Why Do Ppl Make Anon Accounts To Help Thier Case?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » why do ppl make anon accounts to help thier case?
why do ppl make anon accounts to help thier case?
First Page 2 3 4 5

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-11-04 09:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
I like how people think I'm Flion's alt when I back him up in an argument. My main account got banned because I may have been slightly racist, but hey! Who doesn't like a bit of racism. Looking at you Neonracer. wut.

I'm sure he has a mouth of his own, he doesn't need a troll to back him up.. ^^ this is what I mean....<anon ppl>....

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
stuff from Flion or Draylo, I skip and scroll, past... only b.c its troll meat or troll feed anyways..

why bother...

It's actually exactly why someone could make the case for posting anon.

If you're a *** for so long, then actually WANT to make a legitimate post without being wholly dismissed right off when otherwise you would be, anon can be a good way to do it.

my first post, prooves your point, exactly. IF your making a legit post, why hide?. Thanks Bart.

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
slowlulz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Agreed, Anons are good for one thing: Rate downs.
your good for something..I'm just really not sure what it is..

nar you had a brain fart he really aint any use at all

Ronson, seeing you anon, idc about, but you made a good point.. much appreciated.
slowlulz said:
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Eliminate anon accounts or restrict posting for anon accounts.

I brought this up a couple weeks ago.
At least we got rid of MySaggyVagina.

I think the admins said anon accounts were allowed because, at the time, FF14 visitors to FFXIAH.com did not have a legit means to be verified.

Now that FF14 characters can be verified, we don't really need anon accounts anymore, right?

lol what's funny is "most" of the people complaining about anon accounts being gone...should be gone themslevs. You all cause just as much trouble if not more. you,draylo,flionheart just to name some

We just happen to know that these ppl are the general s^&t-disturbers, but what else can we expect? Even Draylo thought I was under a different alias... I guess we're stuck and have to deal with "special" subscribers on here.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-11-04 09:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Though the thread isn't specifically (in title) about why anons EXIST. It's why they feel the need to backup their own (already publicly posted as themselves) argument with an anon "yes man".

We can all agree someone who has to do that, really has to do that with no comedic

"lols its me and i bet you dont know its me even though my name is nearly the same /trollface"

tone and really just wants to back up what they say, and think it works.. need to stop posting At least they need to rethink what they type.
/nods and agrees
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-04 09:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is this thread proves what people say about anons. Slowlulz is too scared to post from a main because he doesn't want the stigma of argument associated with his main account (or he's been banned and can't use his main account.) The anons who simply argue and add nothing else should be removed imo. What are they honestly adding to this website?

This is why most forums don't allow anonymous people to post, it's way too easy to change your IP and then just cause a shitstorm from behind a proxy or whatever. Yes I'm an argumentative person, I'll agree with that, but at least I'm not too chicken ***to do it from my main account, at least I don't make sockpuppets because I actually take responsibility for my own actions. The only time I've ever sockpuppeted was when I was banned for a few weeks, and that was just me being a rebel and they got removed fast, I don't see why that can't be the case for others.

Again, I have no problems with anons who actually add something, help people or even just chat in a pleasant way from time to time, but look at slowlulz' post history. He is simply a troll account. At least I take accountability for all my actions.

As for you Neon, you're as deluded as ever thinking you're 100% blameless.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-04 09:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Borealisv2 is a good example. He argues a bit, but he actually helps people with gear choices etc. The reason for that is because it's his only account and the name is still linked back to him. Accountability is the word of the day it seems.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-04 09:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Though the thread isn't specifically (in title) about why anons EXIST. It's why they feel the need to backup their own (already publicly posted as themselves) argument with an anon "yes man".

We can all agree someone who has to do that, really has to do that, with no comedic

"lols its me and i bet you dont know its me even though my name is nearly the same /trollface"

tone, and really just wants to back up what they say thinking it works.. need to stop posting. At least they need to rethink what they type because clearly if you need your own yesman to strengthen what you say, it might not be worth saying.

It's also not worth our time reading, twice.

stop pretending i'm not your argumentative sockpuppet

By slowlulz 2010-11-04 09:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
The thing is this thread proves what people say about anons. Slowlulz is too scared to post from a main because he doesn't want the stigma of argument associated with his main account (or he's been banned and can't use his main account.) The anons who simply argue and add nothing else should be removed imo. What are they honestly adding to this website?

This is why most forums don't allow anonymous people to post, it's way too easy to change your IP and then just cause a shitstorm from behind a proxy or whatever. Yes I'm an argumentative person, I'll agree with that, but at least I'm not too chicken ***to do it from my main account, at least I don't make sockpuppets because I actually take responsibility for my own actions. The only time I've ever sockpuppeted was when I was banned for a few weeks, and that was just me being a rebel and they got removed fast, I don't see why that can't be the case for others.

Again, I have no problems with anons who actually add something, help people or even just chat in a pleasant way from time to time, but look at slowlulz' post history. He is simply a troll account. At least I take accountability for all my actions.

if i'm a troll account then you would exemplify that to the highest degree..I don't even think you post anything anywhere that's not negative or trolling.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-11-04 09:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

slowlulz said:
if i'm a troll account then you would exemplify that to the highest degree..I don't even think you post anything anywhere that's not negative or trolling.

You must be new 'round hur.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-04 09:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

slowlulz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

And everything I do post I'm completely accountable for. You on the other hand don't post from a main account due to fear?

[+]
By slowlulz 2010-11-04 09:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

so your saying if your not accountable for being a troll you should be banned immediatly..but if you are accountable you are good to go? also I LOL'd hard at this

The anons who simply argue and add nothing else should be removed imo. What are they honestly adding to this website?

^look in the mirror what do you add to this website?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-04 09:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

flion adds lulz
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-04 09:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

slowlulz said:
so your saying if your not accountable for being a troll you should be banned immediatly..but if you are accountable you are good to go? also I LOL'd hard at this

The anons who simply argue and add nothing else should be removed imo. What are they honestly adding to this website?

^look in the mirror what do you add to this website?

What do I add to this website? A personality for one. I chat with people, and If I played still I sure as hell would add help to that mix. I help people with technical problems and anything within my skill set. Outside of helping one person with a small technical issue what have you realistically added here? The first set of posts you made was you arguing with Darki and that's it.

You didn't add an opinion you just made this account to troll people. And yes if you just make an account for one reason (trolling) you should be banned, as clearly it's just you getting around a stigma associated with your main.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-11-04 09:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
flion adds lulz

He also holds awesome Tales of Vesperia characters for friends in case they do get FFXIV.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-04 09:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

You didn't add an opinion you just made this account to troll people. And yes if you just make an account for one reason (trolling) you should be banned, as clearly it's just you getting around a stigma associated with your main.

stigma?
By slowlulz 2010-11-04 09:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

helped someone with computer troubles like first couple days I was here lol. and the majority 90% of all your posts have to do with you crying about something you think is not fair or bashing someone. All I'm saying is before you go making assumptions about everything you should think it through.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-04 09:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
flion adds lulz

He also holds awesome Tales of Vesperia characters for friends in case they do get FFXIV.

:D

I'd like to think I'm nicer than most anons like to make out.

People just get way too butthurt when I post anything, they need to become beefless.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-04 09:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
flion adds lulz

People just get way too butthurt when I post anything, they need to become beefless.

no man they got a case

clearly the only way to contribute is to spam the pics that make you lol thread

for easy controversy-free rateups

that's how real contributors roll
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-04 10:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

stigma?

"Stigma (plural: stigmata) is a word that originally means a "sign", "point", or "branding mark""

I should say social stigma.

slowlulz said:
helped someone with computer troubles like first couple days I was here lol. and the majority 90% of all your posts have to do with you crying about something you think is not fair or bashing someone. All I'm saying is before you go making assumptions about everything you should think it through.

And no, not really. 90% of my posts are in Linkshell Ni, just a chat topic where I chat with people. And again I have no problem with posting opinions from my main account, why don't you? What is the reason you made this account? Honestly? Why don't you post from a linked account?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-04 10:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
flion adds lulz

no man they got a case

***, I've been doing it all wrong. Here I was thinking that posting opinions in threads would make people like me, even if my opinion was incredibly unpopular.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-11-04 10:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
flion adds lulz

Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-04 10:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

"Stigma (plural: stigmata) is a word that originally means a "sign", "point", or "branding mark""

I should say social stigma.

i know what a stigma is

i just i thought i was accumulating cool points this whole time :(

my life is shattered
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-04 10:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

no man they got a case

Ramuh.Haseyo said:

see haseyo knows how to contribute
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-04 10:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You're still cool to me Sev!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-04 10:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

i'd <3 you even if you went anon
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-04 10:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Has is as cool as the Hoff.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-04 10:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a big problem with anons, some take them personal others don't, anyone taking anything personal online should just stop posting in the forums.
By slowlulz 2010-11-04 10:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

90% are, can't post from a linked account when I don't have one. Oh and now you don't have problems with certain anons? just some? yesterday you were crying a different story. w/e man you are so full of ***it's beyond belief I'm actually gonna just block you. Keep making useless posts about why you think it's unfair that people come to this website and use it that don't have a linked account.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-04 10:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

i'd <3 you even if you went anon

I did for a while! and it was still linked to my name and I still posted the same opinions lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-04 10:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

slowlulz said:
90% are, can't post from a linked account when I don't have one. Oh and now you don't have problems with certain anons? just some? yesterday you were crying a different story. w/e man you are so full of ***it's beyond belief I'm actually gonna just block you. Keep making useless posts about why you think it's unfair that people come to this website and use it that don't have a linked account.

wut, you're going to block me for not insulting you in any way and simply disagreeing with your point of view?

Nice.

And yeah, I know very well you have a linked account or have been banned, you don't just jump onto an online forum with such damning opinions about someone without having experience posting.

I'm sure you won't see this but w/e.