Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Cimicine Discharge
Cimicine Discharge
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-10 17:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki is useless on this matter, so I'll ask here; anyone know what the Slow % is from it? And how much lower is it if at all from Slow II cap on RDM.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2010-10-10 18:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

10% iirc

I'll see if I can dig it up the number though. I do remember for certain that it was lower than Filamented Hold.

EDIT: Okay it's 15%.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-10-10 18:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Discharge.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-10 18:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said:
10% iirc I'll see if I can dig it up the number though. I do remember for certain that it was lower than Filamented Hold though.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Sprout Smack? Sprout IS 10%, FH is 25. Cimicine was the one added with the 80 cap
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2010-10-10 18:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The potency is a little disappointing, but it's still an interesting crowd control spell. The AoE range is quite large, which can be a good thing or a bad thing.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-10 18:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so for this solo I'm about to try where Slow helps a tonne, stick with Filamented hold?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-10 18:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but for crowd control, discharge is amazing. Dynamis I can stick slow on a ton of mobs at once, very useful.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-10 18:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Same with einherjar
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-10-10 19:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaginal Discharge x'D
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-10 19:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-15 17:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Filamented hold better for solo use.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-15 17:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jessie said:
I use it when soloing, especially when going /NIN. On Decent Challenge mobs, I noticed a massive drop in the monster's attack speed. Apparently Slow II can't overwrite it which makes me think that it's at least almost on-par with Red Mage's Slow II spell.

And really, like I said, I noticed a pretty huge effect, even without setting myself up with a ton of MND, or anything else that might boost its effect.

Couple this with Actinic Burst (which you likely have on 100% of the time for Auto-Refresh anyway) and laugh as your Utsusemi:Ni lasts its full recast.
Filamented Hold is more potent; Cimicine is only 15% slow. That's a far cry from Slow II with any half-decent MND build.

Also, MND doesn't affect CD's potency.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-15 18:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:
I use it when soloing, especially when going /NIN. On Decent Challenge mobs, I noticed a massive drop in the monster's attack speed. Apparently Slow II can't overwrite it which makes me think that it's at least almost on-par with Red Mage's Slow II spell. And really, like I said, I noticed a pretty huge effect, even without setting myself up with a ton of MND, or anything else that might boost its effect. Couple this with Actinic Burst (which you likely have on 100% of the time for Auto-Refresh anyway) and laugh as your Utsusemi:Ni lasts its full recast.
Filamented Hold is more potent; Cimicine is only 15% slow. That's a far cry from Slow II with any half-decent MND build. Also, MND doesn't affect CD's potency.

I'm well aware of that. Was going to troll, but then realised you weren't quoting me. But still no ones answered my biggest question, what is SLOW II Highest possible amount on RDM.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-15 18:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You might be aware of it, but Jessie obviously isn't.

Slow II caps at 350/1024 (~35%) slow, adding 10/1024 for each merit for a cap of up to 40% at 5/5 merits.
[+]