Avatar MAB - Am I Missing Something?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Avatar MAB - Am I missing something?
Avatar MAB - Am I missing something?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-11-02 10:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking to build up a real BP:Rage magic setup for SMN, while Physical BP's seem to be falling behind (at least for me and other SMN friends I've spoken to).

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something with Pet/Avatar MAB+ on it from this setup. MAB+12 in total seems a little.. low?

The Redingote is MAB+7/MAcc+7 (and probably BP Delay- or something, I dunno! Suggestions would be awesome <3). Crozier I'm aiming for BP- and MAB+ on, though I haven't started on that quite yet.
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-11-02 10:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Trial of Magians:

Shareeravadi +1
Pet: MAB +11
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-02 10:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bp delay caps, you better off with –2 perpetuate
[+]
 Bismarck.Simtny
Server: Bismarck
user: simtny
By Bismarck.Simtny 2010-11-02 15:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

caller's pigaches +2
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-11-02 22:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're really crazy about SMN, there's a pet: MAB earring augment from an ACP battlefield. I finished Shareeravadi +1 in a day from start to finish, wasn't bad. Just find a friend who loves SMN. Also meritting Heavenly Strike and using the Atma of Beyond makes a huge difference in Abyssea.

Also I second everything posted above me. EVEN DRAYLO. O~hohoho.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-11-11 20:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
I'm looking to build up a real BP:Rage magic setup for SMN, while Physical BP's seem to be falling behind (at least for me and other SMN friends I've spoken to).

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something with Pet/Avatar MAB+ on it from this setup. MAB+12 in total seems a little.. low?

The Redingote is MAB+7/MAcc+7 (and probably BP Delay- or something, I dunno! Suggestions would be awesome <3). Crozier I'm aiming for BP- and MAB+ on, though I haven't started on that quite yet.

Don't get BP delay on redingote, really not worth it even if you don't have YYR, austere robe has -3 so its only a 1 delay difference, not worth the augment space.

Shareeravadi +1 is rediculously easy to get compared to the -perp staves, all the later trials are in ice weather and you can do some in the same zone (uleguerand range) which has ice weather a lot, and for 5 points per kill.

With this and 5/5 mattk merits i'm breaking 2k Wind blades/thunderstorms (both 5/5) unresisted (Rarely get even 1/2 resists) at 100% avatar TP. Would only need 70% with caller's spats +1/2, makes me want the 85 nirvana soooo bad, +30 MAB on staff with the new MAB pieces and avatar mab trait, could be doing 2.5k~ :Q