Post Your Pics Thread?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Post your pics thread?
Post your pics thread?
First Page 2 3 ... 237 238 239 ... 453 454 455
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-05-03 13:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo isn't ugly?! WHAT IS THIS.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-03 13:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i couldn't put on weight at all until I turned 19 I put on some lbs to fill out a little bit from working out and eating a ridiculous amount of calories every day.

when I hit 22 and quit smoking my metabolism completely changed, combine that with desk jobs the gut was soon to follow
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-03 13:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I've been eating nothing but crap that has protein, peanut butter, turkey, chicken, steak, all kinds of meats. A lot of fruit, whey protein, nuts, etc. I been working out using p90x but I dunno I can't seem to gain any weight. Is taking creatine or w/e worth it?

p90x is silly

at the weight you are, i don't think you have to worry about eating super healthy bodybuilder foods, it's more an issue of quantity

may i suggest wendys triple classics (though i can't eat them anymore after learning about ammonia treated beef and i'm now chic-fil-a's biggest customer)

as long as you eating 4-6 times a day and are pulling in 4k+ calories, you're not on a level where you need to try for a ronnie coleman diet(neither am i, i live on fast food).

sure, creatine works(i don't use it personally, i'm poor), but i'd put eating a lot of food and hitting the gym with a solid split before i started worrying about stuff like supplements, the basics make 10x the difference that supplements do

edit: just saw you don't have access to a gym :(

i... guess p90x might be better than nothing then?

trying to bulk up significantly without access to a gym would be really, really hard :(
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-03 13:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

you need to worry about brown rice and chicken diet when you are super bulking and already have some mass behind you.. you also would need to eat 6+ times a day and workout 3+x if you were at that stage.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-03 13:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

for god's sake don't work out 3x a day, whatever you do :(
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-03 13:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is P90x really that bad? A lot of the workouts in it are ones I've seen over the internet when I did some research and trying to get my body in better shape.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-03 13:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah I only work out once a day 1hr >_> lol. I mean I've seen some results as far as abs but generally just skinny. I do eat brown rice lol, I switched everything to healthy stuff.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-03 13:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

ok 2x and I'm only talking if you wanted Jay Cutler status (if we're talking about a chicken breast + brown rice only diet)
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-03 13:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Is P90x really that bad? A lot of the workouts in it are ones I've seen over the internet when I did some research and trying to get my body in better shape.

i think it's a mediocre routine with an excellent marketing team

that said, like i amended my post above, it's better than nothing if you don't have a gym

i can't imagine trying to put on muscle without free weights, i think it would be well-nigh impossible :(
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-05-03 13:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-03 13:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

that said, like i amended my post above, it's better than nothing if you don't have a gym

i can't imagine trying to put on muscle without free weights, i think it would be well-nigh impossible :(

That was my thought as well when I asked if resistance bands were good enough and I was told they were :/. I've checked around but they go for like 600+ bucks so I dunno what to get.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-03 13:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

ok 2x and I'm only talking if you wanted Jay Cutler status

well, let me amend that

if you take steroids, all the rules change

steroids suppress cortisol, the hormone that makes extended workouts counterproductive for drug free lifters

when you juice, there's almost no limit to the amount you can work out

if you're not juicing though, you want to aim for 1 46 minute workout per day

and not let it exceed 1 hr 15 mins, because at that point cortisol will literally be breaking down muscle tissue to fuel your lifting
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-03 13:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

That was my thought as well when I asked if resistance bands were good enough and I was told they were :/. I've checked around but they go for like 600+ bucks so I dunno what to get.

was the person who told you that they were good enough trying to sell them to you
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-05-03 13:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Plateau easily/quickly, but at the gym, when you reach that point, just increase the weight
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-03 13:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

i wish i could help you but idk what to tell you ><

i imagine there may be some semi-effective bodyweight routines but i'm no expert in that area

all my experience revolves around the gym :(
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-03 13:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh guess I'll keep looking into some free weights. What would be sufficient? I have two 5 pound dumbells but yeah... I'm sure that doesn't go far (although some exercises use small weight yeah?) How much should I get, 10 15 20 etc?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-05-03 13:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Good if no gym

Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-03 13:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Eh guess I'll keep looking into some free weights. What would be sufficient? I have two 5 pound dumbells but yeah... I'm sure that doesn't go far (although some exercises use small weight yeah?) How much should I get, 10 15 20 etc?

that could get expensive fast

you'd want to get a weight that you can almost get 8 reps with but not quite laying down and doing a dumbell press (i'd guess 45ish)

but then you'd need weights approx half that weight for curls

and the problem becomes

you'd experience a "honeymoon period" when first starting, and your max weight would probably near double, which is nice from a lifting standpoint, but would be hell from a dumbell buying standpoint

if i could only have one weight of dumbells i'd probably go with 45s or 50s
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-03 13:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Good if no gym

when it comes to gymless working out, i'll be the first to admit this guy is a lot better to listen to than i am

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-03 13:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've also tried to think of household things, I remember seeing videos of Jail workouts and household ones where you just use body or regular items. I dunno anything heavy enough to replace a dumbell/weight tho.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-03 13:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I've also tried to think of household things, I remember seeing videos of Jail workouts and household ones where you just use body or regular items. I dunno anything heavy enough to replace a dumbell/weight tho.

gallon jugs filled with sand

partner pushing against/sitting on your back while you do push ups

headstand push ups

wheelbarrows

attaching your resistance bands to your light dumbells and then to the floor

not my specialty though
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-03 13:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Me:

Side note: My ears aren't that big lol.

Wife:
You and your wife are lovely :) irl not ig :P
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-03 13:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Good ideas, I appreciate all the help :).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-03 13:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the biggest thing was realizing resistance bands don't do much. I know I've seen a lot of people who eat really unhealthy and are a lot bulkier than me and it always made me wonder wtf. I guess you can pretty much eat anything as long as you work out well? All these programs telling me I need x food and x etc. I just need to get some weights and try to research some more work outs besides P90x( thanks for the youtube vid). I'm not looking to become Arnold or anything, just decent lol.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-03 13:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

you might also think about those dumbells with screw ons that take plates like barbells

that way, when you move up in weight, you'd only have to buy new plates, instead of entirely new dumbells
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-03 13:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I think the biggest thing was realizing resistance bands don't do much. I know I've seen a lot of people who eat really unhealthy and are a lot bulkier than me and it always made me wonder wtf. I guess you can pretty much eat anything as long as you work out well? All these programs telling me I need x food and x etc. I just need to get some weights and try to research some more work outs besides P90x( thanks for the youtube vid). I'm not looking to become Arnold or anything, just decent lol.

standing muscle takes a lot of calories to maintain

the more muscle you have, the more calories your body burns just to exist

this means people with a lot of muscle mass can eat a significant amount of calories without getting fat

it also means they have to eat more to maintain your weight

if you really start getting up there weightwise, it gets difficult just to keep your weight, and each new pound you put on is harder than the last
First Page 2 3 ... 237 238 239 ... 453 454 455