Forum » FFXIVPro.com » Suggestions » Item / Recipe data XML
Item / Recipe data XML
 Valefor.Shaone
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Shaone
By Valefor.Shaone 2010-10-20 06:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I know there used to be a page on ffxiah.com ( /dev?) that had the item data exported out. Any chance that there could be something like this for 14 with the item/recipe data?

Reason I ask is I want to make a sum total calculator (not necessarily online one, perhaps an app), that would take any given item and give sum totals for crystal and materials involved.

Where materials required are from synths that give multiple items, it could calculate on a fractional basis, with an option to select different material recipes where there are multiple ones available, or at any point in the tree you could instead terminate with a branch base item cost, to represent items you would have to get made by another crafter. Dealing with HQ would be trickier, particularly items which only come from HQ1/2/3 etc., so there would be some need to override parts of the chain. Perhaps the ability to add a synthesis time factor on the materials, so you easily approximate the time you invest on a particular item.

Alternatively, if it's a case of it being too early days or not wanting to share the data (which is reasonable enough)... then perhaps a suggestion that this feature could be implemented on the site. Would certainly be something to set this site apart from the rest in terms of crafting intelligence in 14.

And yes, it would be a *** to write. :)

Now I think about it... probably worth waiting to see if this game continues to bomb before investing a big chunk of time into something like that... but I'll post anyway just so it's out there.