Server Transfering An Item Safely.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Server transfering an item safely.
Server transfering an item safely.
 Bahamut.Dionikes
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2010-11-11 14:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I have sort of a dilema, and would greatly appreciate any piece of advice. I have been contacted by someone to sell me an item from another server that i have in my bazaar.

This item is something i have a hard time finding on my server at the moment and the price is good they are asking for.

However, they are saying they want to create a mule on my server and take the gil to their server. Then transfer the earring back to me with a second mule/account.

I dont like the sound of that because i am giving up gil before i even see my item.

I have 2 accounts, and am willing to use both transfers to make this work, along with their transfer there has got to be a safe way for both parties.

The ammount of gil isnt that much for this item, its not a KC or w/e, and as stupid as it sounds, yes i am willing to pay for 2 transfer fees in order to not get burnt. 50$ sounds like a waste of money, but to avoid the feeling of getting screwed, ill gladly pay it.

Any ideas? thank you guys
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-11-11 14:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i think a character needs to be active for 3 months before you can transfer it

and it's another 3 months before you can move it back i'm pretty sure
 Fenrir.Momohko
Server: Fenrir
user: noriko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2010-11-11 14:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

are they katoku or something like that my friend was scammed by something like this I wouldnt do it
[+]
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-11-11 15:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

5M for a novio? sounds like a scam, did you win the nigerian lottery too?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2010-11-11 15:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a scam. 1:1 trades only, no IOU.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2010-11-11 17:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's what I figured as far as it being a scam. Ill post all of our messages we have sent so far and maybe someone knows this person or can make more sense of her ideas than I can
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-11 17:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hastefeet said:

The account does, not the ID.

Best way to do this is have two accounts (not two IDs), put the gil on one, move to the server. Make a character on that server with the other account, and move back with the Novio, that's what I did before.
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2010-11-11 22:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This person is obviously scamming people. Judging by the comments made on her profile at the bottom of the page. Here is the conversation so that people can be aware of him/her.

Foxina2010-11-08 08:24:26hi, do you still need the novio?

Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-08 14:28:49ya, i havent got one yet.

Foxina2010-11-08 14:42:51i'm selling one for 5M, can you pick up from ragnarok?

Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-08 14:44:53how would i do that?

Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-08 21:37:32i have the gil, but i dont have any mules on that server. Any idea how i'd get the earring here?

Foxina2010-11-09 07:00:45Hmmm i have one transfer available, I could pick up gil from you and transfer another mule with the novio to your server with one transfer at same time... that's the only way i can send it to your server and get gils back to mine :/

Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-09 12:56:49ok, just as long as we trade the earring and gil at the same time right? That would be great, im excited.

Foxina2010-11-09 13:07:32Well i'll need to pick up gils with a mule on your server first, then i purchase a world transfer and send the mule with earring to your server, and send my other mule with gils to my server.... that's the only way i can transfer it, otherwise i'd have 5M stuck on your server for 3 months!

Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-09 15:31:35ok, do you have 2 separate accounts?

Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-09 15:36:35why dont i just make a mule on my server and transfer it to yours with the gil, you make your mule and transfer it with the earring to mine, and we do a trade at the same time. That way we can trade the gil and item at same time.

Im sorry this sounds crazy, but i got scammed pretty hard before, so just wanna make it so we are both covered :)

Ok, example.

My mules name is dio1
your mules name is fox1

dio1 goes to ragnarok with 5m
fox1 comes to bahamut with the earring.

Dio1 trades 5m to your main account
at the same time Fox1 trades the earring to my main account.

We both just have 1 mule on another server for 3 months, but who cares, just delete it anyways after.

And that way we both get our gil/item at same time :)

Foxina2010-11-09 15:40:13because "at the same time" is still not possible, unless you buy the earring right from my bazaar. And we'll both have to pay 25 bucks for this, not that much of a deal for any of us ;D

Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-09 20:05:43No i think missunderstood. If we both have a mule on each other server, one with the gil, the other with the earring, then we can trade gil/item to each other, at yes, the same time. Doing that means no risk at all for either one of us. And, im server transfering the gil so you get it right away, your transfering the earring, so i get it right away.

Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-09 20:14:46Sorry, i hope you understand my hesitations. Giving gil before receiving an item is risky for me. So this way no risk, we both get what we want, and i dont mind spending the 25$. As dumb as that sounds, i'd rather pay the transfer fee than get ripped lol. Its nothing against you, its just that i've been taken before, and so it made me a bit more careful. 25M and a KC ripped from me for nothing in return :(

Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-10 15:08:53I still want to buy the earring, that way will work, and keep both of us protected. Please let me know if you still want to sell it.

Foxina2010-11-10 15:18:18that way doesnt work, we'd need to click "ok" on trade screen at same time lol, only way i know to make it safe for both is bazaar buying

Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-10 16:18:51True, that is hard since we arent going to be on the same server. Well i dunno then lol, sorry im such a pain, just am very wary of getting taken again lol. It hurt a lot last time. Thats the only way i can think of.

However i do have 2 accounts, so maybe i could use my server transfer twice, i dont mind doing that if it can somehow work. Sounds dumb to pay the 50 bucks, but to not have the feeling of being ripped again, i'd pay it in a heart beat lol

I understand this is a wall of text.

Obviously my small amount of research uncovered this person, as well as the tips and help from you guys. Thank you, i hope that nobody gets scammed by this creep.

Leviathan.Dissonant
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-11-11 22:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

May as well just buy gil for the novio if you were going to spend 50 bucks on it. :P Could have gotten a better deal.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-11 22:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

if theres is no protection on the trade, you should not do that, why sell an earring with a server switch when she can get same or more amount of gils on her own server in bazaar ?

You're just a target found on this site.

Cerberus.Nexxus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-11 22:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

anyway look comment on his FFXIAH account xD

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Ragnarok/Foxina
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-12 00:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dionikes said:
This person is obviously scamming people. Judging by the comments made on her profile at the bottom of the page. Here is the conversation so that people can be aware of him/her. Foxina2010-11-08 08:24:26hi, do you still need the novio? Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-08 14:28:49ya, i havent got one yet. Foxina2010-11-08 14:42:51i'm selling one for 5M, can you pick up from ragnarok? Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-08 14:44:53how would i do that? Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-08 21:37:32i have the gil, but i dont have any mules on that server. Any idea how i'd get the earring here? Foxina2010-11-09 07:00:45Hmmm i have one transfer available, I could pick up gil from you and transfer another mule with the novio to your server with one transfer at same time... that's the only way i can send it to your server and get gils back to mine :/ Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-09 12:56:49ok, just as long as we trade the earring and gil at the same time right? That would be great, im excited. Foxina2010-11-09 13:07:32Well i'll need to pick up gils with a mule on your server first, then i purchase a world transfer and send the mule with earring to your server, and send my other mule with gils to my server.... that's the only way i can transfer it, otherwise i'd have 5M stuck on your server for 3 months! Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-09 15:31:35ok, do you have 2 separate accounts? Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-09 15:36:35why dont i just make a mule on my server and transfer it to yours with the gil, you make your mule and transfer it with the earring to mine, and we do a trade at the same time. That way we can trade the gil and item at same time. Im sorry this sounds crazy, but i got scammed pretty hard before, so just wanna make it so we are both covered :) Ok, example. My mules name is dio1 your mules name is fox1 dio1 goes to ragnarok with 5m fox1 comes to bahamut with the earring. Dio1 trades 5m to your main account at the same time Fox1 trades the earring to my main account. We both just have 1 mule on another server for 3 months, but who cares, just delete it anyways after. And that way we both get our gil/item at same time :) Foxina2010-11-09 15:40:13because "at the same time" is still not possible, unless you buy the earring right from my bazaar. And we'll both have to pay 25 bucks for this, not that much of a deal for any of us ;D Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-09 20:05:43No i think missunderstood. If we both have a mule on each other server, one with the gil, the other with the earring, then we can trade gil/item to each other, at yes, the same time. Doing that means no risk at all for either one of us. And, im server transfering the gil so you get it right away, your transfering the earring, so i get it right away. Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-09 20:14:46Sorry, i hope you understand my hesitations. Giving gil before receiving an item is risky for me. So this way no risk, we both get what we want, and i dont mind spending the 25$. As dumb as that sounds, i'd rather pay the transfer fee than get ripped lol. Its nothing against you, its just that i've been taken before, and so it made me a bit more careful. 25M and a KC ripped from me for nothing in return :( Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-10 15:08:53I still want to buy the earring, that way will work, and keep both of us protected. Please let me know if you still want to sell it. Foxina2010-11-10 15:18:18that way doesnt work, we'd need to click "ok" on trade screen at same time lol, only way i know to make it safe for both is bazaar buying Bahamut.Dionikes2010-11-10 16:18:51True, that is hard since we arent going to be on the same server. Well i dunno then lol, sorry im such a pain, just am very wary of getting taken again lol. It hurt a lot last time. Thats the only way i can think of. However i do have 2 accounts, so maybe i could use my server transfer twice, i dont mind doing that if it can somehow work. Sounds dumb to pay the 50 bucks, but to not have the feeling of being ripped again, i'd pay it in a heart beat lol I understand this is a wall of text. Obviously my small amount of research uncovered this person, as well as the tips and help from you guys. Thank you, i hope that nobody gets scammed by this creep.

I got a PM from the same person about buying a Yhel Jacket
 Asura.Maisie
Server: Asura
user: Maisie
By Asura.Maisie 2010-11-12 00:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hastefeet said:

Char doesnt need to be active for 3 months to transfer , you can transfer a char you made 5 mins before.Then you cannot transfer anything on that account for 90 days, even a new char you might make up AFTER the transfer.
 Siren.Verona
Server: Siren
user: Verona
By Siren.Verona 2010-11-12 05:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Join a sea shell tbh.
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-11-12 05:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

there's still sea shells?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2010-11-12 14:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha ha ya i saw the comments on the bottom of the page from her. I have the gil, and i have the money to transfer, its obviously too good to be true.

Funny part is, when you offer to do the leg work for this person and do BOTH transfers, she doesnt reply, scams over, jigs up, she's gone.

I hope people look around before dealing with this person. I'd put her in the player warning thread but i think the comments on her page say enough.

I had thought about putting together 6-8 friends and trying to low man enough pops for ppl to get some novios. Would be a lot of work, but maybe worth it seeing as there are hardly any novios being sold anymore, its hard to get one.
 Asura.Poupee
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-12 14:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont waste rl money for a pixel item.
[+]
 Bahamut.Phix
user: phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2010-11-13 05:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

lol.... i see novios on sale all the time Dio you were really gonna go to all this effort to get a cheap novio ? wtf else is there to spend cash on now ,
Build/buy a pop and kill jol or merc some 1 to kill it your call.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-13 05:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Dont waste rl money for a pixel item.

We've allready done that just by paying to play this game:P
[+]
By juro 2010-11-13 09:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
I am poor and $20 is alot.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-13 09:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

juro said:
Asura.Poupee said:
I am poor and $20 is alot.

Ragnarok.Lagunabel
Server: Ragnarok
user: juro
By Ragnarok.Lagunabel 2010-11-13 09:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel the internet desperately needs more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE .jpegs
[+]