Post Your Pics Thread?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Post your pics thread?
Post your pics thread?
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 453 454 455
 Lakshmi.Holman
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-11 12:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Kujata.Erim said:
It's because hunks aren't allowed to be intelligent! Quit breaking rules Jaerik!
Hades.Peitha said:
WOW! cute ^.~
Thanks. =) I modeled for A&F and others through college and still try to take good care of myself, although I'm Old(tm) now. I'll be turning 30 in August, at which point I've decided to just walk straight off a pier and end it all. So, if you guys like this site, you got... five months. *nod* I do run into that problem a lot, though. I have 13 years of experience in the gaming industry, but every interview I go to, the senior programmers are skeptical. While I ace their programming tests and answer all their questions correctly, they can't get past the stereotype and assume I must be BS'ing them. I had a CEO of one studio actually pull me aside a few months after I was hired and say "You know, when we hired you, I was sure you couldn't possibly be very smart, but clearly I was wrong. I'm sorry. Buy you lunch to make up for it?" A lot of gamers / geeks / etc *** and moan about "skinny people" (or whatever pseudo-derogatory term they prefer) judging them negatively for "shallow" reasons, but then turn around and do the same from the other direction. It pisses me off either way.

Way to prove them wrong. ^ J's always been a winner.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-03-11 12:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Peitha said:
What kind of programmer are you?

These days I'm mostly a MMO server / gameplay engine programmer. C/C++ mostly, although with the way the industry is going, I've had to pick up a lot of webbie LAMP stuff.

I'm the guy that codes in the underlying mechanics for things like physics, collision, pathfinding, network stack, combat, magic, crafting, etc. Although I just lay the engine groundwork -- it's usually Content designers who come by later and populate the framework with individual spells, items, stats, etc.
 Ragnarok.Doluka
Server: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-03-11 12:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So you basically lay the foundation of the game down, right?
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-11 12:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:

That one was me getting caught hiding a Hershey bar on a camping trip. Yay for deer-in-the-headlights-I-am-so-guilty looks!
I lol'd so hard at this.

(not in a bad way)

You remind me of someone I know, but I can't figure out who...
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-11 12:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Hades.Peitha said:

These days I'm mostly a MMO server / gameplay engine programmer. C/C mostly, although with the way the industry is going, I've had to pick up a lot of webbie LAMP stuff.

I'm the guy that codes in the underlying mechanics for things like physics, collision, pathfinding, network stack, combat, magic, crafting, etc. Although I just lay the engine groundwork -- it's usually Content designers who come by later and populate the framework with individual spells, items, stats, etc.
As much as I love programming, that sounds like too much work for me.
 Asura.Astroglide
Server: Asura
By Asura.Astroglide 2010-03-11 12:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

heres my rl pic!

(Pic removed by admin.)]

everbody was kung fu fighting!!!!
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-11 12:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a hole in those pants that shows something I'd rather not see :P
 Asura.Astroglide
By Asura.Astroglide 2010-03-11 13:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Titan.Marzbarz said:
Fairy.Kelvinclein said:
oh then im really old..

Can i see some pics of women WITHOUT TONS OF MAKE UP PLEASE??????? ;D
Lol heres mah avi just bigger. Webcam pic so not the best but not much makeup :p

Edit: That "Joker" pic of Boxxy is creepy as all hell :x
fake hair wig, hair is fake!

coulda swore i just saw you on the news lol

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_lesbian_prom_date
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-03-11 13:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:

She reminds me a little bit of Felicia Day from Doctor Horrible.

Ragnarok.Doluka said:
So you basically lay the foundation of the game down, right?

Right. Usually it's Designers who go through and fill in the coders' framework with actual items, spells, classes, etc later.

Programmers like myself program the engine and give them tools to do so, but generally those things are not hard-coded. For instance, programmers do not code Anduril directly into the game. We program in the framework for weapons, combat, items, stats, monster drop rates, loot tables, etc. We just don't populate them.

Some time later, a legion of zone/item designers (the ratio of designers to programmers is sometimes 10:1 at some companies) comes along and, along with a model from an artist, "creates" Anduril by basically populating a spreadsheet of stat values, the item's drop rate, etc. Once the framework is there, it only takes a Designer like... 2-3 minutes, to create say... Excalibur. There is nothing more innately complex or valuable about a relic weapon from the programmers'/designers' perspective, which is why we have a hard time getting worked up over them as players.

Ramuh.Krizz said:

Eh, it's years of work before the game is released, but once it's Live your job is mostly over. (Sometimes they even reassign you to another project immediately.) At that point, additions to the game / expansions / etc are just laid down by Designers over the framework you provided, and you rarely have to step in and program anything new unless they make a major structural change to the game.
 Hades.Peitha
Server: Hades
user: Peitha
By Hades.Peitha 2010-03-11 13:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Hades.Peitha said:

These days I'm mostly a MMO server / gameplay engine programmer. C/C mostly, although with the way the industry is going, I've had to pick up a lot of webbie LAMP stuff.

Sounds like a lot of work but very interesting.
 Lakshmi.Holman
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-11 13:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Astroglide said:
heres my rl pic! (Pic removed by admin.) everbody was kung fu fighting!!!!
wooooo brooo watch that thing there.
 Kujata.Erim
Server: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-03-11 13:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems more efficient to just have some programmers stay on as designers afterwards... who could possibly understand the framework as much as them? It sounds like you guys are the grunts doing the hard work and the designers get the cushy job in the end. Those ***!

Of course I'm just assuming because I know nothing, BUT THAT'S WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE! >:O
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-03-11 13:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Erim said:
Of course I'm just assuming because I know nothing, BUT THAT'S WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE! >:O

It would be, except generally the programmers get paid a boatload more. =) We also get the interesting problems to solve. The designers tend to just sit there putting numbers into Excel for months.

But that also means if you have a problem with say, weapon balance, or an item's drop rate, or a mob's spawn cycle, or class/spell balance, you shouldn't blame the programmers, 'cuz they had nothing to do with it and were probably transferred to another project the moment the game went Live anyway.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-11 13:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

She reminds me a little bit of Felicia Day from Doctor Horrible.

Ramuh.Krizz said:

Eh, it's years of work before the game is released, but once it's Live your job is mostly over. (Sometimes they even reassign you to another project immediately.) At that point, additions to the game / expansions / etc are just laid down by Designers over the framework you provided, and you rarely have to step in and program anything new unless they make a major structural change to the game.
Yeah, I can see the resemblance.

That's pretty interesting. I always wanted to get into the game design field, but I've never put forth the effort. It seems like a rough field to get into.

Though that's pretty much any IT field these days.

Edit: I finally remembered who she reminds me of. Friend from back home that I haven't talked to or seen in a couple years.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-11 13:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Astroglide said:
lies!
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-03-11 13:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Krizz, it's ok that you chuckle at me! That was kind of a funny pic, what with me not expecting it, and a Hershey bar on my lap with mouth full of s'mores. I'll have to try and find a better pic to put up later. I'm sorta flattered about the Felicia Day thing, that girl is gorgeous! You guys are too sweet. Maybe if I temp-dyed my hair red and ditched my glasses, I could be her for Halloween next year. ^^
 Hades.Peitha
By Hades.Peitha 2010-03-11 13:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Asura.Astroglide said:
lies!

can you kindly remove this pic, we do have kids, very young kids that do read the forum.
 Gilgamesh.Vidian
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Vidian
By Gilgamesh.Vidian 2010-03-11 13:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

kinda hurt :(
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-11 13:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
lol Krizz, it's ok that you chuckle at me! That was kind of a funny pic, what with me not expecting it, and a Hershey bar on my lap with mouth full of s'mores. I'll have to try and find a better pic to put up later. I'm sorta flattered about the Felicia Day thing, that girl is gorgeous! You guys are too sweet. Maybe if I temp-dyed my hair red and ditched my glasses, I could be her for Halloween next year. ^^
Naw, nothing wrong with the pic.
 Hades.Peitha
By Hades.Peitha 2010-03-11 14:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Odin.Liela said:

i don't mind the pic, but on another note, as a mother, i wouldn't be happy if my daughter seen that. it can stay up idc, just thinking about the kids that do read the forums, thats all. i guess it just the mother in me that came out.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-11 14:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Peitha said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Odin.Liela said:

i don't mind the pic, but on another note, as a mother, i wouldn't be happy if my daughter seen that. it can stay up idc, just thinking about the kids that do read the forums, thats all. i guess it just the mother in me that came out.
Different pic, lol. I was talking about Liela's.
 Hades.Peitha
By Hades.Peitha 2010-03-11 14:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Hades.Peitha said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Odin.Liela said:

Different pic, lol. I was talking about Liela's.
lmao opps missed your quote
By Blackmagewonder 2010-03-11 21:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
BMW! Of course I remember you from TheForce! ^^ Haven't seen you in forever, did you leave Odin?

I did not want to leave! Trust me but I was hacked and the hacker actually moved me to a new server! and sold all of my items and got my account suspended as well. I miss being on Odin but I cannot leave Pandy now! I made an awesome friend that I cannot leave from Pandy :)
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2010-03-13 21:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jimmyjazz said:
Haven't posted in here in a while...just me and Stella. Gonna be a good night.

{I'm back!} It's Saturday night yo, what's happenin'
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-03-13 21:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-03-13 22:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Scragg said:
Jaerik works in a high gravity chamber to get ripped.

He be sexy
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-03-14 03:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Zomgah, Jaerik. Trumping my supposed "adorableness" with your epic life story?

I'm only forgiving you because you know of Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog.

Of which I can sing every single song INCLUDING those from Commentary! The Musical.

BEAT THAT, RIPPED-YET-INTELLIGENT PROGRAMMER/FORMER A&F MODEL ADMINISTRATOR.
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-03-14 03:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Me 2 years ago.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Kujata.Erim
Server: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-03-14 03:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Zomgah, Jaerik. Trumping my supposed "adorableness" with your epic life story?

I'm only forgiving you because you know of Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog.

Of which I can sing every single song INCLUDING those from Commentary! The Musical.

BEAT THAT, RIPPED-YET-INTELLIGENT PROGRAMMER/FORMER A&F MODEL ADMINISTRATOR.

I don't think anything can trump your adorableness.

Except maybe Kermit the Frog at work. That's way adorable. Even then, it's still a maybe!

<3 Anye
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 453 454 455