Question on Excalibur
First Page 2 3
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-09 22:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very bored ingame, and something to keep me going is working on a relic weapon. Before any such things, yes I have the means to obtain one. I'm a mage-player who has no melee leveled, and I don't care about most things, so I was gonna do Mjollnir because whm is totally awesome and I've always wanted to be running around dual-weilding and wearing my crafting gear with a Mjollnir.

A friend tells me to not do it, as it's useless because it's blunt dmg (I know) and if I really want to melee and have fun on mages, to just do Excalibur, and that I'd look cute with a sword. So I'm wondering how it is meleeinng with one. The en-dmg effect looks sick.

And I'm buying all my currency and probably buying my attestation and fragment and necropsyche, so I'm not wasting anyones dynamis time.(In fact I'll most likely be lowmaning cities with a group of friends, we all split glass cost and split all currency, just a way to save a little gil) I hate the system of dynamis so much, and I wouldn't screw others over just for myself.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-09 22:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Excalibur is the second most expensive relic and its pretty much not useful at all unless you're pld. Oh, and pld is now useless too lol.
Honestly, I'd just do the club, it's cheaper and just as useful.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-09 22:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

club costs more than sword actually...1 more 100 sandy and 2 more 100 bastok.

but yeah I knew nothing would be "useful". I was doing gjallarhorn, then it got almost useless, and I don't do events anyway anymore. figured I might as well do something fun.
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-09 22:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Level MNK and do Spharai. You're welcome.
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-09 22:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
club costs more than sword actually...1 more 100 sandy and 2 more 100 bastok. but yeah I knew nothing would be "useful". I was doing gjallarhorn, then it got almost useless, and I don't do events anyway anymore. figured I might as well do something fun.

I've always wanted the sword. I'd do it if cost wasn't an issue.
Oh and level pld! You'll have a lot more fun with it even if its just dickin around.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-09 23:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

meh club it is then!
 Fenrir.Thandar
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-10-09 23:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Mandau is an option for RDM and BRD, so that's always fun.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-09 23:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

get a claustrum
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-09 23:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Level MNK and do Spharai. You're welcome.
I somehow feel we keep coming back to this point.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-09 23:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

give me hot nudes and i'll do a claustrum.

and i know spharai is amazing .-. I just don't want to level mnk
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-09 23:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd do swd and go melee on rdm...
 Cerberus.Oseryu
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2010-10-09 23:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell you the truth either do, MNK relic or NIN relic
Best Relics right there or Apoc
Edit: Also, if you really want do whatever relic you want play the game how you want to. Never know you might become a serious WHM DD :D
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-09 23:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Tell you the truth either do, MNK relic or NIN relic
Best Relics right there or Apoc
Edit: Also, if you really want do whatever relic you want play the game how you want to. Never know you might become a serious WHM DD :D

NIN relic? I can understand H2H, also GS now became pretty sweet, and GA as well.

But to get to the OP, have you considered making a mythic? WHM Mythic is much more useful than the relic. And so are the Mythic BLM staves I believe, since you're more mage oriented
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-10 00:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting a mythic now with any realistic expectation of finishing it within the next two years is folly. I can't recommend building a mythic to anyone at this point.

BLM mythic is like garbage +1, can polish that turd all you want but at the end of the day you really ought to save yourself the trouble and do the magians.

And yeah, wtf @ Kikoku.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 00:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what blm mythic staff is good for? 1 nuke every 10 min with elemental seal. I'm not even sure it's worth that anymore lol. Now Nirvana is crazy good
 Cerberus.Oseryu
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2010-10-10 00:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Starting a mythic now with any realistic expectation of finishing it within the next two years is folly. I can't recommend building a mythic to anyone at this point. And yeah, wtf @ Kikoku.

Hey, hey don't dis on the Kikoku I've seen some mighty fine DMG come out of that thing.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-10 00:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Starting a mythic now with any realistic expectation of finishing it within the next two years is folly. I can't recommend building a mythic to anyone at this point. And yeah, wtf @ Kikoku.

Hey, hey don't dis on the Kikoku I've seen some mighty fine DMG come out of that thing.
Fenrir had one of the best Kikokus in FFXI history. I've a pretty good idea what it can do. It's not a bad relic, but it's not a great one either and it's attached to a mediocre job. Odds are Empyrean beats it anyway so /shrug
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-10 00:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how building a mythic should be harder than relic, especially now that cap was raised.
If you have enough friends to lowman dyna cities then you can definitely expect the same results in completing lolAssaults, Nyzul isle etc.
Actually it would at least involve more activities which could "entertain" people better than simply spamming dyna zones..
But I guess that's just me, wishing there were still people intersted in anything else other than Abyssea grinding
 Cerberus.Oseryu
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2010-10-10 00:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir had one of the best Kikokus in FFXI history. I've a pretty good idea what it can do. It's not a bad relic, but it's not a great one either and it's attached to a mediocre job. Odds are Empyrean beats it anyway so /shrug

I will absolutely agree on that.
Edit: Also, for the OP have you thought of working on the Emphyrean Weap I know the trials are a pain but I'm working on Kannagi.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-10 00:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
I don't see how building a mythic should be harder than relic, especially now that cap was raised.
If you have enough friends to lowman dyna cities then you can definitely expect the same results in completing lolAssaults, Nyzul isle etc.
Actually it would at least involve more activities which could "entertain" people better than simply spamming dyna zones..
But I guess that's just me, wishing there were still people intersted in anything else other than Abyssea grinding
Alexandrite.

Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I will absolutely agree on that.
It's really a pity, NIN used to be such a beast and it's still got a lot of potential.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-10 00:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
You know what blm mythic staff is good for? 1 nuke every 10 min with elemental seal. I'm not even sure it's worth that anymore lol. Now Nirvana is crazy good

I'm not actually talking about the lvl 75 mythic in that case but more about their upgraded versions. Doesnt' BLM Mythic give like 30 MAB at lvl 85?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-10 00:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

I'm not actually talking about the lvl 75 mythic in that case but more about their upgraded versions. Doesnt' BLM Mythic give like 30 MAB at lvl 85?
Aren't magian staves up to like 1.45 potency modifier by now?
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-10 00:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Be a rebel, do a claustrum
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 00:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Aren't magian staves up to like 1.45 potency modifier by now?
30%. But for 40 MAB (which is what 85 mythic is) to beat 30% dmg you'd have to be nuking in less than 33 MAB. Since MAB V trait is 36 MAB...
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-10 00:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Tizona is the answer.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-10 00:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet another disapointment from SE, they can't even keep Mythics up there
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 00:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the mythics sucked in the first place. Some have gotten a little better some a bit worse in comparision but most stayed about as useful as they were.

Death Penalty is the *** ***though
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-10 00:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberator FTL = For the Looks
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-10 00:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Tizona is the answer.
I wish...

Odin.Sheelay said:
Liberator FTL = For the Looks
Probably fairly strong right now tbh. DRK has better haste gear than ever and aftermath duration got extended with one of the trials. The job itself could use a hand at the moment though.
First Page 2 3