Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » Witch Sash
Witch Sash
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-17 07:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! Witch Sash question for everyone!

It's a nice piece, eh? But what boggles me is that Wikipedia lists it as an item you can only obtain when the San d'Oria of the past have control over La Vaule [S] and the surrounding areas. I'm looking into farming some of these with a few friends since it's much cheaper and easier than buying them.

Problem is, on Garuda San d'Oria have had control of La Vaule [S] just the once since Wings of the Goddess release and it was before they added Witch Sash in. Wikipedia lists the campaign OPs that drop this item as one you can only perform when San d'Oria have control of La Vaule [S], yet there's a steady supply of this item on every server, including Garuda, who have never had control of La Vaule [S] to farm these items.

Does anybody know for sure if San d'Oria must have La Vaule [S], or is Wikipedia wrong? I normally trust what Wikipedia says since it's publically moderated but this just doesn't make sense to me. If San d'Oria have to have control of La Vaule [S], how is there a steady supply of this item? I'd guess that the majority of servers very rarely have control over La Vaule [S] and that it's not just Garuda.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-02-17 07:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of the witch sash / Cuchulain's Mantle and other campaign ops items are crossing servers. People(or RMT) buy a load of them on servers where it's easier to get them and change server to sell them at a good price where it's hard to get them. There's also the possibility to spam the BCNM when the correct city have control of every area's and to wait for most of them to be sold (because people mostly put them at AH right away) before selling yours at a higher price. I am pretty sure wiki is correct.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-02-17 08:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Wooooodum, wiki sais "San d'Oria must control all 7 areas in it's front. Including La Vaule (S) " As far as I know this is correct, The only time people have been doing this BCNM is when sandy controls all 7 areas, or else you cannot pick up the campaign op to do the fight.

Not entirely sure on the best way to set out and convert areas, i've heard doing lots of campaign ops works, but i'd have to read into it more. Sandy has had all 7 areas only once so far as I remember maybe a few more times, doesn't happen often.