7 New Spells?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » 7 new spells?
7 new spells?
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-11-30 12:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

2:00 min mark could possibly be White Wind?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-30 13:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
2:00 min mark could possibly be White Wind?
THAT would be a long time coming.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-30 13:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's Reaving Wind :<
By Halfpint 2010-11-30 15:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmmm...what spells and such would i want??

Shell V for sure....RR II as a native spell would be nice......

Would love to see Erase become a native rdm spell.

It's pretty obvious they are going to add "Gain" spells, will be interresting to see how fast.... and how much they are going to cost/where can be farmed.

Would like to see RDM get some kind of native Stun. What good is faast cast for if ya can't stop something from hitting ya. lol

Amnesia or some kind of spell that takes TP or stops WS would be sweet.

a new JA ability.. a kind of mini-chainspell with a 10-20 min recast. HAs a 90 sec duration and can use any spell. Would be nice to cast multiple raises without blowing your 2 hour.

Can't think of anything else

Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2010-11-30 15:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Halfpint said:
Hmmmm...what spells and such would i want?? Shell V for sure....RR II as a native spell would be nice...... Would love to see Erase become a native rdm spell. It's pretty obvious they are going to add "Gain" spells, will be interresting to see how fast.... and how much they are going to cost/where can be farmed. Would like to see RDM get some kind of native Stun. What good is faast cast for if ya can't stop something from hitting ya. lol Amnesia or some kind of spell that takes TP or stops WS would be sweet. a new JA ability.. a kind of mini-chainspell with a 10-20 min recast. HAs a 90 sec duration and can use any spell. Would be nice to cast multiple raises without blowing your 2 hour. Can't think of anything else

I could imagine a RDM getting Dualcast (like in Final Fantasy VI) where you can cast the same spell twice in succession, but I don't see any proof of that ever happening. If it did happen, it would have to be a rather large recast time for that JA.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidalecko
Server: Cerberus
user: Tidalecko
By Cerberus.Tidalecko 2010-12-01 20:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quit talking about RDM in the BLU spell thread :P
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-01 20:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone's Grudge: Invokes collective hatred to spite a single target. (How will this work, though?)
Delta Thrust: Delivers a threefold attack on a single target. Additional effect: Plague (potential)
Occultation: Conceals self with over a score of shadow images. (Has potential)
Charged Whisker: Deals Lightning damage in a radial area of effect.
Winds of Promyvion: Erases debuffs. (<- I like this)
Reaving Wind: TP reset.
Brain Spike: Stabs a single target in the head. Additional effect: Paralysis.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-01 21:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Everyone's Grudge: Invokes collective hatred to spite a single target. (How will this work, though?)
Delta Thrust: Delivers a threefold attack on a single target. Additional effect: Plague (potential)
Occultation: Conceals self with over a score of shadow images. (Has potential)
Charged Whisker: Deals Lightning damage in a radial area of effect.
Winds of Promyvion: Erases debuffs. (<- I like this)
Reaving Wind: TP reset.
Brain Spike: Stabs a single target in the head. Additional effect: Paralysis.

Winds of Promyvion is kinda ***since we already have the exact same spell in Geist Wall (bigger range and more buffs erased could make it worthwhile though)
Reaving Wind is going to be hell to learn no matter what. Even at level 90 Amphiptere's in Beauc/Xarc_S won't be fun for your typical shitty blu, and there's only 2 abyssea amph NMs, which again, the majority of shitty blus probably don't get many chances to kill. Not saying I'll struggle personally, but let's face it, blu spells are generally pretty *** easy to learn even as you're leveling the job (except body slam).
Charged Whisker/Grudge will both probably be this versions update of leafstorm (read: *** useless), but all the rest have great potential (if that's what they are). As per usual, I can't wait :p

Edit: Thermal Pulse isn't in this list, I guess chuck that in with the probably useless list...
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-12-01 21:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets not forget Everyone's Grudge. There will probably be an addition of 10-15 spells total. Leaning towards 10.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-01 21:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Lets not forget Everyone's Grudge. There will probably be an addition of 10-15 spells total. Leaning towards 10.
True, they only gave us 1 spell at 76, but two spells for every level after that, so I guess there's 2 or 3 more to add to that list eventually.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-01 21:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:

Winds of Promyvion is kinda ***since we already have the exact same spell in Geist Wall (bigger range and more buffs erased could make it worthwhile though)
I think you mean Exuviation?
If this thing is a full erase, it'll be worth it though.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-01 21:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Reaving Wind is gonna suck, both to learn and use... that is all
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-12-01 22:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Odin.Blazza said:

I think you mean Exuviation?
If this thing is a full erase, it'll be worth it though.

Full erase'd be nice as hell, but I imagine it'll be craptastic.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-01 23:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhh I read it wrong, I read it as erases buffs... It didn't occur to me that you would have said dispel if that's what you meant <_<

Yeah okay, Exuviation sucks balls, this can only be better even if it's still only one stat erased.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-12-01 23:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Exuviation didn't suck balls. I'm excited about this spell list though, I really wish we get white wind though.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-01 23:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Exuviation sucks balls, unless you REALLY need an erase, you're never going to set that, slow cast, slow recast, high MP, next to no HP recovered, it sucks.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-12-01 23:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You must have never tanked on BLU eh? It also has a small use for removing few debuffs when solo.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-01 23:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo, I'm considered a pretty pimp blu, but yours puts mine to shame. Sure Diffusion > Exuviation is monster hate (highest hate move in the game?), but is it even still needed these days? Maybe if you're main tanking some serious shiz, which I've simply never been geared for. But even still, using it for hate is a little different than using it for erase/cure, for which it sucks balls (and in fact, the hate it gives for that makes it suck harder).

Random question, I know the hate from fantod is fairly high, how's it stack up compared to Exuviation?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-01 23:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's good in a standard rotation too, don't need to Diffusion it. As mentioned, it's pretty boss for certain solos. Fantod admittedly replaced Exuviation as our main non-Diffusion CE gainer though, half the CE/VE (320 each) but far more spammable~
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-01 23:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Draylo, I'm considered a pretty pimp blu, but yours puts mine to shame. Sure Diffusion > Exuviation is monster hate (highest hate move in the game?), but is it even still needed these days? Maybe if you're main tanking some serious shiz, which I've simply never been geared for. But even still, using it for hate is a little different than using it for erase/cure, for which it sucks balls (and in fact, the hate it gives for that makes it suck harder).

Random question, I know the hate from fantod is fairly high, how's it stack up compared to Exuviation?
Well while not needed it is so high it might be nice for speeding stuff up. Or maybe some kind of zerg?

I forget where I saw it but I think it was comparable to what dispel/sleeps used to be
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-02 00:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Off the top of my head, I think Exuviation is 640/640, while sleeps were 320/180? I know it's high, and I know it's good for hate, I just wasn't thinking about hate when I said it sucks.

And if you set aside the hate mechanics, it's ***. Just because it's the only erase blu has access to, doesn't make it good. Not when you compare it to whm erase, which has a much better casting time/recast, and about 1/5 the MP cost.

So yeah, my point was that as an erase spell, winds of promyvion really can't be any worse (well, knowing SE, it could be). When you're using it for hate, you're generally not using it for the erase aspect too.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-02 00:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've never even bothered to get it lol. Though there have been a couple of situations that I could've really used it wanted it.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-02 02:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost 100% sure the spell starting at 2:00 in the data mine video is Reaving Wind from Amphiphteres.

See this video:

starting at about 2:28.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-12-02 02:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm betting Reaving Wind is gonna be from a new mob, since so far SE hasn't made us get a spell from NMs, not that I can recall anyways. This wouldn't be the first time two mobs have a TP move with the same name.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-02 02:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Off the top of my head, I think Exuviation is 640/640, while sleeps were 320/180? I know it's high, and I know it's good for hate, I just wasn't thinking about hate when I said it sucks.

And if you set aside the hate mechanics, it's ***. Just because it's the only erase blu has access to, doesn't make it good. Not when you compare it to whm erase, which has a much better casting time/recast, and about 1/5 the MP cost.

So yeah, my point was that as an erase spell, winds of promyvion really can't be any worse (well, knowing SE, it could be). When you're using it for hate, you're generally not using it for the erase aspect too.

Completely agree. The only time I set Exuviation is for hate.

Mob version: Removes damn near every debuff and restores shitloads of HP.

BLU version: Removes one debuff(not paralyze, slow, blind, BRD song), usually only a stat-down kind of debuff and only cures ~80 HP. 4 set points for 40 MP. I'd honestly rather it cost 120 MP and do more what the mob version does, even if it still only removed one debuff.

So here's hoping that Winds of Promyvion has a faster cast/recast, can erase more things, and has less blue magic set point cost. MP can be whatever, I don't care.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-02 04:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
I'm betting Reaving Wind is gonna be from a new mob, since so far SE hasn't made us get a spell from NMs, not that I can recall anyways. This wouldn't be the first time two mobs have a TP move with the same name.

They could just add regular amphs in Abyssea-Uleguerand like they did with Wyrms and Adamantoise in Tahrongi.