Post Your Pics Thread?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Post your pics thread?
Post your pics thread?
First Page 2 3 ... 227 228 229 ... 453 454 455
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-03 01:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

my sisters friends husband is a marine and they have terrible healthcare, she had a horrible pregnancy because the doctors were idiots
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2011-04-03 01:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Naw they didn't really numb me that well. I actually felt most of what they were doing. Mostly they ended up numbing my tongue and lower lip... which made me look like Bubba from forest gump. Except blood kinda just collected in it. They really numbed my tongue good though lol

Those 'chipmunk cheeks' are terrible! All they did was numb your tongue? Ugh! I thought they would have better oral surgeons for the military. My dad had great insurance! I wish I could still be on their policy. I pay out the *** for mine now!
It depends from base to base. And who the person is as well. The dentists when I was at Florida were meh. The dentists here at this Arizona base are amazing.
By zahrah 2011-04-03 01:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
my sisters friends husband is a marine and they have terrible healthcare, she had a horrible pregnancy because the doctors were idiots

Maybe it got worse over the years? Even when I was still on my parents' policy I was always able to get great healthcare. Or is there a different policy for active duty, national guard and retired?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-03 01:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Could be worse. A guy who I worked with.. well his wife went in for some kind of surgery and mid way thru they found she had an appendix. Which normally isn't a bad thing. Except she had had surgery the year before to remove it...
By zahrah 2011-04-03 01:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Could be worse. A guy who I worked with.. well his wife went in for some kind of surgery and mid way thru they found she had an appendix. Which normally isn't a bad thing. Except she had had surgery the year before to remove it...

Did they at least get their money back from the first surgery? I hope they did! Take that doctor to court!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-03 01:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda makes you wonder WTF they took out that they thought was the appendix <_<
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-03 01:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Did they at least get their money back from the first surgery? I hope they did! Take that doctor to court!
It was free since it was in the navy. You do get what you pay for ^^

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Kinda makes you wonder WTF they took out that they thought was the appendix <_<
Yeah they kinda just freaked out and stopped right there and closed her up and didn't even do what they went there for.
By zahrah 2011-04-03 02:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Hmmm...No co-pay what-so-ever? Well, now I don't feel to bad about my crazy expensive insurance.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2011-04-03 02:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Hmmm...No co-pay what-so-ever? Well, now I don't feel to bad about my crazy expensive insurance.
Military service really has it's benefits.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-03 02:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Did he ever tell you what it was they removed in the first surgery? There's not really a lot of organs that could be removed that could just go on unnoticed.. However subtle the signs may be.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2011-04-03 02:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Like seeing what your cat looks like in boots! I never had any until I enlisted.

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-03 02:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
It's one of the perks of being in the military. All your health care for you and your dependents is free. This of course is why the military likes family men and/or why they do it. Because something like that among other benefits that pretty much mean your family is taken care of completely is hard to resist.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-03 02:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Did he ever tell you what it was they removed in the first surgery? There's not really a lot of organs that could be removed that could just go on unnoticed.. However subtle the signs may be.
Don't know if they ever looked... and yeah appendix is I think the only that can be removed without being very noticeable to the person. Thyroid is probably the only other thing there is only 1 of you can actualy remove and it's still rather noticeable and will require you to be one drugs for the rest of your life. All the redundant organs aren't really designed to allow you to function fully with only 1 of... idk maybe a kidney I guess.
By zahrah 2011-04-03 02:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zekky said:
Like seeing what your cat looks like in boots! I never had any until I enlisted.

Awww...You're cat looks sweet! Mine is a little ***!

Bahamut.Dasva said:
zahrah said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
It's one of the perks of being in the military. All your health care for you and your dependents is free. This of course is why the military likes family men and/or why they do it. Because something like that among other benefits that pretty much mean your family is taken care of completely is hard to resist.

Yeah...I really liked my dad's insurance (he was in the army), but stories like your friend's makes me cringe. I'd rather have my kids on my insurance if all military can provide now is sub-par healthcare.

EDIT: Crap! I'm officially drunk! Please excuse the mistakes.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-03 02:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I got sent to a shrink twice for migraines because the neurologist didn't feel like running any actual tests. The 3rd time he tried he got chewed the *** out since I had been cleared by mental health both times lol.

Though better than what they did at first. At first they said I couldn't call them migraines till they got diagnosed but refused to try to. And then after that they tried fixing it with anti-histamines
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-03 02:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I like surgery strangely enough.. But now I'm scared to ever get it again.. I'll wind up coming out of it as a woman or missing a kidney or something..
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-03 02:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I like surgery strangely enough.. But now I'm scared to ever get it again.. I'll wind up coming out of it as a woman or missing a kidney or something..
You could do like the guy on my boat did after. Before he went into knee surgery he put no bad and like the dead man face on the good knee. And then put smilies and operate here and such on the bad one in grease pencil lol.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-03 02:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides getting the surgery wrong, there are two things that scare me about surgery, first is being awake, but appearing to be under, the second is them leaving ***behind after closing me up... It happens way more than it should.. Leave tools and sponges and all kinds of ***in you..
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-03 02:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
You could do like the guy on my boat did after. Before he went into knee surgery he put no bad and like the dead man face on the good knee. And then put smilies and operate here and such on the bad one in grease pencil lol.

lol, thats awesome
By zahrah 2011-04-03 02:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus, Dasva?!?! I've never heard crazy stories like these! I've got the chills. What the hell kind of doctors do they provide you? Are they graduates of Back Alley University or what? This just disgusts me! So angry!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-03 02:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey if you got paid the same amount no matter how much you worked or number of patients you saw which is crap but still had to put in hours I doubt you would care too much either lol.

If you are lucky though you will work somewhere without one of their hosipitals nearby so if something happens you will get sent to a different one. Actually one time the only navy neurologist up here was out of town for my appointment so they sent me to fort lewis and omg the hospital over there was awesome and the army doc I saw actually tried to help me... granted the navy took those meds away right away but still
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-03 02:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Hey if you got paid the same amount no matter how much you worked or number of patients you saw which is crap but still had to put in hours I doubt you would care too much either lol.
Under those circumstances, I just work really slow.. Lol.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-03 02:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
And pawn it off to someone else if you can or just say nothing is wrong do minimum required etc.
By zahrah 2011-04-03 02:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

If you are lucky though you will work somewhere without one of their hosipitals nearby so if something happens you will get sent to a different one. Actually one time the only navy neurologist up here was out of town for my appointment so they sent me to fort lewis and omg the hospital over there was awesome and the army doc I saw actually tried to help me... granted the navy took those meds away right away but still

Here's a plan! I'll adopt you, put you under my insurance, dress you up in a kid's sailor suit and take you in to get treatment! LOL! Solutions. This gal has got 'em!
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-03 02:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
And pawn it off to someone else if you can or just say nothing is wrong do minimum required etc.

thats pretty terrible =/

someone could have a deadly airborne virus and a slacker doctor could pass that person, and next thing you know boom, half the military is dead
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2011-04-03 03:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
Jesus, Dasva?!?! I've never heard crazy stories like these! I've got the chills. What the hell kind of doctors do they provide you? Are they graduates of Back Alley University or what? This just disgusts me! So angry!
When you work enough hours/shifts, people make mistakes.

Pre-op, assistants are supposed to make sure the charts are correct, and match the medical history. The surgery team is supposed to make sure that they perform the surgery as specified, and verify that they end up with the same number of tools/items at the end as they do at the beginning of the surgery, minus things that are *supposed* to be left in.

It is pretty rare to never *** up regardless of the field; that is why you usually have other people you work with who check what you are doing. Keep in mind how many medical procedures are performed, and you are hearing about the unsuccessful ones. It sucks to be the person that gets hit by the Bat of Unfortunate Circumstance, but you'll need to look at actual numbers.

And yes, you still have chances when using non-military doctors/hospitals as well.

A doctor isn't any different from a mechanic. Make sure you understand what they are telling you, and make sure they do what they say they are going to do.

Oh, and make double sure to read up on on any medications you are given for interactions.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2011-04-03 04:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

thats pretty terrible =/

someone could have a deadly airborne virus and a slacker doctor could pass that person, and next thing you know boom, half the military is dead

Yes, someone could.

But not only that.....

A flurry of meteorites could also hit military bases around the world, and the next thing you know boom, half the military is dead.

Earthquakes could hit military bases around the world, and the next thing you know <shake shake>, half the military is dead.

Crocodiles could invade military bases around the world, and the next thing you know chomp, half the military is dead.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-03 04:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

thats pretty terrible =/

I wasn't speaking in terms of a doctor or anything, I was talking more about manual labor.. If I'm getting paid a certain amount of money per day, regardless of how hard or fast I work, I tend to just take my damn time.. There are of course exceptions, like working in fast food or a resturuant.. When I worked in fast food I busted my ***, just to make sure they kept my hours up, and that I wasn't getting yelled at because food was backing up. My boss could be a serious ***, and I didn't like pissing him off.

Also when I was 15 or 16 I had a job mowing yards (not pushing a mower around door to door, an actual business, was paid under the table) even my boss would tell me "slow down, there's no rush, there will always be another yard after this one." We got to enough yards a day just going at a leisurely pace that it was still a lucrative business.. So there was no need to rush through everything.
First Page 2 3 ... 227 228 229 ... 453 454 455