Carabosse duo/trio/lowman Guide
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Oblit
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-10-15 12:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting a lot of PMs and tells from people asking how I solo Key items and Duo(3box BRD) Carabosse. So I decided to make a small guide.

It took a lot of preparation, I've been thinking about an efficient way to low man Carabosse since the day the info about Turul's atma was discovered.

I started preparing and getting my mule(BRD) and my wife's(RDM) atma for it, I also started working on getting all Abyssite of merits and furtherances.

Then the new expansion was released with better Refresh and DD atmas. I remember before the new expansion, Ascetic's fury was already doing the best damage on Carabosse, a lot better than WAR and SAM weaponskills. So after I tried Ascetic's fury with Razed Ruins atma, I immediately thought about using it on Carabosse.

I started working on acquiring pop sets, I tried shouting to buy pop sets but I only got 2 sellers after shouting for 4 straight days. So I decided to solo my pop sets on my MNK, The fly was tough first try, I used up all my meds and almost got killed. But when I changed to Mounted Champion atma(Regen:Superior VIT:Superior), it went a lot smoother. Just make sure you stun(Shoulder tackle) the Fly's Aeroga 3 or it will spam you with 4-6 TP moves if Aeroga 3 goes off. Baba yaga is really easy.

Carabosse fight Setup:MNK/NIN(me), RDM/WHM(wife) and BRD/WHM(my mule)

Atmas:

MNK/NIN: Atma of the Razed Ruins + Atma of the Sanguine Scythe
RDM/WHM: Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity + Atma of Allure
BRD/WHM: Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity + Atma of the Deep Devourer

Straight tank, do as much damage as possible, Keep buffs/debuffs on.

I have 3.4k HP with Carbonara. Carabosse favorite thing to do is to stun or mute me then followed with Aero V or Tornado 2 to the face, which will normally do 1k-3.3k damage. So I barely have enough HP to survive the spells.

One of my jobs is to make sure my HP is always capped, throwing Cure 4s from my BRD mule. To give my wife some time to keep debuff/rebuff etc. And sometimes Cure 4 spams from BRD and RDM are not even enough. I always buy Lucid potion 2 from the cruor prospector, It instantly recovers 1k hp, which is very relialable.

I got one shotted 4-5 times total, there was no point for me to reraise and wait for weakened timer, when it takes me about 85 seconds to HP and come back. My wife would kite her around the lake while waiting for me to come back.

It takes about 11-20 minutes to kill Carabosse with this setup. We got help on some fights which made fights a lot faster, more DDs jobs like Ranger and Warrior.

It took us about 6 days to get all my gems(from 6-50).

Good luck!

[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-15 12:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I have any particular interest in upgrading the Masamune, it's still nice of you to offer insight into a lowman setup against this *** of a fairy. I find getting that goddamn fly key item is actually the hardest part though ><!!! Friend is 0/31.

How powerful are Carabosse's physical attacks? If her main damage is wind based spells, a Dipper Yuly PT would absolutely annihilate her, since Yuly resists wind damage with a 95% rate, and unresisted wind element damage has a 50% Damage penalty applied to it.
[+]
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-10-15 13:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually plan on doing this monday, gonna be 4-boxing a brd rdm and thf and mnk, wondering if 2 mnks would be better than bringing the extra thf.
[+]
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-10-15 13:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

wow thanks man, I tried to low man carabosse once and it was horrible with just 4 people, we were at a standstill having carabosse at 90% and it wasn't budging lol. I guess having the right atmas is the way to low man it.
Blade looks badass, Congratulations!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-15 13:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

he forgot to mention, having pimp gear also helps
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-15 14:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

We've done Carabosse MNK WHM BRD before, same thing. It's not at all threatening. Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure it was MNK/WAR for us. Like them, we had sexy atma as well.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-10-15 14:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carabosse doesn't have movement speed and only uses arrow attacks when you're not within melee range, in fact she spams them for very low damage. Can easily cannonball her to death if you wanna solo. Same with the other key item nms. Kite around the pond near the pixies (the small one). As a blu, you can easily farm time extensions as well so you don't have to waste stones. The flies are easy solo. Just be careful of links.
[+]
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-10-15 14:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
Carabosse doesn't have movement speed and only uses arrow attacks when you're not within melee range, in fact she spams them for very low damage. Can easily cannonball her to death if you wanna solo. Same with the other key item nms. Kite around the pond near the pixies (the small one). As a blu, you can easily farm time extensions as well so you don't have to waste stones. The flies are easy solo. Just be careful of links.

But after a certain ammount of dmg is done to her she switches to whm mode and cure spams herself, which would be hard to cannonball solo.
[+]
 Ramuh.Trapt
Server: Ramuh
user: DMCrocker
By Ramuh.Trapt 2010-10-15 14:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Which h2h do you use on your mnk?
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-15 15:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fire Taipang Fangs +1
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-10-15 16:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats man ^^
[+]
 Sylph.Zefyr
Server: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-10-15 16:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Major props, dude. This gives me hope again for finishing Masamune within the next year, lol.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-15 17:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sinharvest said:
I actually plan on doing this monday, gonna be 4-boxing a brd rdm and thf and mnk, wondering if 2 mnks would be better than bringing the extra thf.

4 boxing, seriously? how the hell do you even do that?
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-15 17:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Using a bot most likely. PL bot for RDM, script for bard, thf just for TH and him on mnk
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-15 17:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Odin.Sinharvest said:

bots and skill
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-15 17:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the best way to farm the triggers is amber lights/farming. Can do this fine with a setup of roughly MNK BRD DNC RDM and kill pretty swiftly.

Also @ Draylo, Can play MNK and RDM fine without bots, BRD is probably a script and tagging isn't hard.
[+]
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-10-15 20:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Odin.Sinharvest said:

3 Cpu's brd and thf on one pc, brd using a script, Me controlling mnk, and a bot for the rdm. If I get desperate I can always get my wife to control a player. *She does not play but this game is not difficult*

*edit*: Using a bot for rdm is mostly convenience it is no where near difficult to control both at the same time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-10-15 23:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you use script on BRD?
[+]
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-10-16 00:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I would not say script, more like a repeating macro which goes through march march elegy.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-10-16 00:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

nice info, thanks and grats
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-16 00:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

and CG on your stage 1 masamune Oblit, its a weapon I hope to complete soon hehe. Need to find a duo/trio group for Urd still lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-10-16 01:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

urd is probably easily soloed, it was a ridiculously easy duo at 80 with an eva tank and a healer.
[+]
 Cerberus.Oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-10-17 01:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Finished!

Damage is insane, it's not even fair, was killing older abyssea NMs within 10-20 seconds.

[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-10-17 02:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

>mfw i saw those ss's

MY AMANO

IT WEEPS

[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-17 02:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If there was any doubt of how broken the game is now, let it be lifted here =.=a

4.4k Weaponskills, /cry

I'm so happy D:
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-10-17 02:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

amazing! seing mnk go to good use makes me happy
[+]
 Asura.Steam
By Asura.Steam 2010-10-17 06:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

<Square Enix> Brb, breaking the game.
[+]
 Caitsith.Ejin
Guide Maker
Server: Caitsith
user: Ejin
By Caitsith.Ejin 2010-10-17 06:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you ever try for red !!'s on your trios? The jobs you used can only use 3-5 of the possible 13. I found it alot easier farming KI's on Sam which can use 7 all by itself, mage/whm makes it 8, then add in thf to cover 10 of the 13 possible red !! triggers for 100% KI. This is really more helpful on Heqet for lamps though. If it's anything like my server, there are many JPs camping it, and getting KI 90% of the time(27 KI out of 30 kills) really helped in lowering the amount i had to actually camp.

Also, did you ever farm the pop items or just buy it from AH. There were times even with TH4 i wouldn't get a pop item for over 10min, especially orobons >_<.

Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2010-10-17 06:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Not that I have any particular interest in upgrading the Masamune, it's still nice of you to offer insight into a lowman setup against this *** of a fairy. I find getting that goddamn fly key item is actually the hardest part though ><!!! Friend is 0/31.

How powerful are Carabosse's physical attacks? If her main damage is wind based spells, a Dipper Yuly PT would absolutely annihilate her, since Yuly resists wind damage with a 95% rate, and unresisted wind element damage has a 50% Damage penalty applied to it.
Had my Yuly tank her last night for a bit when we lost half our people to aoe spam, which does ~700 damage during her "WAR" form. Between Garuda, a puppet and Yuly (who had hate) in ~16% hp Yuly lost about 1.5k, with being hit by Breakga twice.
She's not THAT accurate with Spiral spin + 18 pet eva axe, nothing to be worried about with a Yuly army anyway.

With 5% damage hat, Stout servant etc I think she hit for ~110, don't remember if there was an en- effect or not.

Only stage I see you having problems with is possibly WHM, as she does love to spam healing on herself sometimes.
First Page 2 3