Easy Pray Target List (Trial Of The Magian)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Easy Pray Target List (Trial of the magian)
Easy Pray Target List (Trial of the magian)
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-10-24 00:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok. i want to compile a nice list of Easy pray targets for the Trial of the Magian quest lines. the quests require that you ether kill a specific target or group of targets. sometimes in a specific way. and and even more.. sometimes on special days and weathers. YIKES! but i'm hoping this guide (feel free to contribute to help) will be a very useful one to help decide where to go for what targets

To start. i want to start with Super Families (SF) (groups of types. example: lizards)

also for day specific depends on what weapon your working on. for example most DD weapon users are going for STR+attack which allign with fire. so if your fire+beasts that would be a "hot" day to fight the element specific mob

Beasts: Causal bunnies there are tuns of them. best bet is probably Variable Hare in Uleguerand range. or beach bunnies in Terrigan. if its fires day Manticores near garuda usaly has a nice group killing them on fires day.

Lizards: Kuftal Tunnel or Cape Teriggan usually have TUNS of people doing lizards on fires day. team up with them, and non fires day there still Easy Pray solo

Vermin: Crawlers nest has a few Knight crawler. no great place for large element specific group however there isn't many spawns ~6-8 ish. Wamoura Prince are great for groups. usaly people working on those on fires day.

Plantoids: Mandragora in The boyahda Tree. TUNS of them and Thundersday seems to be a hot time for element weapons

Aquans: Kuftal Tunnel TUNS of crabs there. all the old school players know this! agan fire is a sweet time for these

Amorphs: not fun to fight by any DD. most resist other then worms. your best bet with these is join a abyssea run that's doing them
other choice is Flan. you could go do those on fires day and get a good ~70 or so a day

Birds: the game has TUNS of bird options. obviously for convenience its going to be lesser colibri in wajam woodlands. or be more exploring and kill birds in sky. but you could always make a non-abyssea party and kill the ones in Misareaux Coast.

Undead: KRT. tuns there. not exactly Easy pray for solo. good spot for elemental being tuns of them there. if your out to solo then the ones skellies in the basement of Eldieme Necropolis would do better. or the ones in the basement of Garlaige Citadel

Arcana: boatloads in sky. probably best bet for elemental days if the numbers are strong. if your a smaller group or soloing Ro'Meave is a great place. particularly on Thunders day

Dragons: what twisted mind would add these to the Trial quests!.. oh... SE..
surprisingly Puks are considered dragons. kinda chancy soloing these however suggest a group. there isn't much others that can be done efficiently not much options for solo-ers on these
Riverne#B01 has EP ignidrakes for dragons.

Demons: Demons in castle Zvahl Baileys is a great place for em. if your looking for easy-as-pie soloing there is some weak-sauce imps near the Einherjar entrance. 3 spawn there with respawn of 5 min. kinda slow. but can almost do it without looking!

Elementals can be farmed in West Sarutabaruta (S) by killing SMN pets near the Giddeus entrance. A well played and well geared BLM can easily hit 60-70 kills in a single game day (with a little MP support)

none of the other faimlies are used for Trial of the magian quests... yet..
*hopes SE doesn't add the others*

if you have any tips/suggestions/notes you would like to add to help people
know where to go to fight. by all means post em! i couldn't find any other
guides so i made this. hope it helps!
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-10-24 00:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Your missing Plantoids . Rafflesias @ the Fort!
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-10-24 00:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

in need of a hot spot for fires-day + vermin if anybody has any suggestions. otherwise it looks like I'm soloing EP knight crawlers at a snails pase for my next trial
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-24 00:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

riverne#b01 has EP ignidrakes for dragons.

Though if any blm catches you doing them when theyre doing varunas+1 staff theyre gonna kill you!
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-10-24 01:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Recluse Spiders at Kuftal Tunnel not count as EP anymore at 85? That might be a shot for Vermins on Firesday, if they're still good for EXP.

Elementals can be farmed in West Sarutabaruta (S) by killing SMN pets near the Giddeus entrance. A well played and well geared BLM can easily hit 60-70 kills in a single game day (with a little MP support)

I like this idea for a list BTW =) It might help to organize the families by alphabet so that it might be easier to look for, or convince a mod to start tables or something =p
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-10-24 01:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For vermin, There are biddybugs in Jugner [s) closeish to the east ron entrance and basically everything is vermin in attohwa.
Aquas, around the tower in Vunkerl Inlet [s) are alot of pugil and crabs.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-10-24 01:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

the 57-59 pugils in toraimarai count for aquans, i did them for my ramuh trial
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2010-10-24 01:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Camping on top of a legitimate exp party at leypoint seems to be the in thing now too.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-24 01:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
riverne#b01 has EP ignidrakes for dragons. Though if any blm catches you doing them when theyre doing varunas+1 staff theyre gonna kill you!
Puks are considered Dragons~ they're EP and there's usually DNCs, THFs, and NINs doing them.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-24 02:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

are the dragon trials "dragons" or specifically wyverns?

cuz thats what the final ice staff is ._. 250 wyverns
 Ragnarok.Zanno
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-24 02:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Vermins

Spiders all over the place in wajaom and bhaflau, and very common with wind weather. Diremites (Pso'Xja, Aydeewa) and wamoura (Mount Zhayolm, Halvung) is vermin too, incase you have 2 trials active (for example 1 for 300 vermins and 1 for 250 wamoura).
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-24 02:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bees in wajaom are friggin awesome for vermin.

There is a spot near top left of the map that has a nest of like 13 I think. Can 1 shot them on blu if jas are up. Hell I can do almost 50% AOE with jas and whirl of rage lol

Very squishy and there are some spiders nearby too

God though this 700 vermin trial is still killing me
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-24 02:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm doing 700 vermins too ><

I've been doing bees some while waiting on weather, damn bees have done up toward 850 dmg with final sting though. Anyone who fights them should keep that in mind and keep their HP high =P
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-24 02:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
I'm doing 700 vermins too ><

I've been doing bees some while waiting on weather, damn bees have done up toward 850 dmg with final sting though. Anyone who fights them should keep that in mind and keep their HP high =P
Lol yeah some of my friends have got hit that high but I don't think I've eatten more than 400 or so. But I eat tacos since I tend to be tanking multiple ones at once. So I think that might be making a bit of a difference... oh yeah and I fight in my pdt swd too alot lol

Like one time just had a nin gather them all and I did CAEFF whirl of rage, then benthic typhoon, actinic burst. Try to stay alive till whirl was back up and finish them
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-24 02:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Have anyone noticed how you sometimes get 6 kills rather than 5 during weather?

I had this happen on puks and diremites (that I've noticed)

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-24 02:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Day + weather?
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-24 02:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I didnt know it counted like day +1 weather +5 = 6, I thought it was either or.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-24 02:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it does and would explain the 6s but I don't think I've tested it myself. Mostly cause 99.9% of my weather and/or day trials were done on day in a zone that probably can't get that weather lol
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-24 03:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had to.

(Sorry for derailing thread btw)
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer