Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Seriously 65-75
Seriously 65-75
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Masterblaster
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Masterblaster 2009-02-05 11:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Really seems like no one wants to make partys once you hit this stage i'm 73 atm and only had 1 party within a period of 3 days what the hell!? I know campaign battle is all the rage but this is ridiculous...

Post your thoughts / experiences here
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-05 11:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

well it gets like that sometimes since the campaign and level sync came along.

When I was at 73 war, I usually went in merit pt's. You can put that in your search comment too, for merit or xp party and if your in a big rush to 75 then do the level sync thing i guess.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-02-05 11:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I agree with Alyria. It does suck because who wants to fight imps in the mire? -.- and no-one wants to level sync except mages becuase of the problem getting skill ups, especially once you going 65-75 you need all the skill ups you can get.

You should be able to get into merit parties, I had a few 73 ppl in a couple of merit parties I was in. Hope you get 75 soon =D
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-05 11:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make your own parties. I got my gf from like 70 to 75 in 3 days b/c we just made our own pt's.

Btw, nice avatar, Alyria. =)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-05 11:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't find it too hard to make a merit party at WAR73. Some people will obviously refuse to party with anything other than 75s, but you will find people who won't mind. Experience is still brilliant on Colibris with a WAR73 in the party.

As Tbest said, making your own parties is probably the best option. Some jobs don't get too many invites from 70+, and it's just been made even worse with level sync.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-05 11:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think imps are tooo bad, it just sux for amnesia...but ya I agree with everyone's post, making your own may not be too bad either. Ask LS mates too or friends, sometimes they are willing to merit more than random ppl.

War merit pt <3

Tbest: Thank you ^^, where's your avatar!?!?! :P
 Bismarck.Masterblaster
By Bismarck.Masterblaster 2009-02-05 12:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of that is true i guess but then some japenese dont want english and vice versa and then i hear the whining of "Merit pt only" in /tell when you even tell them dont want to sync just keep it 75 lol :/
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-05 12:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well those that respond like that have no common sense anyways.

In all my years of playing this game I personally haven't had a JP tell me no cause I spoke english or JP only.

Sometimes ask ppl not seeking, they may come to pt.

Campaigning isnt so bad, you can do it while you seek for pt. I do that with my monk.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-02-05 12:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel your pain. I go whole days LFP on BLU and get not even a whisper, much less a party invite. Since Lv63, 75%+ of my EXP has come from campaign. If you really want to party instead, making your own parties, preferably with your friends, seems to be the best way to go. If you do Level Sync or Campaign, Boyahda Tree skillup parties are still commonplace and you can always get skillups in Dynamis, Besieged, whatever, etc.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-05 13:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm... It's over there. >.> Hehe. I really should make one though...
 Alexander.Keldewis
Server: Alexander
user: Keldewis
By Alexander.Keldewis 2009-02-05 14:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You could partner up with a job people often desire to have in xp. I have often seen NIN or BRD exp comments like invite me with so and so only. Also I its seems to me that throughout the week people just do events, craft and other random stuff, and then there is a huge XP party spike from Friday until Sunday evening.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-05 14:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you really just hate Campaign, it really is a decent alternative to XP parties. Transportation right to the front is a hell of a lot easier and pretty much free (you get far more notes from doing a campaign battle then you spend to get out there) and there's no penalty for dying.

Write yourself a /seacom, put your flag up, and go do campaign battles...you can stop at any time by turning in your tags if you do get a /tell, and if not, well at least you're getting risk free exp, and not sitting in WG going insane from the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE /shouts.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-02-05 16:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't found it hard for my last two jobs (SAM and PLD) to get from 65-75. I know PLDs were having a bit of trouble 71-75 because people want tp burn parties. But with level sync I went from 71-75 in about a week. And only slightly longer on SAM because level sync hadn't been implemented yet. And with skill ups on sword? I just duoed with my BST friend in the tree went from 250-265 in a couple days. Also got enough ws points for Savage blade while I was there. Is Campaign really that popular? I know out of 20 friends on at any given time I only usually see 5/20 at most in the past.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-05 16:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo'd SMN from 55-75. 55-62 in Ifrit's Cauldrin, while 62-75 during Campaign. While I did get my wings from all that (exp is super slow, but who invites a SMN for DDing anyway?) and a ton of AN, I would have to say that campaign is good for those who don't mind doing skillups elsewhere.

BLM however, I refused to solo it in campaign. I always found somewhere to go to, even if I had to go somewhere where it wasn't popular or well known. It meant a lot of deaths at first, but I eventually got it to 68 before the manaburns started kicking in.

I might solo BST there (since my axe skill is already capped from WAR) and maybe a DD job while lfp, but really, I would only do it if you can't really solo stuff easy.
 Bismarck.Masterblaster
By Bismarck.Masterblaster 2009-02-05 17:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Wardens said:
I haven't found it hard for my last two jobs (SAM and PLD) to get from 65-75. I know PLDs were having a bit of trouble 71-75 because people want tp burn parties. But with level sync I went from 71-75 in about a week. And only slightly longer on SAM because level sync hadn't been implemented yet. And with skill ups on sword? I just duoed with my BST friend in the tree went from 250-265 in a couple days. Also got enough ws points for Savage blade while I was there. Is Campaign really that popular? I know out of 20 friends on at any given time I only usually see 5/20 at most in the past.

True say, Found Sam alot easier than War. Probaly because of faster kills with the tp gained as sam even though Warriors can produce decent dmg aswell. Just think maybe its more to do with the right place at the right time / who or what you know kinda.
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-02-05 18:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i was stuck as 73 ninja for a long while b4 level sync or campaign. My reasoning behind it? I lacked the gear that a level 75 ninja generally should have. obviously i cant wear what i can't equip so by default i'm not actually at fault. That could be what others are thinking.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-06 19:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

personally i don't get people who sits and wait for invites for hours. I'd never do that. maybe wait an hour tops, then make my own party. ppl are just beeing lazy, atleast on this server.

Like if you've been in a party for 2 hours or so and the leader has to leave, he ask who he should give the leader to, You'll see 5 "NOT ME!"

Besides, if you make your own parties you can have ppl sync to you, so you dont have to go back and redo all the work when you have to skill up later.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-02-06 20:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

PTs typically only need 1 WAR, NIN/WAR or SAM/WAR for first voke, whereas they typically need 3 other DD SAM/NIN DRG/SAM etc.

It also may be a little harder to get a pt as WAR73, since u wont have :Ni yet, u'd probably need more healing making it harder for the mage.

And some people might consider it a little elitest, but why get a 73 or 74 when u could get a decently merited lvl 75 DD?

merit pt perspective only
 Valefor.Ghuda
Server: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-02-06 21:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I campain battled 67-75.
 Cerberus.Radaghast
Server: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-02-06 21:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaign for your lvl, skill up in the yoda tree for skill ups! :)
 Bahamut.Memimi
Server: Bahamut
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-02-06 21:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, on my DRG, I had to Level Sync or do Campaign to 74. At 74 I got into a Merit Party. From 66-74 it was a lot of Level Sync and Skill Up parties. >_< You gotta do what you gotta do though. Or, you could always go the gimp route and Level Sync and NOT skill up and then just cap when you do merit parties. I know I was three levels behind in skills in my first merit party lol. Though I capped polearm for 75 in that first merit party.
 Seraph.Zoey
Server: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-02-07 01:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
You shouldn't find it too hard to make a merit party at WAR73. Some people will obviously refuse to party with anything other than 75s, but you will find people who won't mind. Experience is still brilliant on Colibris with a WAR73 in the party. As Tbest said, making your own parties is probably the best option. Some jobs don't get too many invites from 70+, and it's just been made even worse with level sync.

For sure!

/sea all invite

/sea all invite 20-30 for example shows you everyone seeking a party lvl 20-30

title one your your macro books "PARTY" or something then make /sea all invite macros. That way you dont have to type /sea all so much.

All you need to start a party

Tank>2healers/you/melee
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-07 01:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Radaghast said:
Campaign for your lvl, skill up in the yoda tree for skill ups! :)

We make it a point to do the ones where we are beating on fortifications, 80% of the time you don't even get bothered and you can pretty much auto attack and do something else...I use that time to check email and such lol ^^
 Bahamut.Memimi
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-02-07 05:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoey said:
Wooooodum said:
You shouldn't find it too hard to make a merit party at WAR73. Some people will obviously refuse to party with anything other than 75s, but you will find people who won't mind. Experience is still brilliant on Colibris with a WAR73 in the party. As Tbest said, making your own parties is probably the best option. Some jobs don't get too many invites from 70+, and it's just been made even worse with level sync.

For sure!

/sea all invite

/sea all invite 20-30 for example shows you everyone seeking a party lvl 20-30

title one your your macro books "PARTY" or something then make /sea all invite macros. That way you dont have to type /sea all so much.

All you need to start a party

Tank&gt;2healers/you/melee

o.o Is it common practice to get two healers?
 Bahamut.Silvarion
user: Pilsi
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2009-02-07 08:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

war/dnc no one likes. war/nin always interesting for partys, cuz of
emergency tank or something like that. only reason for subbin dnc r
weapons with 2-3hits for tp gain,and if u wanna solo some stuff with
sam/dnc or nin/dnc.
+ accept some lvl sync. since lvl sync exist, all jobs noone want in party
like BST PUP etc. get more partys.
and remember, well would be happy if we get all dayz lot of invites.
RDM BRD and u have the invites u want ^-^/
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-09 12:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats Masterblaster for getting 75 WAR!

So which way did you choose to get from 73 to 75?
 Bismarck.Masterblaster
By Bismarck.Masterblaster 2009-02-09 13:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Congrats Masterblaster for getting 75 WAR! So which way did you choose to get from 73 to 75?

haha why thanks ^^ didnt take long got a mire pt from 73-73 then from halfway into 74-75 got a bhaflau merit pt which i got 75 rather quick got a nice buffer and a few merits ontop - Sam job next :p
 Quetzalcoatl.Nombly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nombly
By Quetzalcoatl.Nombly 2009-02-09 13:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they nerf mire exp or something? Back in my day you could go the the mire at 65 with an exp band and get 800 exp from one imp. I'd rather do that than campaign.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-02-09 13:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was 73 theif and reached 74 via Campaign, but i was also with my Pld Friend who is 75 well he was 74 delvld then hit 75 again on Quadevs in the past, b4 we did campaign.. we also got skill ups from them too.

Theres a bevy of things you can do. It was mentioned you can make a party yourself. Just look or ppl or ask around.

GL.. and Don't fret. I know you will get to 75 even if Campaign kills ya.. like me... /sigh! >< lol
First Page 2