What Should I Level Next?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What should I level next?
What should I level next?
 Alexander.Trixan
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2010-10-24 05:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway, I need some opinions what I should level next since I have a hard time choosing.

MNK- I thought I already have HTH merits and Evasion skill from PUP capped why not level it?

WHM- More like my brother is forcing it on me, but I kinda like standing around curing all day lol.

THF- Was my first job, was tempting to level it if I ever had a chance at TH IV.

BRD- As I stated before, I like standing around (even though bards run around alot). I also like having a large arsenal of spells and I always wanted to level this job. However lack of space = where do the instruments go :/

SCH- I definately wanted to play this job but I lost interest for awhile after I saw my brother make it look not so fun. However, I still want to have a some what nuking job and not be BLM.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-24 06:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Blm.

/nod
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-24 06:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

sch is fun and your brother is a bum for making it look bad in your eyes hehe. mine is 85 and its seriously fun biz
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-24 06:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC. It's like all those jobs in one. Minus the nuking.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-24 06:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

COR!
 Alexander.Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2010-10-24 06:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about COR, but its sooo expensive D:.

I don't really like DNC that much :/
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-24 07:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM if played properly is alot more then just standing around curing all day (just my two cents)

MNK - looks fun ( i haven't leveled it personally but smart way to maximize your merits.

THF- with the new abssyea zones TF4 is definitely much more obtainable now for most.

BRD- Definitely a nice job (alot of versatility as well) but definitely requires a mule to store all your gear if you have more then 1 job.

SCH- Shame on your brother for making SCH not look fun (although playstyles can be so individual) I myself soloed it in the same mobs as BLM solo mobs.

You said you want a "somewhat" nuking job but NOT blm ..You forgot RDM which is nice to have as well.

And BLM is NOT* that bad to level now with the new zones, BLMs are highly sought after.

Whatever you choose to level, enjoy yourself!
[+]
 Alexander.Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2010-10-24 08:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, I don't feel like leveling rdm blm or drk because my brother did and I refuse to level the same job lol
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-10-24 08:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
DNC. It's like all those jobs in one. Minus the nuking.

And also very gay
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-24 08:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Trixan said:
Unfortunately, I don't feel like leveling rdm blm or drk because my brother did and I refuse to level the same job lol

Shame on you for letting your brother's experience dictate your gameplay.

That being said :3

IF you don't want to level anything that your brother did (that leaves out RDM, BLM, SCH, DRK~ iirc)
That leaves you -
BLU- a very fun DD AND nuking (sort of job) which is not *that* expensive and farming spells is quite fun
SMN- a combo nuking (sortof) and pet job - also a fun job and very solo friendly!
NIN- for elemental wheel spam (does require a considerable amount of space and gil though)

That is about all if you want to "nuke" stuff.

Alexander.Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2010-10-24 08:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU and SMN 85 already and I personally love those 2 jobs. I also pretty much fully merited them as well lol. Nin is meh i think its okay I'm considering it kinda but I have like no gear for it lol.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-24 08:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Trixan said:
BLU and SMN 85 already and I personally love those 2 jobs. I also pretty much fully merited them as well lol. Nin is meh i think its okay I'm considering it kinda but I have like no gear for it lol.
I don't think think at 57*i believe* youa re giving ninja a fair chance

When you merit San spells and spam the elemental wheel it is EXTREMELY different then @ 57 wearing your SH and af1 ~.o

Which by the way, is all you should be concerned with at this level anyways :D

Seems to me that you already want to know what you are leveling, OR you do not feel like leveling anything at all since every point about a job as been shot down lol. So go log on, pick something and play!

And by the way, looking at your job levels, I would say that half the jobs you shot down, you definitely are not at a level to even give a valid opinion of yet, as most jobs are not even showing true potential until much higher.

Again just my two cents!
 Alexander.Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2010-10-24 08:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well :o I recently got NIN to 57 to equip Hocho (100 cooking). BLM RDM WHM THF NIN DNC SCH were subs. The rest yeah pretty much what you said.