigious. So again your making comments without much proof behind it.

Not being able to prove God doesn't exist isn't proof he doesn't exist. If science had the same logic as you we'd be behind a few hundred years. But its not blind faith at all, we all try to find God in our own way. We question his existance and strive in our lives to find him in our very own way. We might not see some groovy guy in a white beard, but we may find him or his mark/influence somewhere else. Blind faith is ok, God is real, thats what I was taught when I was 4 and i'm believing it until the day I die. This is never the case for anyone. I can't think of anyone who hasn't had a, "well if God did exist all this bad stuff wouldn't be happening to me" situations and really really looked deep inside them and analyzed their faith. I'd really challenge you to actually really go out and find some religious people and talk to them about their beliefs, be respectful, and really listen. I'm not asking you to convert to religion or change your beliefs. But since you are so staunchly posting about your opinion on teh interwebz i'd really like you to have some more concrete support and answers. Right now you sound like a buffoon. What your saying with your little support sounds to me something like "Obama is a communist and hates this country and wasn't born here." Why? He just is.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-05 08:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You're wasting your time arguing with Jeta =/ he's as bad, if not worse than a fundamentalist Christian. He counters arguments of fact, with those crafted of opinion and speculation. He ignores simple logic, and when he can't pull some ridiculous babble out of that head of his to counter what you just laid before him, he resorts to name calling, often calling you ignorant, idiot, stupid, pussy, etc. and generally evades the question all together by saying something along the lines of "that answer is common sense".

As far as he's concerned, his opinion is fact.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 09:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
the bad parts of religion far outweigh anything good that may or may not have been the result of it's existence. Hitler was a Catholic, he said so himself, to deny it is stupid. religion is an exersize in the allowance of stupidity/ignorance, it holds science/humanity back merely by existing to believe in anything without proof is blind faith, try again.

How can you fairly weigh whether something has had an overall positive or negative impact through all of human history? I'd imagine by your simple logic you'd need a very big balance and many many checkers. I just don't see how this is such an easy answer for you. Anyone would be a fool to make such a judgement so easily.

If you actually read the article I posted, which i'm sure you didn't, theres a case for Hitler being Catholic and him being not. Hitler was a politician...and we all know politicians like to say whats most convienant at the time. There is a debate about this, an actual historic debate, and for you to ignore this and say yeah, i'm joe-blow, and I read a few articles on Hitler and maybe watched some history channel stuff, and read some internet forums, I know all about this and am an expert, and your clearly wrong is more evidence of who is actually the moron in this thread.

Again with just 10 minutes of research I was able to find many people that we're either priests/monks or had religious beliefs and made huge breakthroughs in science. Theres plenty of Catholic Universities out there that are quite prestigious. So again your making comments without much proof behind it.

Not being able to prove God doesn't exist isn't proof he doesn't exist. If science had the same logic as you we'd be behind a few hundred years. But its not blind faith at all, we all try to find God in our own way. We question his existance and strive in our lives to find him in our very own way. We might not see some groovy guy in a white beard, but we may find him or his mark/influence somewhere else. Blind faith is ok, God is real, thats what I was taught when I was 4 and i'm believing it until the day I die. This is never the case for anyone. I can't think of anyone who hasn't had a, "well if God did exist all this bad stuff wouldn't be happening to me" situations and really really looked deep inside them and analyzed their faith. I'd really challenge you to actually really go out and find some religious people and talk to them about their beliefs, be respectful, and really listen. I'm not asking you to convert to religion or change your beliefs. But since you are so staunchly posting about your opinion on teh interwebz i'd really like you to have some more concrete support and answers. Right now you sound like a buffoon. What your saying with your little support sounds to me something like "Obama is a communist and hates this country and wasn't born here." Why? He just is.

the countless number of people that have died in the name of religion would like some words with you, Hitler himself proclaimed he was a Catholic, and it's even in his book. I'm not going to sit here and argue over a man's self claimed beliefs and one would be stupid for doing so. There are plenty of examples of religious education going just as bad if not worse (Liberty University for example) and even if somebody is/isn't religious science is science and quite frankly has nothing to do with their religion.

I've never stated that a god doesn't exist, but blind faith requires you to state on either assertion as there is no proof for either, and science doesn't claim anything as a fact without proof, you have little understanding of either apparently.

Also I know religious people, you are either one of two things when you are religious 1. stupid 2. delusional, blind faith is stupid and believing in something without proof is blind faith, no matter which way you slice it.

basically put you have no idea what the *** you're talking about and didn't even *** read (or maybe just plain out didn't comprehend) anything I've said, I pity you.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 09:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
You're wasting your time arguing with Jeta =/ he's as bad, if not worse than a fundamentalist Christian. He counters arguments of fact, with those crafted of opinion and speculation. He ignores simple logic, and when he can't pull some ridiculous babble out of that head of his to counter what you just laid before him, he resorts to name calling, often calling you ignorant, idiot, stupid, pussy, etc. and generally evades the question all together by saying something along the lines of "that answer is common sense".

I'm sorry the lot of you don't comprehend common sense and I don't feel the need to break down every little detail of logical/deductive reasoning for you and that you are too ignorant to see it for yourselves.

As far as I'm concerned logic > your opinions.

quite frankly your second sentence there is quite the opposite, nice try though.

also if you feel I am "calling you names" when I'm pointing out the obvious, then you need to *** get over it.

I don't expect any religious person to understand logic, it's beyond you people. I just hope a few logical persons who read what I write and maybe some of it will get through their thick heads.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-05 09:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

I'm sorry the lot of you don't comprehend common sense and I don't feel the need to break down every little detail of logical/deductive reasoning for you and that you are too ignorant to see it for yourselves.

quite frankly your second sentence there is quite the opposite, nice try though.

also if you feel I am "calling you names" when I'm pointing out the obvious, then you need to *** get over it.
Thank you for proving my point.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 09:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

your point isn't valid, I can't help that you're lacking the capacity to see that.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-05 09:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

your point isn't valid, I can't help that you're lacking the capacity to see that.
So calling someone a pussy, who you've never met to even see if they are or not, isn't an insult/calling names? Your over zealous use of the word ignorant, whom you pretty much label anyone who doesn't agree with you as, isn't an insult/name calling? Calling people retards because they have a different belief system than you do, isn't insulting/name calling?

Okay then..

PS. Your logic is flawed, I've already illustrated how by your own definition of what constitutes the ability to believe and holding understanding, can easily mean there is a God..
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-12-05 09:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu[/quote said:
the countless number of people that have died in the name of religion would like some words with you, Hitler himself proclaimed he was a Catholic, and it's even in his book. I'm not going to sit here and argue over a man's self claimed beliefs and one would be stupid for doing so. There are plenty of examples of religious education going just as bad if not worse (Liberty University for example) and even if somebody is/isn't religious science is science and quite frankly has nothing to do with their religion. to believe a god exists requires blind faith, you have no proof for it, and science doesn't claim anything as a fact without proof, you have little understanding of either apparently. Also I know religious people, you are either one of two things when you are religious 1. stupid 2. delusional, blind faith is stupid and believing in something without proof is blind faith, no matter which way you slice it. basically put you have no idea what the *** you're talking about and didn't even *** read (or maybe just plain out didn't comprehend) anything I've said, I pity you.

Here is where the arguement of religion killing people gets sticky. You can't quantify people that were saved by religion. We don't have those stats, its much easier to count bodies. How much of civilization was saved during the dark ages because of monestaries? To add a goofy example, beer, a possible invention out of religion, how many lives did that save when there may have been no sanitary water to drink? Its not a simple answer.

So, I offer you some evidence to support Hitler was not religious and you ignore it because it disagrees with your ideas and point of view? Really take a read, it supports both points of view. Or you could continue just reading literature that supports your point of view because it makes you feel better about yourself.

So..if a scientist is religious...and it doesn't matter...i'm not sure how religion is completely holding back mankind? There may be a few instances where our beliefs may restrict research, say stem cell research, but as a whole I don't see it. I don't know if you are a student or what your background is, but I can tell you I feel these days, that what holds science back is greed, money, and politics. Science today is all about getting grant money. To get grant money you need to find someone who will pay you. No one is going to pay you if your research won't make them money, or support some political agenda they are pushing. In fact that's probably been the case for a long time and nothing new.

You say you know religious people but judging from your lack of wanting to challenges your beliefs and knowledge I highly doubt you've had any serious conversations with them.

And I read all your insults, they we're about 3 lines long with little thought put into them. You flat out admitted you didn't read any of my supports. Save your pity for yourself not me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 09:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu[/quote said:
the countless number of people that have died in the name of religion would like some words with you, Hitler himself proclaimed he was a Catholic, and it's even in his book. I'm not going to sit here and argue over a man's self claimed beliefs and one would be stupid for doing so. There are plenty of examples of religious education going just as bad if not worse (Liberty University for example) and even if somebody is/isn't religious science is science and quite frankly has nothing to do with their religion. to believe a god exists requires blind faith, you have no proof for it, and science doesn't claim anything as a fact without proof, you have little understanding of either apparently. Also I know religious people, you are either one of two things when you are religious 1. stupid 2. delusional, blind faith is stupid and believing in something without proof is blind faith, no matter which way you slice it. basically put you have no idea what the *** you're talking about and didn't even *** read (or maybe just plain out didn't comprehend) anything I've said, I pity you.

Here is where the arguement of religion killing people gets sticky. You can't quantify people that were saved by religion. We don't have those stats, its much easier to count bodies. How much of civilization was saved during the dark ages because of monestaries? To add a goofy example, beer, a possible invention out of religion, how many lives did that save when there may have been no sanitary water to drink? Its not a simple answer.

So, I offer you some evidence to support Hitler was not religious and you ignore it because it disagrees with your ideas and point of view? Really take a read, it supports both points of view. Or you could continue just reading literature that supports your point of view because it makes you feel better about yourself.

So..if a scientist is religious...and it doesn't matter...i'm not sure how religion is completely holding back mankind? There may be a few instances where our beliefs may restrict research, say stem cell research, but as a whole I don't see it. I don't know if you are a student or what your background is, but I can tell you I feel these days, that what holds science back is greed, money, and politics. Science today is all about getting grant money. To get grant money you need to find someone who will pay you. No one is going to pay you if your research won't make them money, or support some political agenda they are pushing. In fact that's probably been the case for a long time and nothing new.

You say you know religious people but judging from your lack of wanting to challenges your beliefs and knowledge I highly doubt you've had any serious conversations with them.

And I read all your insults, they we're about 3 lines long with little thought put into them. You flat out admitted you didn't read any of my supports. Save your pity for yourself not me.

you can't hide from the atrocities of it's past by saying it wasn't all bad, just not how it works, quite frankly regardless of sanitary water or not beer is *** disgusting and shouldn't exist. There are plenty of scientific studies that don't involve politics, unfortunately that's not always the case.

Hitler claimed himself as a catholic, he claimed he was killing in the name of god, whether or not he truly was a firm holder in his beliefs (from what I've read and I've done research on this a few times) there's more evidence to support that he really was a bat ***crazy religious *** than there is otherwise, but like I said I'm not going to argue with a person over the level of their religious affection.

Religion and the failed logic that leads to it is holding back mankind as a whole, not just do to silly things like denouncing everything that goes against their holy book (varies per religion) but to stop seeking for answers because you need to have one now, no matter if there's proof behind it truly holds back mankind.

As to my conversations with the religious, I went to bible camp for over a decade, on top of the regular church going and quite frankly I've had my fill of religious people, now as to my "beliefs" and "knowledge" you have brought nothing to the table I haven't already run through my brain, when people bring new arguments or evidence (good luck) I'll be more than happy to give them the attention they deserve, until then if you have a problem with facts and take them as insults then you have a serious mental health problem and need to have that checked out, wait you live in the world of fairy tales and make believe you needing medical attention for your mental health was already obvious.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-05 10:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
frankly regardless of sanitary water or not beer is *** disgusting and shouldn't exist.

Perfect example of how he counters something factual (that beer saved many from death because they were unable to obtain clean drinking water) with his opinion (that it's disgusting and shouldn't of ever existed).
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 10:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
frankly regardless of sanitary water or not beer is *** disgusting and shouldn't exist.

Perfect example of how he counters something factual (that beer saved many from death because they were unable to obtain clean drinking water) with his opinion (that it's disgusting and shouldn't of ever existed).

you live a life with alcoholics and see what happens when people have alcohol problems and you won't give a ***how many supposed lives beer may have saved when people didn't think to boil their water then let it cool before drinking it, again temporary solution < long term solution, then again religion is a temporary and false solution to people's ignorance, you agreeing with the use of beer doesn't surprise me.

(btw that isn't a fact, just so you know)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-05 10:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Quote:

you live a life with alcoholics and see what happens when people have alcohol problems and you won't give a ***how many supposed lives beer may have saved when people didn't think to boil their water then let it cool before drinking it, again temporary solution < long term solution, then again religion is a temporary and false solution to people's ignorance, you agreeing with the use of beer doesn't surprise me.

BTW, yes it is a fact, clean water was almost unheard of back then for any major city, the beer in question, was actually quite different. It was substantially weaker than even the weakest of beers today, it had just enough alcohol content to kill off anything bad in the liquid. Protip, boiling water doesn't solve everything.

Also, my entire family is full of alcoholics, there's only about 2-3 people out of 30+ family members that aren't alcoholics or weren't at some point in my life time. So, yes I have went through that, and no it doesn't change my mind.

You love calling people ignorant, but by the very definition of the word, (lacking knowledge) it is you who is the ignorant one. You constantly spout off with nonsense in subjects you obviously know nothing about.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 11:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Quote:

BTW, yes it is a fact, clean water was almost unheard of back then for any major city, the beer in question, was actually quite different. It was substantially weaker than even the weakest of beers today, it had just enough alcohol content to kill off anything bad in the liquid. Protip, boiling water doesn't solve everything.

Also, my entire family is full of alcoholics, there's only about 2-3 people out of 30+ family members that aren't alcoholics or weren't at some point in my life time. So, yes I have went through that, and no it doesn't change my mind.

You love calling people ignorant, but by the very definition of the word, (lacking knowledge) it is you who is the ignorant one. You constantly spout off with nonsense in subjects you obviously know nothing about.

whatever helps you sleep at night there guy.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14