users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Black mage's Nuking casting speed
Black mage's Nuking casting speed
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-12-01 17:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Before the only fast cast be got was with the /rdm sub (15%) and various gear. (or /sch with the job skill for 50% fast cast for a nuke)

Then we were given the af3 hat (6%~12%) which gave us a max casting speed of 27% Plus gear.

Now we are gonna get this: Elemental Celerity - Quickens elemental magic spellcasting.
and that is gonna be given at level 50 so by level 90 it should have a few bounses to the trait.

With Celerity I'm thinking were gonna reach 35%~40% fast cast. That and our new JA will do wonders for our dps. What are other people's thoughts about this?
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-01 17:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You can finally cast AM in less than a month.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-12-01 17:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Pretty much.
 Asura.Raignes
Server: Asura
user: Raignes
By Asura.Raignes 2010-12-01 17:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Now if only we could do things to improve our MP efficiency. I think /SCH is gonna help a shitload, but will 10% be enough, or are we gonna have to spam Parsimony in order to keep up to SCHs efficiency?

I think Ele Celerity will help a lot with our overall DPS, along with Enmity Douse, but I really don't wanna give up my Gravity for soloing e_e.

/SCH will probably be the new standard for BLMs inside Abyssea, but I highly doubt that anything will replace /RDM for Refresh, Vert and Gravity outside of Abyssea.
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-12-01 17:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Raignes said:
Now if only we could do things to improve our MP efficiency. I think /SCH is gonna help a shitload, but will 10% be enough, or are we gonna have to spam Parsimony in order to keep up to SCHs efficiency?

I think Ele Celerity will help a lot with our overall DPS, along with Enmity Douse, but I really don't wanna give up my Gravity for soloing e_e.

/SCH will probably be the new standard for BLMs inside Abyssea, but I highly doubt that anything will replace /RDM for Refresh, Vert and Gravity outside of Abyssea.
I wouldn't necessarily say that /SCH will be the new standard, instead, be a viable new option. I still think Refresh, Convert, and Gravity will still prove much more efficient. With Atmas, you shouldn't be needing Parsimony that often, if at all.

I can see Alacrity being useful in triggering weaknesses, though.
[+]
 Unicorn.Helenaagogo
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Helenaagogo 2010-12-01 17:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

drop them load's
 Asura.Raignes
user: Raignes
By Asura.Raignes 2010-12-01 17:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that /SCH ends up giving more INT, too. Dunno the effect of INT on Tier Vs as compared to our older spells, but it can't hurt. And come 99, we'll be able to give ourselves Hailstorm to pair with our obis and relic pants. Useful, I think. I'm kinda excited, new avenues for more BLM pwnage.
 Unicorn.Helenaagogo
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Helenaagogo 2010-12-01 17:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i miss my account ;-;
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-01 18:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Should make BLM the best nuker over time again (currently RDM), which is balanced.
[+]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-12-01 21:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
lol
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-01 22:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Before the only fast cast be got was with the /rdm sub (15%) and various gear. (or /sch with the job skill for 50% fast cast for a nuke)

Then we were given the af3 hat (6%~12%) which gave us a max casting speed of 27% Plus gear.

Now we are gonna get this: Elemental Celerity - Quickens elemental magic spellcasting.
and that is gonna be given at level 50 so by level 90 it should have a few bounses to the trait.

With Celerity I'm thinking were gonna reach 35%~40% fast cast. That and our new JA will do wonders for our dps. What are other people's thoughts about this?

Well, casting time. Not really Fast Cast as Fast Cast is both casting and recast.

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Now if only it was worth casting.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-01 22:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll have to wait and see if it also increases recast, considering fast cast description is "quickens spellcasting" and this is "quickens elemental magic spellcasting", there's a fair chance that it's fast cast for elemental onry, and will also reduce recast.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-12-01 23:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Should make BLM the best nuker over time again (currently RDM), which is balanced.

I disagree
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-12-03 21:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Before the only fast cast be got was with the /rdm sub (15%) and various gear. (or /sch with the job skill for 50% fast cast for a nuke) Then we were given the af3 hat (6%~12%) which gave us a max casting speed of 27% Plus gear. Now we are gonna get this: Elemental Celerity - Quickens elemental magic spellcasting. and that is gonna be given at level 50 so by level 90 it should have a few bounses to the trait. With Celerity I'm thinking were gonna reach 35%~40% fast cast. That and our new JA will do wonders for our dps. What are other people's thoughts about this?
Well, casting time. Not really Fast Cast as Fast Cast is both casting and recast.
Ramuh.Laffter said:
what about procing yellow?
[+]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-12-06 21:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well as I guessed elemental casting speed has become insane. My tier V's are casting around the 45%~50% mark on the "casting time" bar. Tier III's casting around 35%~40%. (keep in mind im using af3 +2 hat your mileage my vary)

Once im done leveling and finshed hanging out with my linkshell. I'll try to find out how much this trait effects our casting speed.
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-12-07 18:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

With the +2 staves, take Indra+2 for example, it gives -12% casting on Thunder based spells as well.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-09 04:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Before the only fast cast be got was with the /rdm sub (15%) and various gear. (or /sch with the job skill for 50% fast cast for a nuke) Then we were given the af3 hat (6%~12%) which gave us a max casting speed of 27% Plus gear. Now we are gonna get this: Elemental Celerity - Quickens elemental magic spellcasting. and that is gonna be given at level 50 so by level 90 it should have a few bounses to the trait. With Celerity I'm thinking were gonna reach 35%~40% fast cast. That and our new JA will do wonders for our dps. What are other people's thoughts about this?
Ramuh.Laffter said:
what about procing yellow?

That's it's only use, that is shameful. Those spells should be lethal.