First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 17 18 19
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-07 14:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Its modern warfare 3. They are going to announce it next month.
Eh unless they really step it up from Black Ops I won't be sold. Besides everything mentioned is what Battlefield is already known for.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 14:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, more call of Duty.

Pumping them out yearly for morons who will part with the cash.
By Artemicion 2011-05-07 14:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes me sad that CoD has become nothing more than a franchise no better than Madden.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 14:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Modern warfare is getting as overused as WWII.
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
Server: Carbuncle
user: Andras
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2011-05-07 14:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Modern warfare is getting as overused as WWII.

Call of Duty: Revolutionary War
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-07 14:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
It makes me sad that CoD has become nothing more than a franchise no better than Madden.

I heard they traded ghost to the terrorists this year.

That said i don't play black ops and i hope that joke makes sense based on my knowledge of the game being pew pew Activision DLC maps pew pew.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-07 15:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Oh, more call of Duty.

Pumping them out yearly for morons who will part with the cash.
I liked the modern warfare series when it was under IW, but I doubt another group could do it as well. So I'll stick Battlefield because BF has been in the works a long time and so far it looks anything but rushed. I mean doesn't this look amazing.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, got to love dat DLC they pump out before they stop supporting the game for the next yearly version.
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-07 15:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, just because everyone likes something, doesn't mean you have to hate it.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-07 15:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait to pre-order my copy... I have always been a Battlefield fan, putting the vast majority of my FPS time into Battlefield games, and the largest chunk of all my FPSing being spent in BF2.

<.< I even got out my flight stick and reinstalled BF2 so I can brush up on my fighter jet skills to be prepared for launch.

PS the dude playing in the demo SUCKS.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
You know, just because everyone likes something, doesn't mean you have to hate it.

You know, just because someone dislikes something you like, doesn't mean you have to assume they're lying.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-07 15:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

You know, just because someone dislikes something you like, doesn't mean you have to assume they're lying.

Ent you yourself have trash talked Black Ops like mad. Seeing as WaW and BO were both crap do you expect them to recover the series or just keep milking it honestly. You should know with how much I played MW2 I was a huge fan of the series, but I can't back what activision has been doing.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you bother, Ent cries every time you say you don't like something he does.

I'm surprised he hasn't defended DAII like mad.
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-07 15:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say you're lying. Just you have no reason to hate it except for DLC which is a piss-poor reason to hate anything. People spend more than 15 dollars for 2 hours of entertainment at a movie theater, what's wrong with spending 15 dollars for 5 new maps that you'll get to play until a new game comes out?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
I didn't say you're lying. Just you have no reason to hate it except for DLC which is a piss-poor reason to hate anything. People spend more than 15 dollars for 2 hours of entertainment at a movie theater, what's wrong with spending 15 dollars for 5 new maps that you'll get to play until a new game comes out?

You implied I was lying. You constantly imply that if you don't like something that's liked by a big group of people you're doing it just to hate something (I.E. lying)

And no, I dislike CoD for turning the FPS genre into a yearly milked franchise similar to the sports games that have a yearly release.

And the fact that they release 2 or 3 DLC packs for that in the 7 months before hyping the next years version and go on to stop supporting the game after.

You're just a fanboy.
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-07 15:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

Ent you yourself have trash talked Black Ops like mad. Seeing as WaW and BO were both crap do you expect them to recover the series or just keep milking it honestly. You should know with how much I played MW2 I was a huge fan of the series, but I can't back what activision has been doing.
Saying Black Ops is indicative of the quality of the next Modern Warfare game shows a lack of understanding of the video game industry in general. They're not even made by the same people, let alone have EVER shown the same amount of quality. First 4 CoD games all got very high ratings, then World At War was kind of crap, then MW2 got good ratings again, and Black Ops was kind of crap. This is Treyarch making the bad games, and Treyarch has nothing at all to do with Modern Warfare.
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-07 15:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

Saying Black Ops is indicative of the quality of the next Modern Warfare game shows a lack of understanding of the video game industry in general. They're not even made by the same people, let alone have EVER shown the same amount of quality. First 4 CoD games all got very high ratings, then World At War was kind of crap, then MW2 got good ratings again, and Black Ops was kind of crap. This is Treyarch making the bad games, and Treyarch has nothing at all to do with Modern Warfare.

Yea, if anything all the people they fired from infinity ward should be indicative of the quality of the next modern warfare game!
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-07 15:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

But odds are it won't be IW(forget what they are called now) on MW3
it will more than likely be Treyarch because they know the name alone will sell copies.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

So you bought it because?...
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-07 15:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

You implied I was lying. You constantly imply that if you don't like something that's liked by a big group of people you're doing it just to hate something (I.E. lying)

And no, I dislike CoD for turning the FPS genre into a yearly milked franchise similar to the sports games that have a yearly release.

And the fact that they release 2 or 3 DLC packs for that in the 7 months before hyping the next years version and go on to stop supporting the game after.

You're just a fanboy.
Considering Modern Warfare 1 was in development for 2 years, and Modern Warfare 2 was in development for 2 years, and now Modern Warfare 3 has already been going on for a year, what more do you want? This isn't Valve we're talking about, releasing only one game every couple of years and inbetween coasting on Steam profits and such. Which is good. I know that a game can't hold anyones' interests for 5 years anyway, Valve's system is flawed. Especially since Portal 2 had everyone looking forward to it since May of last year, at least, and now it's already died down after less than three weeks.
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-07 15:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

You're just a fanboy.

Yeah cause that never happened before the devil that is the call of duty series.

Goldeneye > tomorrow never dies > the world is not enough > agent under fire > nightfire > etc etc etc
By Artemicion 2011-05-07 15:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Comparing Portal 2 to CoD, really?
They're not even within the same genre of gameplay.
Let alone target audience.
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-07 15:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

it will more than likely be Treyarch because they know the name alone will sell copies.
It's 90% of the original InfinityWard working with Sledgehammer Games on the campaign and with Raven Software on the multiplayer. Sure, with more people, there's a bigger chance that people will make mistakes, but there's also a much bigger department for each section of the game, so I'm expecting it should go above and beyond even the quality of Modern Warfare 2.

I'll probably get disappointed, sure, but it will be something new nontheless and that's never something to complain about.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

You're just a fanboy.
Considering Modern Warfare 1 was in development for 2 years, and Modern Warfare 2 was in development for 2 years, and now Modern Warfare 3 has already been going on for a year, what more do you want? This isn't Valve we're talking about, releasing only one game every couple of years and inbetween coasting on Steam profits and such. Which is good. I know that a game can't hold anyones' interests for 5 years anyway, Valve's system is flawed. Especially since Portal 2 had everyone looking forward to it since May of last year, at least, and now it's already died down after less than three weeks.

Stop implying that games like Black Ops aren't getting fully marketed and sold as the next call of duty in the series.

You're the sucker paying them yearly for sub-standard games.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

You're just a fanboy.

Yeah cause that never happened before the devil that is the call of duty series.

Goldeneye > tomorrow never dies > the world is not enough > agent under fire > nightfire > etc etc etc

As in online FPS.

Not single player FPS with only local multiplayer.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

It's 90% of the original InfinityWard working with Sledgehammer Games on the campaign and with Raven Software on the multiplayer. Sure, with more people, there's a bigger chance that people will make mistakes, but there's also a much bigger department for each section of the game, so I'm expecting it should go above and beyond even the quality of Modern Warfare 2.

I'll probably get disappointed, sure, but it will be something new nontheless and that's never something to complain about.

Didn't you complain about XIII continuously?
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-07 15:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What makes Call of Duty sub-standard, anyway? Lack of vehicles? That's exactly why I like it.
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-07 15:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

You're just a fanboy.

Stop implying that games like Black Ops aren't getting fully marketed and sold as the next call of duty in the series.

You're the sucker paying them yearly for sub-standard games.

noone is a sucker lol you are taking this way too seriously, disposable income is disposable brah and the games are different so whats wrong with buying them? I like the combat training on black ops
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-05-07 15:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Its modern warfare 3. They are going to announce it next month.

Mediocrity, I am disappoint. I'm glad Black Ops was recognized as the single-player wreck it was in the critical outlets.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-07 15:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Portal 2 died down because people beat it in single and co-op, it's not a shooter there isn't longevity in the game play. Everyone knows that. That doesn't make Portal 2 any less of an amazing game because it was by far one of the best games I have played in recent years.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 17 18 19