Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Ancient currency undercuttin
Ancient currency undercuttin
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2010-10-14 15:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

idk if this is happenin on other servers but on gilgamesh these r tards are undercutting currency prices -.- O bronze has been seen from 10k-12k byne bills 4-5.5k white shells 9-12k, and im just wonderin why the hell would u undercut currency...people are going to buy therm no matter the price. no reason to undercut yourself and then everyone else
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-10-14 15:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Because Dynamis is a ***-load easier now at 85.
So you can easily low-man farm it and flood the currency market.

That, and trial weapons are the new flavor.
So people may not be going for a Relic anymore as they would be a Fully Upgraded Trial Weapon.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-10-14 15:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What did you plan on achieving by posting this exactly?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2010-10-14 15:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

though that is true you can still put a magian trial on relic weapons and they still imo top everything else in most cases. thing is though last night i sold 200 o bronze from a dyna sandy run for 14k per peice since im not undercutting, they sold in about 2 hours. just no reason to lower price people will still buy them
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2010-10-14 15:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

@dale wonering why people were undercutting and also wondering if it wasnt just this lolserver
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-10-14 15:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
What did you plan on achieving by posting this exactly?

He's probably loosing money in Rolenmart on Dyna-Currency.
So in order to stop people from undercutting... he has posted it on FFXIAH.com...
where ALL of Rolenmart browses the forums on a daily basis...
or so he thinks.

don't want to be the one to tell him he's mistaken
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-14 15:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really hard to push currency at current prices, when (Horn and Shield not withstanding) you're asking people to pay 100M+ for a Tier-2 weapon, and then work for another 2-3months to make it acceptable.
By Pawnskipper 2010-10-14 15:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL. Im one of those "undercutters". I have quite a few O bronze for sale for 12k each. I do this for a few reasons.
1) I dont really need em so they are invy -1
2) They are highly liquidable; I would rather have money I CAN spend.
3) I feel the person working on their relic would aprreciate a small price discout every now and then.

If you really dont like it, why not buy the undercutters stock and sell at normal price? Could make a decent return.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-14 15:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much what Zic said. Several relics have already been trumped by Empyreans, and empyreans are probably going to improve (relics will probably continue on the additional acc/atk progress). Relics also take additional mundane and assinine trials to even get them back on par. Killing 10,000 mobs with *** WS killshots and all that *** is enough to make me not want one.

If currency dropped to 5/5/2, I still wouldn't upgrade a relic.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-10-14 15:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Even when currency was not so easily farmed I normally undercutted at least 1k under everyone else.

Sure I may be losing 10-20k overall, but i'd rather have the gil then to spend on stuff I need now rather then have to sit around losing gameplay time just so I can make a minimal amount back.
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2010-10-14 15:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

@ kuz thats cool...i only posted wondering if it was happening on any other server and to wonder why its happening thats all nothing else :S
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-10-14 15:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Being honest here, complaining about the issue isn't going to fix it.. Definitely not on FFXIAH of all places.
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2010-10-14 15:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

:S i understand undercutting a little, but not the way its going on in gilgamesh people are cutting prices by ~4k wont be suprised to see byne bills @ 3k soon
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2010-10-14 15:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

@dale again im not complaining im wondering if its going on in any other servers and why people were doing it that is all
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-10-14 15:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Lunatone said:
:S i understand undercutting a little, but not the way its going on in gilgamesh people are cutting prices by ~4k wont be suprised to see byne bills @ 3k soon

It's more the fact that Dynamis is getting extremely easy to lowman now that the cap is raising, which means more currency hitting the market.

If prices don't drop as the supply gets larger, then you'll have more and more currency not selling, so the logical thing would be to drop the price to push the product out faster.

Supply and Demand.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-10-14 15:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

idk about you but ive seen currency that price for quite a while now..
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2010-10-14 15:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i see catnip :S
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-14 15:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

keep it falling! besides, I bet you most of dynamis is paid for fishbot'ed, npc'd, black sole anyway.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Piraal
Server: Diabolos
user: Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2010-10-14 15:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

supply and demand, if there was demand....

With the walk of echo weapons being so easy to obtain you have to expect the demand for the currency to go down. I'm not at all surprised to see the prices dropping.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-14 15:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pawnskipper said:
If you really dont like it, why not buy the undercutters stock and sell at normal price? Could make a decent return.
This..you can make some serious coin doing this. Expecially if your currency is still selling fine. You could make 2~4k profit for litterally nothing. Screw actually doing dynamis you could make a decent living just doing this..well as long as retards keep selling to you low, and retards keep buying from you high.
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-14 15:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
It's really hard to push currency at current prices, when (Horn and Shield not withstanding) you're asking people to pay 100M+ for a Tier-2 weapon, and then work for another 2-3months to make it acceptable.

^

Relics will always be one of the top weapons in the game but I can tell you it is not *** worth the trials.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-14 15:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

well, in the end there will be a static price, since dynamis *does* cost 500k, no ifs ands or butts, every time you enter. the price will remain a little higher for profits sake, since no one does it for af expect the tiny few, or it will become required that all dynamis shells were relic sponsored, if prices become so low as to actually lose gil every run. and sponsored dynamis to get a relic, is pretty cheap.

i wonder if i should buy my attestation and fragment now, how do you think prices on those will change?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Nususu
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2010-10-14 15:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Lunatone said:
idk if this is happenin on other servers but on gilgamesh these r tards are undercutting currency prices -.- O bronze has been seen from 10k-12k byne bills 4-5.5k white shells 9-12k, and im just wonderin why the hell would u undercut currency...people are going to buy therm no matter the price. no reason to undercut yourself and then everyone else
The laws of supply and demand state that: As supply increases price decreases. Take a basic economics class and you'll understand the answer to your question.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-14 15:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

lolLuna
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-14 15:46:16