Levelling Bonecrafting To 16 Quickly, Easily, And Cheaply...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Bonecraft » Levelling Bonecrafting to 16 quickly, easily, and cheaply...
Levelling Bonecrafting to 16 quickly, easily, and cheaply...
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-03 15:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I need gelatin for a few cooking synths, and as it's availability/price varies a lot on the AH, I'd like to just make my own and save myself the headache...

That being said, what is the quickest way to level bonecrafting to 16 so I can make my own? I'm willing to lose some money doing it, but if anyone knows of a quick and easy progression of synths to get there, preferably stuff I can NPC to make some money back, I would be much appreciative...

Thanks ^^
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-02-03 15:18:43
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

If money isn't an issue, I would go Wind Crystal + Bone Chip and NPC the Bone Hairpins to NPC. That'll get you to level 4. Then toss a 2nd Bone Chip in the mix and get Bone Arrowheads, that'll get you to 9. What you do with the arrowheads is up to you, you could sell them but they sell really slow on my server, typically 1 a week. Then finally go for your Gelatin, you'll probably get a few breaks here and there, but Bone Chips are very cheap and plentiful on the AH.

Bone Chips all the way!

EDIT: P.S. Fire Crystal + Giant Femur + Distilled Water will give you more bang for your buck. You may want to consider leveling your bonecrafting to 28 if you need gelatin on a regular basis.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-03 15:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have BC levelled, but the route I'd do personally would be something close to:

Bone Hairpin 0-4
Bone Arrowheads 4-9

Then maybe a long stretch for 9-16 on Gelatin.

Farming the bone chips in KRT or somewhere like that shouldn't be too bad with /THF.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-03 15:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Could I synth the Bone Hairpins and then desynth them to get the chips back? I've never desynthed anything before but I have TONS of lightning crystals...

Does desynthing follow the same rules as synthing, can you skill up desynthing stuff?
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-02-03 15:26:51
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, you could desynth and it would give you skill ups until level 4, but the question is is the lightning crystal risk worth the result?

Bone Chips are cheap, and currently cheaper then the cost of a Lightning Crystal. The reward isn't worth it in my opinion. Add on the fact that all desynths have an added risk, no matter what your level is there's a certain % that the desynth will fail, I've heard 25%? It's a losing game, the bone chip you get back won't be worth the lightning crystal you spent to get it.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-03 15:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard all desynths follow a, 50% break 30% hq 20% nq, type rule. From what I've seen, the 50% break is definitely about right >.> I constantly break on desynths, so it's not really worth the risk unless you have the crystals hanging about.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-03 15:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, it was just a thought, lightning crystals and bone chips actually go for around the same price here on fairy...and I'm loathe to farm (already gotta farm cockatrice meat, beehive chips, and wild onions, so didn't wanna add more to it lol).

I'll try it some, like I said, I have tons of lightning crystals (I've been saving them up for 3 years now, I save ALL crystals just in case I need them lol) and if it looks ugly I'll just NPC the hairpins and move on
^^
Server: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-02-04 10:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be loathe to farm wild onions. How about gardening? :)

My bonecraft is at 16 currently. After bone arrowheads, I used Advanced Synth support to jump to Bone Rings instead of doing gelatin. (This will get you within the 5 level gap needed for skillups on breaks.) It's very easy to farm for sheep teeth.

But, NQ bone rings don't sell very well. Sell back to the guild, might have to do it over a few v'd days since they cap how many you can sell back at once.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [325 days between previous and next post]
By daisythunder 2009-12-26 05:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bone Hairpin to level 4.

Power Bow to level 7 - intermediate synth.
requires subskill woodworking 28
but can be powerful gil maker.
power bows for moogle quest.
about 8k to make and ah sell for 17k
you'll need elm lumber, coeurl whiskers,scorpion claws, and wool cloth.
so make 7 power bows to ah sell. for 17k each. thats 56k profit and if you farm the lumber in ghelsaba and buy the other ingredients thats - 77k profit.

you can do the wind crystal + 2 bone chips recipe
for a loss synth to 9 skill.

the other option if you want to make gil on the trip is to visit sea serp grotto and farm as many seashells as you can. along with eastern gems and misc drops that you'll get from the farming.

shell ring - seashell + fish scales. both are farmed from same place. sea serp grotto.

bone 8 recipe - wailing shell
wind- seashell - ice,earth,dark animas.
go turn in your lvl 8 test item.
this item is part of a second profit synth.
wind - wailing shell + shell ring = manashell ring - 30k.
so make 7 of these for 28 x 7 = 196k gil.

Cornette - bridge syth requires goldsmith 14. if you have it great. if not.. you could try break synthing

wind- sheep tooth + bone chip to 17 is a cheap loss.

wind - istridye - peebles till you get to test rank. if you hq2 2 out of 12 you'll be able to pay for the fish. its break even or small loss till you get more skill.

Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2009-12-26 06:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

umm nice necro?