Game: FFXI
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-12-03 07:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thieves will learn the job trait "Treasure Hunter III" upon attaining level 90

SE website

Quote:
- The effectiveness of the THF job trait "Treasure Hunter" will occasionally increase with each melee attack landed. Further, damage dealt with either the "Sneak Attack" or "Trick Attack" ability will have a greater likelihood of enhancing this trait.
*Effect active only when main job is set to THF.

Thief are being given orders to come DD lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-03 07:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is gonna change every myth you thought about TH for sure, lol.
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-12-03 07:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh this will finally shut mages the *** up about curing thfs since they're 'not real dds'. my *** is quite satisfied.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rienea
Server: Bahamut
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Rienea 2010-12-03 08:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Mages who refuse to cure someone based on what job they're on, are ***.
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-12-03 08:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rienea said:
Mages who refuse to cure someone based on what job they're on, are ***.

indeedly
[+]
 Seraph.Mooshie
Server: Seraph
user: Mooshie
By Seraph.Mooshie 2010-12-03 08:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What I'm pondering is this;

Have they lowered the increase on drop rate TH grants and it gradually builds up or will it start at being as effective as it always has been.

Wondering this as the gradual increase is only effective with THF set as your main. So if TH is useless until it has built a over a little time going farming as /THF is now useless.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-12-03 08:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:
ahh this will finally shut mages the *** up about curing thfs since they're 'not real dds'. my *** is quite satisfied.

You have mages that won't cure you because you're a thf? >_> Normally I cure everyone as long as they aren't HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE XD
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-03 08:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Mooshie said:
What I'm pondering is this;

Have they lowered the increase on drop rate TH grants and it gradually builds up or will it start at being as effective as it always has been.

Wondering this as the gradual increase is only effective with THF set as your main. So if TH is useless until it has built a over a little time going farming as /THF is now useless.
It says will occasionally increase with each attacked landed, same with sa/ta, so I'm assuming the trait itself is staying the same but the attack will raise it like like .1% or something small occasionally.
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-12-03 08:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, it's pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. if you're not a sam, war, or mnk, you don't get cured in most groups. asura ftw.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Vontri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Vontri
By Carbuncle.Vontri 2010-12-03 08:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xellith said:
Quote:
Thieves will learn the job trait "Treasure Hunter III" upon attaining level 90

SE website

Quote:
- The effectiveness of the THF job trait "Treasure Hunter" will occasionally increase with each melee attack landed. Further, damage dealt with either the "Sneak Attack" or "Trick Attack" ability will have a greater likelihood of enhancing this trait.
*Effect active only when main job is set to THF.

Thief are being given orders to come DD lol.

Translation, If you are trying to get drops without a THF now, you aren't getting anything.
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-12-03 08:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

TH is going to stay at the level it is right now but will be increased if someone with TH is doing damage im asuming.

This means that after the patch TH is going to be BETTER for everyone involved. Just thief moreso because they hit fast and get TH3
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-12-03 08:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Somebody say something about RNG yesterday?
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-12-03 08:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rienea said:
Mages who refuse to cure someone based on what job they're on are ***.

+1

I've never heard of this before, but said mage should GTFO of the party if they ever say that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-03 08:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I only cure thfs if I see them taking a beating or their hp goes into the low yellow range.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-03 08:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xellith said:
TH is going to stay at the level it is right now but will be increased if someone with TH is doing damage im asuming.

This means that after the patch TH is going to be BETTER for everyone involved. Just thief moreso because they hit fast and get TH3

I dunno if I'm entirely reading this right, probably not, but the "Increases effectiveness with each hit" is a "THF Main" only trait, so people /THF won't get that bonus.

Also, I agree Its going to be our normal Base trait with bonuses added.

It would make no sense to give THF higher TH Tier then force them to melee just to make it "As effect" as someone who's /THF @ 90. To me this feels like you "apply" your base Treasure Hunter, then Build on it.

So it only helps, not harms.
[+]
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-03 08:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

now all they need to do is up THF's DMG a little.
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-12-03 08:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:
yeah, it's pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. if you're not a sam, war, or mnk, you don't get cured in most groups. asura ftw.

This is sad, but very true. On another note, I look forward to (hopefully!) a spot in an actual DD party as opposed to the short bus PT or BLM party where I get raises instead of cures.

This update is for all the dedicated THFs who actually put effort into the job beyond TH gear.

Titan.Darkestknight said:

Atma of the Razed Ruins alone did a lot to (somewhat) level the playing field for THF. It's too bad that it's a fix only in Abyssea.
 Asura.Dragnorok
user: Dragnorok
By Asura.Dragnorok 2010-12-03 08:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

True, I wish that too but it's SE they wont do the odvious thing.
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-12-03 08:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dragnorok said:

True, I wish that too but it's SE they wont do the odvious thing.

A damage fix would be nice, but it's not hugely important. The good THFs have always been able to push out decent to good damage. THF isn't a forgiving DD job like WAR or SAM. THF is a cruel mistress. Slapping on gimpshit gear like full Aurore, a Blau, and a Thief's Knife isn't going to yield good results.

If anything, this will send the shitty THFs, who relied only on TH gear to get playtime on the job, to the Mog House while the good THFs will get to come out and play. :)
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-03 08:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's make THF's DoT more than MNK and make it be able to tank better than PLD, let's give it Meditate and Sekkinoki too.

You people are morans.
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-12-03 08:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i can understand a thf not getting cured in a pt if they're being told to stop feeding the mob TP and relax for a bit and they continue to hit the mob non stop...
THF is a hate control job not a Full time DD. But a lot of ppl forget this.
to save some MP for the mages i rather see a THF die because they Think be a Top of the line DD instead of playing the hate control management job that they are. :x

Theres a lot of HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE THfs out there :o

But all that's changing now!
But we will still have some old school players *** blocking the THF Spotlight with this update :x
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-12-03 09:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

THF hasn't been about hate control since the pre-75 leveling days. Any tank who needs Trick Attacks to hold hate shouldn't be tanking in the first place. This doesn't stop me from TAWSing them anyways (when fighting mobs that are ok to melee).

The only hate control tool I regularly use is Collaborator/Accomplice on mages. I have used it on DDs, but I do it very very rarely, and only if they're facing imminent death and I'm confident that the mob won't rush the mages.
[+]
 Bismarck.Treasurehider
Server: Bismarck
user: Jessee
By Bismarck.Treasurehider 2010-12-03 09:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
This update is for all the dedicated THFs who actually put effort into the job beyond TH gear.

Quote:
A damage fix would be nice, but it's not hugely important. The good THFs have always been able to push out decent to good damage. THF isn't a forgiving DD job like WAR or SAM. THF is a cruel mistress. Slapping on gimpshit gear like full Aurore, a Blau, and a Thief's Knife isn't going to yield good results.

I strongly agree with this. With my Thief, I can dish out some pretty good numbers with my gear and keep up with most DD. When I read the update notes from SE's website, it seemed pretty clear that some stats are going to begin mattering more (of course they mattered before); accuracy and delay for instance so that your hits land in the first place. Triple attack, double attack and what-not probably will be good too as well as critical hit damage possibly? :/

However, I have one thing I'd like to see from SE to help with not having crap daggers for TH.

Please make the Thief's Knife augmentable.

Allow us to increase it's damage or reduce it's delay or something. Being an owner of a Mandau, I hate off-handing it all the time just for TH. I feel like it holds me back. Am I the only one that feels this way?

If I have to be a THwhore, at least let me *** it up good. :(
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-12-03 09:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Every one of these updates is making me cream in my pants

I totally agree that the thf knife needs an upgrade.

Also in response to everyone saying thf needs a DD increase, I'm tempted to say it does not. With the AF3+2, Magian weapons and atmas, a thf can easily stay on par with the big DD jobs. Thf can also tank extremely well with the proper evasion build.
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-12-03 09:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I read the following somewhere else, but for the life of me, I can't remember where.

Since the Thief's Knife is becoming weaker and weaker with each level cap increase, SE (at the very least) needs to add something like a Raider's Knife. It doesn't need to be a badass dagger. It just needs to be something we won't hate equipping. Most importantly, give it Latent Effect: Treasure Hunter +1. However, SE must explicitly state that the latent effect is active only when Thief's Knife is not equipped.

The last thing THFs want is to equip two mediocre TH daggers...
[+]
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-12-03 09:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

By the sounds of it, this means we're going to need to fulltime TH gears (Thief's Knife, Assassin's Armlets and Raider's Poulaines +2) like all the time? That's the impression I'm getting here... since it says that the effect increases with each hit landed.

And that each trait +1 added would increase it further, question really is, does the effect become negated or lessened when said gear is removed when you think you hit the cap. (Assuming there is a cap.)
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-12-03 09:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
You people are morans.
this.

Also. You don't *** use TK until the mobs about to die?
How about that?

[+]
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-03 09:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Let's make THF's DoT more than MNK and make it be able to tank better than PLD, let's give it Meditate and Sekkinoki too.

You people are morans.

No one even said more than MNK. Jesus, learn to read. A small damage increase is not too much to ask though.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-12-03 09:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume a TH affect seprate from gear would steadily increase, and you could just throw your +1 gear on at the end. Anything else would be pretty stupid. Either way there will be some kind of cap to the effect.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-12-03 09:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I have thf4 and am currently working on my thf AF+1 feet for thf5. I am fully merited, Triple att, assasin's charge, dagger, etc. etc. Any true zerg loves to have a thf. Not for Treasure hunter, but for feint. As a matter-of-fact, feint can determine the success or failure of the zerg in many situations. I pull dyna on thf, and while I don't require alot of healing as my eva saves me most of the time, I sympathize with the earlier post about thf's not being cured. But as far as being a true DD? Geared and merited, a thf makes an excellent DD. Especially when they're not tanking.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5