Does MAB Affect Drain?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Does MAB affect drain?
Does MAB affect drain?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-01 21:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Who the *** cares about 30mp? lol, seriously mp is a non issue these days. There is a mnd belt with more mnd than witch sash, why would you need it for the mnd? If you can't squeeze one inventory space to make your jobs better, you aren't doing it right.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-01 21:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not pushing you to get it, but you know you could drop Sorcerer's belt/Witch Sash and have the exact same inventory after picking up Cognition/Cognizant >_> Just sayin.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-01 22:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
New search function on bg sucks ***. I wanted more pics or direct numbers tho, would be interesting to see what its capable of. I barely notice the difference with hiru earring/excelsis ring so was just interested in what numbers it can do.

I don't have pics, sorry.

It's known that it is a +25% increase in potency with the Dark Affinity: Magic Damage +4 Yama's staff.

If a Drain was going to do 100 dmg, then with that Yama's staff it would do 125 dmg. If the Drain was 1/2 resisted it would do 125/2 = 62, as opposed to the 50 dmg it would have done without the staff (100/2 = 50).

Excelsis ring seems to be ~5% potency.

Hirudinea Earring seems to be ~3% potency.
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-11-01 22:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow. I'm actually glad I stumbled onto this page.

I quite literally didn't know this. I thought MAB affected all spells' base damage (even as far as casting Cure on an undead mob). Seriously, thanks for making this page.

Does the same thing apply to Magic Affinity? Like, if I got Dark Magic Affinity +1, and cast Drain, would that increase the damage or just the accuracy? I ask this because I'm wondering if meriting Convergence on my Blue Mage was worth the 3 merits I put into it...
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-01 22:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Naw use witch sash over that when anrin obi is inactive, well I do.
Witch sash does not increase Drain's potency (although it does provide Macc). Crimson belt increases Drain's potency and accuracy, and also helps with interruptions.
Pretty sure the macc testing showed weather doesn't affect macc and maybe not drain too
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-01 22:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I went 1 convergence 1 assimilation 3 enchainment 5 assimilation. And I mp drainkiss in this ...

Old set, I dont actually change weapon ever not even really needed after chain affinity solo sc >> burst affinity mb mp drainkiss with plutos lose an attack round and some dot/tp not worth it. I also sold philomath too.

I personally havent found convergence very useful or that powerful though.

edit: and also im fairly certain excelsis doesnt count for mp drainkiss.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-01 22:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Naw use witch sash over that when anrin obi is inactive, well I do.
Witch sash does not increase Drain's potency (although it does provide Macc). Crimson belt increases Drain's potency and accuracy, and also helps with interruptions.
Pretty sure the macc testing showed weather doesn't affect macc and maybe not drain too

Huh? I was talking about Crimson belt's Dark magic skill giving potency, macc, and helping with interruptions.

anrin obi is:

+10% potency during darks day.
+10% potency during single dark weather.
+20% potency during darks day + single dark weather.
+25% potency during double dark weather.
+35% potency during darks day + double dark weather.