Minecraft, Another Web Browser Blunder Or A Gem In

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Minecraft, another web browser blunder or a gem in
Minecraft, another web browser blunder or a gem in
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-28 23:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
oh i was thinking about posting a minecraft thread =D
ive been playing it all month and finally bought it last week, its ULTRA fun. my main playthrough is a snow map with floating islands (naturally generated too). im in the process of building a skycastle on the nearest floating island to my original base.

i have a pretty cool mine too, it ran into a cave thats absolutely huge, im still in the process of exploring it after a week.

i'd love to join you on a server fli, i've wanted to do the multiplayer, but i don't really know anyone on the minecraft forums.

last thing, i promise. anyone try out the broville map? i got it the other day and its pretty awesome.

edit: ok i lied. i'd definitely reccomend checking out SeaNanners's channel on youtube, he has an awesome mincraft series on there.

Sounds good, I'd like to find a group of people to join a minecraft community, I've got a spare server that I'll be able to keep up 24/7 for everyone. I'll get onto getting it working later on tomorrow.

I just subbed him, sounds good! I created a sky tower but zombies sieged it because I forgot fences ; ; and I'm terrified in mines.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-28 23:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, i'm a wimp and play on peaceful XD

but i only just learned the other day that peaceful doesnt spawn mobs =/

sounds like fun, though my PC has trouble handling minecraft, so i'll mostly have to play on my mac, which i get access to every other week
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-10-29 23:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
lol, i'm a wimp and play on peaceful XD

but i only just learned the other day that peaceful doesnt spawn mobs =/

sounds like fun, though my PC has trouble handling minecraft, so i'll mostly have to play on my mac, which i get access to every other week

yea. i discovered this myself. wanted to get a "easy" start to learn the game and such. so i selected "peace" to learn. and planned on changing to higher later. couldn't enjoy nearly as much as with dangers!. also. i wouldn't mind starting a place up on a server. building massive cave houses is no fun when there's nobody there to check it out.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-30 20:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

bump
By brahmdut 2010-10-30 21:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

those wonderful graphics hurt my EYES
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-30 23:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

brahmdut said:
those wonderful graphics hurt my EYES

Casual
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-30 23:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
oh i was thinking about posting a minecraft thread =D
ive been playing it all month and finally bought it last week, its ULTRA fun. my main playthrough is a snow map with floating islands (naturally generated too). im in the process of building a skycastle on the nearest floating island to my original base.

i have a pretty cool mine too, it ran into a cave thats absolutely huge, im still in the process of exploring it after a week.

i'd love to join you on a server fli, i've wanted to do the multiplayer, but i don't really know anyone on the minecraft forums.

last thing, i promise. anyone try out the broville map? i got it the other day and its pretty awesome.

edit: ok i lied. i'd definitely reccomend checking out SeaNanners's channel on youtube, he has an awesome mincraft series on there.

Sounds good, I'd like to find a group of people to join a minecraft community, I've got a spare server that I'll be able to keep up 24/7 for everyone. I'll get onto getting it working later on tomorrow.

I just subbed him, sounds good! I created a sky tower but zombies sieged it because I forgot fences ; ; and I'm terrified in mines.

what is the deal with this anyway

ffxi and i are in the midst of a tiff

is this what i am supposed to buy
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-31 10:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

the big halloween update is out! definitely looks fun. then nether is totally freaky
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2010-10-31 10:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm intrigued. Gonna give the free version a whirl after I've installed Java.
 Siren.Chrichri
Server: Siren
user: Chrichri
By Siren.Chrichri 2010-10-31 10:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh man it's funny this thread popped up just now. I was talking in my LS to a guy about possibly buying it not even 10 minutes ago. I've been semi-interested for a few weeks now but just recently began looking into the game mechanics more to see what can be done. That cave looks really cool Flion.

Check out the vids on youtube of people placing tons of TNT inside a cave and blowing up half the game... Let's see if I can do this link thing right.

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-04 10:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Skip ahead to 55s for the lols if you are impatient.

I've been playing the ***out of Minecraft since I bought it the other day. Absolutely amazing game.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-11-04 15:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

bought this today, *** awesome game
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-11-04 15:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, yes it is.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-04 15:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun fact. According to the website the game has sold 545,784 copies right now.

At ~$14USD per copy, thats $7,640,976USD and the game is still in Alpha!
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-11-04 16:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

yep, Notch is pretty rich right now,. He's currently working on starting up a business now because of this game, which started out with only him making it.

PCGamer has already had a few articles about it, and also sent him a special magazine cover that was made for minecraft.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-11-04 16:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish the industry did more to encourage creative new talent like this. Unfortunately, the budgets on AAA products has gotten so high, game industry management is unwilling to gamble such large amounts of money on products that aren't already proven successes. Hence why we're now getting yearly Call of Duty and Madden releases, and just about every new major game released this year is a numbered sequel.

Good for this guy for doing his own thing, focusing on fun and design over graphics and gimmicks, and making (apparently) a shitton of money in the process.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-04 16:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

He just had an interview with Steam to get it officially supported at beta. Same thing happened for Garry Newman with Gmod. It was free up to Gmod10, then Steam partnered with him, and they both won. That has to be easily one of the best £10 games to get (probably cheaper these days)

Indie devs deserve all the money they can get, Indie games are some of the few games I'll refuse to pirate.
 Bismarck.Aena
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2010-11-04 16:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been watching SeaNanners's "Let's Play Minecraft" videos since my brother showed me. Aughhh, I really want to try it!
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-11-04 16:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This game is great. Worth every penny. Although it's probably more addicting than The Sims, so be careful. XD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Rekeanke
user: Rekeanke
By Cerberus.Rekeanke 2010-11-04 17:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
I tried to play this a bit, but for some reason my pc doesn't like it that much so it runs extremely laggy.

It doesn't seem like something that should be difficult to play with any system.
Have you tried turning the fog on by pressing F? I also had a hard time running the game till I started using fog, cause its mostly the game trying to load everything on the screen.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-11-04 18:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jessie said:
This game is great. Worth every penny. Although it's probably more addicting than The Sims, so be careful. XD

yeah i spent like 4 hours today exploring a cavern...

so addicting

i accidently almost drowned myself when i was making an exit out of the cavern too <.<;;;
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-04 19:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:

so addicting

i accidently almost drowned myself when i was making an exit out of the cavern too <.<;;;
That has been my evenings since I bought the game. Explore a cave, mine a little bit and find a new cave attached. Explore that cave, hear monster sounds from behind a wall, try to find them! Break through into a new cave where the monsters are... etc. Its never ending and absolutely fun :D
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-11-04 19:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:

so addicting

That has been my evenings since I bought the game. Explore a cave, mine a little bit and find a new cave attached. Explore that cave, hear monster sounds from behind a wall, try to find them! Break through into a new cave where the monsters are... etc. Its never ending and absolutely fun :D

oh atm i turned off the monsters cuz i had like a spider, 2 zombies, and 3 or 4 creepers right after eachother(3 creepers were at the same time -.-) and i died so i decided i just wanted to explore for now(til i want TNT, then i'll kill creepers for the gunpowder)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-05 18:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So I built a tower ages ago.

I decided to explore it again after ages... and

They're learning ; ;
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-11-05 18:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
So I built a tower ages ago.

I decided to explore it again after ages... and

They're learning ; ;

nice tower flion,

ive built a small town <.<;;;

idk why, i had lots of cobblestone so i just built a bunch of buildings

wish i had a tower like that thou xD
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-05 18:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

lol it was on my first old world, I was exploring them again.
 Bismarck.Danz
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-11-06 00:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Fun fact. According to the website the game has sold 545,784 copies right now.

At ~$14USD per copy, thats $7,640,976USD and the game is still in Alpha!

its amazing what happens when people price games at a reasonable price. doesn't cause 90393981282 of there custamers to pirate.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-11-06 01:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

is that doku' rpg pack flion?

i've been wanting to find a good pack, but i really just want something thats very minor tweaks to the default. I'd do it myself, but modding on mac is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and and i dont have a decent photo editor. (i have paintbrush, but i cant make transparencies).

anyways, how is everyone enjoying the halloween update?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-08 04:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw this on Kotaku this morning:

[+]