users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Going AFK in Abyssea Parties
Going AFK in Abyssea Parties
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
By BorealisV2 2010-11-01 15:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:
*Wall of terrible English*

Seriously, it's like Japanese or something.
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 15:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You know BorealisV2, i wish ppl like you get all blist more often and you would end with your elitism alone playing the game, that would fix so many problem in the game.

BTW why you don't play on a private server with a weapon 999 dmg 1 delay and solo all the KING and hardest NM abyssea..
By Dijana 2010-11-01 15:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Last abyssea xp pt I did I was basically invited to leech >.> I was invited as smn, there were 2 other smns in the pt. The leader made the alliance, then went anon and switched to what I assume was some low lvl job since he wasnt fighting and wouldnt gear himself. Someone in his ls was being a little control freak screaming at everyone they should only do one thing. That smn is to do nothing but hastega. That rdm is to do nothing but refresh this person. They kicked the dnc who had to tank because she asked for haste and they wouldnt allow anyone to cast it on her.

I would have warped, but they had me be the refresh statue with diabolos. Normally I hate that, but I did as they asked, walked out and made a meal, came back and played my PSP, didnt move the whole time but the little b!tch was saying 'the smn in my pt is the only one doing her job!'

Felt good.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-01 15:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Am I the only one who would prefer someone who is AFK half the time but has those weird things called "Atmas" and uses another odd tool called "food" to kill faster over someone who uses neither and does 100 damage WSs and TPs in full aurore?
lol this a million times over. every time I would end up in a pick up EXP abyssea, there were always so many *** gimps... where a full 18 kill slower than like 3 people from my linkshell could. It got to the point where now I just refuse to do pick up groups... no sense in wasting that kind of time (and having to add like 15 idiots to my blacklist each time) when I could grab a couple people from inside the LS and wreck stuff faster, more efficiently, and get some NM drops while we're at it.
Yep that how everyone think now, but again '/sea all inv' and enjoy it when your friend not online. Not blaming ya, or anyone, what i am saying is ppl generalize way too much instead to point the real problem. Shout PT can be great, i got way too many good random abyssea PT to say is bad. You can't blame ppl, when update happen everyone rush they best job with best gear to level CAP, of course everyone are happy at that point. Look at now, everyone already have they best JOB capped, then who the hell will help them to level they gimps, ungeared, unskilled job? The game is over after they get 1 job cap? Oo No is not, we are as you are trying a new job, new weapon magian, new goal. Of course everyone with they job CAP can say screw everyone else, let just make our ELIT group instead and not wasting our time, but you know you split in your own face if you dont have all your job already @ CAP. Oh you can then tell me about Abyssea LS PT only, yes that work, how great if everyone do that now and everyone joining FFXI for first time see no one LFG, and have to deal with all elitism... A lots of ppl are leaving this game everyday now, and question yourself why, Abyssea imo made a lots ppl came back just bc they had a HOPE something been made better to get EXP. Our choice to scared them with elitism and with dumb stuff. I am personally about to ditch this game soon, not like i never got what i wanted, i have all job85 + 786 merit, i have mandau full upgraded, i have 2 OaT weapon, i have almost everything i wanted, but all this BS just make me think... WTF i am doing here since everyone keep split in face of everyone. I am one of the rare ppl that is ready to help everyone whitout asking anything in return, i do it bc is a game and is alway fun help a fiend, as is alway fun accomplish something, even if it take a lots of time and effort. I am by far not the only one like this, or this game would be a total TRASH, but keep elitism up and you know what will happen in future with this game. **I know my grammar blow... no need respond with that.

I think it's hard to believe someone who got a relic is now willing to be completely selfless with their time. You now have all jobs at 85, yes, but in the back of your mind you're thinking of the next big accomplishment. Masamune for your SAM, or some other stuff that you see drop for another job that you'll likely put in storage. Just the next big piece of gear to add to your collection.

I don't think anyone can get a relic and all the rest of those amazing things by being selfless and it's juevenile to think you've suddenly changed.
 Caitsith.Jessie
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-11-01 15:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

People do it because they can get away with it, usually for a long time.

Even if you can get away with it for long enough to make it "worthwhile", is it really worth your reputation to be a leech or a jerk-wad? Sure, you just got 4 merits while you went out with your friends for supper, but you just made it even harder to find a party later on in your career.
[+]
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 15:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I think it's hard to believe someone who got a relic is now willing to be completely selfless with their time. You now have all jobs at 85, yes, but in the back of your mind you're thinking of the next big accomplishment. Masamune for your SAM, or some other stuff that you see drop for another job that you'll likely put in storage. Just the next big piece of gear to add to your collection.

I don't think anyone can get a relic and all the rest of those amazing things by being selfless and it's juevenile to think you've suddenly changed.

Well i saw that one coming, but ya i never forced anyone to do dynamis with me, plus i have one relic out of 6yr doing dynamis, of course is sad that not everyone got relic after 6yr of this pain event, i am still doing dynamis 2x per week, our ls is on the 3th LEGIT relic owner (no i don't have 3, not like possibility have 3 relic was not available)

I did one relic 3yr ago, i did not abuse and i am still helping with the same ppl. Don't blame me for the limitation of currency, look @ SE for this issue. 4th Relic owner coming soon.. i would give relic to everyone in my LS if they don't mind stay till 2030 with us.

I don't need gear, i keep passing them and yell when i forget to pass, DAMN IT -1 INVENTORY again.. and ppl alway laugh about it. ( ya i don't like toss dynamis gear even if they garbage, bc i know there alway someone that can make a good use of it, what is garbage to me don't mean is garbage to everyone.

No one is perfect, everyone have some goal, and ppl like me give chance to other to get stuff like relic, WHITOUT have to build a web site, whitout to have to worry about all drama, whitout having all the trouble dynamis cause.

My playtime is: 1308 day, 19 hours... of course i play since NA version came out...
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-01 15:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I could have two relics at this point. I have never led a dynamis shell nor have I ever really been an active member of one.

I prefer the $7,000 in my pocket. I will never regret that choice.

All that being said, no one with a relic is selfless. If you were selfless, your entire dynamis shell would be 1/20th of the way to their relic and all currency would be split after every run. Since that is not feasible, of course someone had to get their relic. In this case, it was you.
[+]
By olyard 2010-11-01 16:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly just kick them from your party.
[+]
 Leviathan.Agentd
Server: Leviathan
user: Agentd
By Leviathan.Agentd 2010-11-01 16:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

olyard said:
Honestly just kick them from your party.
More like just get them killed by an NM in the area and boot afterwards, right guys?
[+]
By olyard 2010-11-01 16:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That work too :)
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 16:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I could have two relics at this point. I have never led a dynamis shell nor have I ever really been an active member of one.

I prefer the $7,000 in my pocket. I will never regret that choice.

All that being said, no one with a relic is selfless. If you were selfless, your entire dynamis shell would be 1/20th of the way to their relic and all currency would be split after every run. Since that is not feasible, of course someone had to get their relic. In this case, it was you.

You know what is sad Aurilius.... If i could go back in the past + all the knowledge i have now, i would have spend 7,000$ for it instead, bc in the END, i did spend so much time into it, and for what it worth, is a waste, is even worse when all jealous ppl look at you and find 1 zillion way to figure out you got it unfairly and think you cheating everyone to get it.

I don't know how many hours total i spend on it, but i can tell you i farmed the same thing over and over 8~10h/day for almost 2yr long. i had my own computer bizz (onsite service @ 80$/h) with very good income back in the day, and now i am on welfare trying to restore from a major burn out due to game maybe idk, i now avoid RL and hide in game. (so epic but meh, everything have a cost)

So is relic worth 7,000$? well, i would take that option if i could change my past.
 Leviathan.Agentd
user: Agentd
By Leviathan.Agentd 2010-11-01 16:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember, but I'll ask anyway. Do you continue to get chest rewards if you're dead? If not, you should totally get them killed via AoEs or the NM suggestion, then leave them in the party. They time out, get no rewards for the duration of time they were still there, and they can't get mad that you let them die. Wouldn't have happened if they were afk. Throw a raise at em too, this way they really can't ***.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-11-01 16:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:
Quote:
1308 day, 19 hours... of course i play since NA version came out...

OMG you realize you spent 3.6 years playing this game?
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-01 16:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

what i find funny in this whole thread is this...
"going afk is not justifible" going away from your keyboard is not justifible!!!!! stay in thy seat!
[+]
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 16:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
FireDeath said:

... ya i never sleep i am such of zombie :)
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-01 16:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:
Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
FireDeath said:

... ya i never sleep i am such of zombie :)
And yet, you're only 3rd on Fenrir here.
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-01 16:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

People seem to be misunderstanding me, I would kick afk people from my groups just cause I'm an ***. I'd only be using a group I organize to build lights faster then it's piss easy to farm key items/af/time with a small group.

I had a whole writeup on how wrong people are for arguing with me, but I don't care. Enjoy being gimp~
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-01 16:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't even need a group if your only intent is getting lights built up for chest/af/key item. Big groups are nice for exp though once you are capped if that is your goal, capping xp is easy though.
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-01 16:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Don't even need a group if your only intent is getting lights built up for chest/af/key item. Big groups are nice for exp though once you are capped if that is your goal, capping xp is easy though.
I know, if I'm lazy I'll build light in a group though. Duoing capping lights is doable but isn't fun and pearlescent gets annoying especially~
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 16:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
And yet, you're only 3rd on Fenrir here.

yep, and i bet they killing they self as i do. /comfort to them.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-01 16:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No life!!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-01 16:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The Perfect Abyssea Party.
I. Party members must stay for the entire duration of the party
II. Party members must must keep a stash of food and beverages at their side so no one is accused of going AFK for food
III. Party members must keep a bucket or bottle for use of the bathroom so no one is accused of going AFK for bathroom
IV. Party members must be kept on a high caffine diet to prevent themselves from falling asleep and thus leeching exp.
V. If a party member is AWOL, they will be subjected to firing squad
VI. If a party member dies in real life from exhaustion. Then the Abyssea party is now Perfect and you should have accumulated mass amounts of exp, cruor, merits and sellables

[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-01 16:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
The Perfect Abyssea Party. I. Party members must stay for the entire duration of the party II. Party members must must keep a stash of food and beverages at their side so no one is accused of going AFK for food III. Party members must keep a bucket or bottle for use of the bathroom so no one is accused of going AFK for bathroom IV. Party members must be kept on a high caffine diet to prevent themselves from falling asleep and thus leeching exp. V. If a party member is AWOL, they will be subjected to firing squad VI. If a party member dies in real life from exhaustion. Then the Abyssea party is now Perfect and you should have accumulated mass amounts of exp, cruor, merits and sellables
lmao
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-11-01 16:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

II. Party members must must keep a stash of food and beverages at their side so no one is accused of going AFK for food
III. Party members must keep a bucket or bottle for use of the bathroom so no one is accused of going AFK for bathroom
IV. Party members must be kept on a high caffine diet to prevent themselves from falling asleep and thus leeching exp.
VI. If a party member dies in real life from exhaustion. Then the Abyssea party is now Perfect and you should have accumulated mass amounts of exp, cruor, merits and sellables

"mein kamppf" is actually a book where "supposly" hitler cry about everythin happenin to him in war/jail and what he though went wrong...
I often think of it when in abyssea too w
 Caitsith.Jessie
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-11-01 16:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, Volkom... point number III reminds me of the Still Gaming episode of ENN. Leaving to go to the washroom or to get a drink of Mountain Dew is no longer required with the Still Gaming suit!
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-01 16:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jessie said:
lol, Volkom... point number III reminds me of the Still Gaming episode of ENN. Leaving to go to the washroom or to get a drink of Mountain Dew is no longer required with the Still Gaming suit!
hehe =3
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 17:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i like that one.

but hmmm i think that a bit off what we talking here, afk to pee/poo is generally done in 5 min or i guess 15 min if you realyl have a lots of poo to eject, or really love the magazine you reading while doing poo. XD

anyway lol, issue was more about the ppl AFK'ing every 15 min for 30 min long, or just leeching period.

I. I'm sorry i did HNM all day and i am tire, you guy should understand my leeching. (FAIL)

II. I have super good gear, so even if i only play 15 min every hours is better then the guy spamming 100 dmg per WS. (FAIL)

III. I will spam Tachi: Koki all night even if my PT wipe. (FAIL)

IV. I'm watching TV and spam WS every 2,500 TP gain [lock @ 300% TP for 15 min long] so i am not AFK and no one will notice. (FAIL)

V. My name is Gpoteto on fenrir, ima join any PT and then play for 5 min and AFK 3h+ ( FAIL )

VI. Pfff.. Forget abyssea pickup PT, they are all wrong, let do it with my LS instead with the alway same leecher and i can't ever leech bc i am not loved as the 6 main player of this LS (FAIL)

VII. Woot i am a retard BLACKMAGE, ima make fun of DD and hide on a cliff and nuke strong and make all DD running around all night to get back the mob!! (FAIL)

So ya go go and add more of your bad experience, would be fun to hear.

VIII. _____________________________________ (FAIL)

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-01 17:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:
lol i like that one. but hmmm i think that a bit off what we talking here, afk to pee/poo is generally done in 5 min or i guess 15 min if you realyl have a lots of poo to eject, or really love the magazine you reading while doing poo. XD anyway lol, issue was more about the ppl AFK'ing every 15 min for 30 min long, or just leeching period. I. I'm sorry i did HNM all day and i am tire, you guy should understand my leeching. (FAIL)
II. I have super good gear, so even if i only play 15 min every hours is better then the guy spamming 100 dmg per WS. (FAIL)
III. I will spam Tachi: Koki all night even if my PT wipe. (FAIL) IV. I'm watching TV and spam WS every 2,500 TP gain [lock @ 300% TP for 15 min long] so i am not AFK and no one will notice. (FAIL)
V. My name is Gpoteto on fenrir, ima join any PT and then play for 5 min and AFK 3h+ ( FAIL )
VI. Pfff.. Forget abyssea pickup PT, they are all wrong, let do it with my LS instead with the alway same leecher and i can't ever leech bc i am not loved as the 6 main player of this LS (FAIL)
VII. Woot i am a retard BLACKMAGE, ima make fun of DD and hide on a cliff and nuke strong and make all DD running around all night to get back the mob!! (FAIL) So ya go go and add more of your bad experience, would be fun to hear.
VIII. _____________________________________ (FAIL)
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-11-01 17:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:

VII. Woot i am a retard BLACKMAGE, ima make fun of DD and hide on a cliff and nuke strong and make all DD running around all night to get back the mob!! (FAIL)

well u know almost everythin you nuke in abyssea make mob come on u, and this even more when HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE leader of ally dont take a tank for voke mob...
so what can u do as blm if mob run on u ? u're supposed to nuke it no ?

and ally dont care 90% of the time if you have to get finish blow or not ...so u just nuke at start of fight hopin mob will not be dead before end of cast...
Blm is not easy in abyssea ;x
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 17:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude...

Wait, what?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10