2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19
By Artemicion 2011-05-07 15:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It annoys me that game series are doing essentially the same thing as summer blockbuster movies. High budget games being pushed out on a yearly basis with cumulatively decreasing quality and increasing disappointment. Somehow we continue to pour the cash out for it, year after year.

Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-07 15:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Portal 2 died down because people beat it in single and co-op, it's not a shooter there isn't longevity in the game play. Everyone knows that. That doesn't make Portal 2 any less of an amazing game because it was by far one of the best games I have played in recent years.
I'm not arguing against that. I loved it too.

What I'm saying is people are willing to wait a year or longer for a single game they'll play once, and yet Flion is trying to say we can't look forward to a game we'll (probably) enjoy for the next year or so.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
I didn't say you're lying. Just you have no reason to hate it except for DLC which is a piss-poor reason to hate anything. People spend more than 15 dollars for 2 hours of entertainment at a movie theater, what's wrong with spending 15 dollars for 5 new maps that you'll get to play until a new game comes out?

You implied I was lying. You constantly imply that if you don't like something that's liked by a big group of people you're doing it just to hate something (I.E. lying)

And no, I dislike CoD for turning the FPS genre into a yearly milked franchise similar to the sports games that have a yearly release.

And the fact that they release 2 or 3 DLC packs for that in the 7 months before hyping the next years version and go on to stop supporting the game after.

You're just a fanboy.
Considering Modern Warfare 1 was in development for 2 years, and Modern Warfare 2 was in development for 2 years, and now Modern Warfare 3 has already been going on for a year, what more do you want? This isn't Valve we're talking about, releasing only one game every couple of years and inbetween coasting on Steam profits and such. Which is good. I know that a game can't hold anyones' interests for 5 years anyway, Valve's system is flawed. Especially since Portal 2 had everyone looking forward to it since May of last year, at least, and now it's already died down after less than three weeks.

Stop implying that games like Black Ops aren't getting fully marketed and sold as the next call of duty in the series.

You're the sucker paying them yearly for sub-standard games.

noone is a sucker lol you are taking this way too seriously, disposable income is disposable brah and the games are different so whats wrong with buying them? I like the combat training on black ops

If you enjoy paying full retail for poor games be my guest.
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
Server: Carbuncle
user: Andras
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2011-05-07 15:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
What makes Call of Duty sub-standard, anyway? Lack of vehicles? That's exactly why I like it.

i find most FPS games, not just CoD, annoying because you can hit someone in the chest with a sniper rifle and they'll keep coming at you
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-05-07 15:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

1. About battlefield, there have been so many games people call "halo killer" and "modern warfare killer" before they come out. Then they never do.

2. Bitching about games and dlc costing a bunch of money does not make the game bad. it makes you poor, sucks for you.

3. Bitching about it coming out once a year...who says that games that come out yearly are bad? Every time a cod drops, it sets a record for sales. there is a reason game devs dont cater to forum dwellers.

4. Bitching about it being the same thing...there hasnt been a new idea since who knows when. it has literally all been done. If you bought portal 2 and are calling cod repetitive, congrats hypocrite.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Portal 2 died down because people beat it in single and co-op, it's not a shooter there isn't longevity in the game play. Everyone knows that. That doesn't make Portal 2 any less of an amazing game because it was by far one of the best games I have played in recent years.

What I'm saying is people are willing to wait a year or longer for a single game they'll play once, and yet Flion is trying to say we can't look forward to a game we'll (probably) enjoy for the next year or so.

Where am I saying that? I have no problem with online games.

I have a problem with the Call of duty series releasing yearly crap, and people buying it without even checking critical acclaim.

The last time I did that was XIV, and I sure learned my lesson.
By Artemicion 2011-05-07 15:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
1. About battlefield, there have been so many games people call "halo killer" and "modern warfare killer" before they come out. Then they never do.

2. Bitching about games and dlc costing a bunch of money does not make the game bad. it makes you poor, sucks for you.

3. Bitching about it coming out once a year...who says that games that come out yearly are bad? Every time a cod drops, it sets a record for sales. there is a reason game devs dont cater to forum dwellers.

4. Bitching about it being the same thing...there hasnt been a new idea since who knows when. If you bought portal 2 and are calling cod repetitive, congrats hypocrite.

I don't even know where to begin with explaining how flawed each and every one of these arguments are.
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-07 15:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but that is not fact
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-07 15:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

People also understood Portal 2's single player alone would carry it's price tag. I for one believe it backed that up quite well, rarely do I play a FPS where the story alone is worth buying it. People buy the 2 games for different reasons.
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-07 15:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
I didn't say you're lying. Just you have no reason to hate it except for DLC which is a piss-poor reason to hate anything. People spend more than 15 dollars for 2 hours of entertainment at a movie theater, what's wrong with spending 15 dollars for 5 new maps that you'll get to play until a new game comes out?

You implied I was lying. You constantly imply that if you don't like something that's liked by a big group of people you're doing it just to hate something (I.E. lying)

And no, I dislike CoD for turning the FPS genre into a yearly milked franchise similar to the sports games that have a yearly release.

And the fact that they release 2 or 3 DLC packs for that in the 7 months before hyping the next years version and go on to stop supporting the game after.

You're just a fanboy.
Considering Modern Warfare 1 was in development for 2 years, and Modern Warfare 2 was in development for 2 years, and now Modern Warfare 3 has already been going on for a year, what more do you want? This isn't Valve we're talking about, releasing only one game every couple of years and inbetween coasting on Steam profits and such. Which is good. I know that a game can't hold anyones' interests for 5 years anyway, Valve's system is flawed. Especially since Portal 2 had everyone looking forward to it since May of last year, at least, and now it's already died down after less than three weeks.

Stop implying that games like Black Ops aren't getting fully marketed and sold as the next call of duty in the series.

noone is a sucker lol you are taking this way too seriously, disposable income is disposable brah and the games are different so whats wrong with buying them? I like the combat training on black ops

Again, what makes it poor? In the recent year, I bought Crysis 2, Portal 2, Red Dead Redemption, Bayonetta, Resident Evil 5, Black Ops, Just Cause 2, Fallout New Vegas, The Sims 3, and Dragon Age II.

My favorite game that I currently own is Modern Warfare 2. Why is that a problem?
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2011-05-07 15:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

he's just calling the game a piece of ***

he isnt saying you cant be excited for it
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-07 15:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lolserj said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

Pretty much, I just don't see how people can get excited after the way they were let down. If SE started talks right now of FFXVI Online. I would laugh simply because how much XIV flopped.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

You're just a fanboy.

Again, what makes it poor? In the recent year, I bought Crysis 2, Portal 2, Red Dead Redemption, Bayonetta, Resident Evil 5, Black Ops, Just Cause 2, Fallout New Vegas, The Sims 3, and Dragon Age II.

My favorite game that I currently own is Modern Warfare 2. Why is that a problem?

It's not. I had no problem with Modern Warfare 2 outside of the fact that it was dropped so fast.

But why would you buy black ops when you knew it was going to be bad?
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-07 15:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lolserj said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

What's the point of signing into a public forum just to hate on games, if you're not trying to dissuade people from buying it? No one cares about anyone elses' opinions, if they're going to get it, they're going to get it.

I can understand an outlet for pent-up anger toward something, but come on. It's a videogame. If you don't enjoy it, there are 10,000 other games you can go play.
By Artemicion 2011-05-07 15:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

A title can go a long way as far as pushing sales. Unfortunately knowing the quality of content therein is a whole different story.
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2011-05-07 15:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Carbuncle.Lolserj said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

What's the point of signing into a public forum just to hate on games, if you're not trying to dissuade people from buying it? No one cares about anyone elses' opinions, if they're going to get it, they're going to get it.

I can understand an outlet for pent-up anger toward something, but come on. It's a videogame. If you don't enjoy it, there are 10,000 other games you can go play.

you seem to care
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Carbuncle.Lolserj said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

Don't you continuously hate on XIII?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-05-07 15:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:

4. Bitching about it being the same thing...there hasnt been a new idea since who knows when. If you bought portal 2 and are calling cod repetitive, congrats hypocrite.

I don't even know where to begin with explaining how flawed each and every one of these arguments are.

I dont even know where to begin with explaining how much i dont care about idiot valve fanboy opinions.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-05-07 15:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Carbuncle.Lolserj said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

Don't get me started on the amount of games he says are terrible in Ni xD
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2011-05-07 15:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:

I dont even know where to begin with explaining how much i dont care about idiot valve fanboy opinions.

couldn't they consider you a fanboy though...
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-07 15:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

You're just a fanboy.

It's not. I had no problem with Modern Warfare 2 outside of the fact that it was dropped so fast.

But why would you buy black ops when you knew it was going to be bad?
I'll admit, I had my hopes pretty high, especially after reading the article in GameInformer. Being able to customize so much in an online game was unheard of, but they delivered it poorly. And even if they did do it well, you can't judge how enjoyable a FPS game will be until you play it yourself. Black Ops had no creativity in its weapons and they all felt the same. Even the iron sights were identical for most guns.

So why did I buy Black Ops? To break up the monotony I guess. Before Black Ops came out, MW2 was dominated by noob tubers which was no fun, but they almost all moved on to Black Ops because MW2 was no longer the newest game and so there's no reason to play like a *** to get high K/D in it like they're all doing now in Black Ops.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

4 is a bad argument seeing as most people bought Portal 2 for the single player aspect. It's also an unique game concept that only it and Portal 1 has used.
By Artemicion 2011-05-07 15:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultimately I think it has to do with how far titles alone are being pushed. We've all enjoyed Final Fantasy for over a decade, and due to the previous ones we have enjoyed, we more or less follow the series with subsequent releases, despite their diminishing quality, because there's always a degree of expectations and excitement about what they'll do next. Even though it ends up disappointing more and more with each release, odds are we'll continue to keep up with it for the namesake.
By Artemicion 2011-05-07 15:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:

Quoted for irony.
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-07 15:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I love this game, own all the Call of duty games and play them all repeatedly <3
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There's nothing wrong with making major changes between releases, especially with a long running franchise.

CoD did it when it jumped from WWII to Modern Warfare, and since that time they've been using the franchise name as a sales pitch, rather than any aspects of the game.
By Artemicion 2011-05-07 15:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Obligatory

Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-07 15:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Carbuncle.Lolserj said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

Yes, of course I do. It was the biggest disappointment in a game since Halo: Reach. But I only say that because I expected it to be great and it turned out to be completely wrong for me.

This is different, because you're insulting a game that not only has not even been released, but also has not had barely any info leaked about it. You keep arguing that people buy CoD games because of the name, so why do you hate CoD games just because of the name?
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-07 15:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Was this worth the backread?

All I got was someone ranting over DLC , someone asking why buy a bad game etc..

I bought it because ITS A FREAKING CALL OF DUTY GAME- therefor I must own it ..some people collect anime or dolls - I collect COD games :P
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Carbuncle.Lolserj said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

Yes, of course I do. It was the biggest disappointment in a game since Halo: Reach. But I only say that because I expected it to be great and it turned out to be completely wrong for me.

This is different, because you're insulting a game that not only has not even been released, but also has not had barely any info leaked about it. You keep arguing that people buy CoD games because of the name, so why do you hate CoD games just because of the name?

For the same reason you've openly blasted XIII-2, the continuous disappointments.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19