Lazy Man's BLM Skillup ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Lazy man's BLM skillup ?
Lazy man's BLM skillup ?
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-09-29 10:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

For WAR we have the fortalices in the Castle Zvahl in the past for making AFK combat skills skill-ups.

For RDM we have the shrimps in sea for semi-AFK enfeebling skill skill-ups.

Is there a way to get lazy skill-ups for BLM skills ?
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-09-29 10:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I get my bf to hold mobs on his pld while I go to town with T1 spells. Works decently now, and was awesome at lower levels. Enfeebs are same as RDM... gold feeshes in Sea.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-29 10:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
For WAR we have the fortalices in the Castle Zvahl in the past for making AFK combat skills skill-ups.

Besieged.
[+]
By Shiroineko 2010-09-29 10:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

^Besieged.

Seriously, go spam those T1. works wonders.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-09-29 11:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you can get skill ups on skill level for level 80+ on anything but the bosses there though.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-29 11:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know what the skill cap on him is but you can always solo Golden-Tongued Culberry. Sub /SMN, throw elemental pets at him til he's out of MP and he'll just stand there and stare at you while you blast his *** away. Has a lot of HP so you can easily cap your skills in one fight. His level is 85ish at least so you should be able to cap them out on him.
[+]
 Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-29 11:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Don't know what the skill cap on him is but you can always solo Golden-Tongued Culberry. Sub /SMN, throw elemental pets at him til he's out of MP and he'll just stand there and stare at you while you blast his *** away. Has a lot of HP so you can easily cap your skills in one fight. His level is 85ish at least so you should be able to cap them out on him.

oh i like this...also you can make 300k of the pendat if it drops.
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-09-29 11:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Sylph.Oddin said:

The OP's page says their blm is 23 lol
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-09-29 11:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiroineko said:
^Besieged.

Spam T1 in Abyssea work too, but probably gonna get some hate tells lol
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-29 11:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Sylph.Oddin said:

Mine says I dont have monk or pld etc, but I do.
There is such a thing called mules\alt characters:P
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-29 11:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Sylph.Oddin said:

There's a long and convoluted method but he's an easy solo. Takes less than 15 minutes to run him out of MP.

Asura.Bluespoons said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Sylph.Oddin said:

Ok didn't even look. Just assumed he was higher level and needed some skill ups from abyssea rush or something. At that level, just go solo some worms for a bit in Qufim island. That or just join a party if you can. Shouldn't take long to cap your magic skills at that level.
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-09-29 15:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ts not for me ... its for a blm 75+ but it got burned and keywhored up there and now we need to build up skill levels fast.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-29 15:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
ts not for me ... its for a blm 75+ but it got burned and keywhored up there and now we need to build up skill levels fast.
What is the blms current skill level at?
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-09-30 13:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:

What is the blms current skill level at?

Around 250 'ish

Its around what the RDM caps at level 75
By shat 2010-10-02 09:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There's a long and convoluted method but he's an easy solo. Takes less than 15 minutes to run him out of MP.

please elaborate.
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-10-02 10:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Cerelyn said:
Shiroineko said:
^Besieged.

Spam T1 in Abyssea work too, but probably gonna get some hate tells lol
^This. u can also spame choke burn etc that way they think ur doing something to the mob instead of spamming stone hehe
By RingmastersWord 2010-10-02 10:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you feel like burning stones you can go into Abyssea Tahrongi and spam whatever you wish on Chukwa. If you stand at max casting range he wont cast anything back or do anything else. The other turtles don't agro either so just spam all day, rest, repeat.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-10-02 11:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Gaiarorshack said:

besieged/abyssea is the answer
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-10-02 11:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

shat said:
Quote:

please elaborate.

Golden-Tongued Culberry Solo method:
Well you need /SMN, preferably level 25 or higher for auto-refresh. Any equipment you can get with Refresh on it also helps. Refresh from FoV book helps as well. Juices aren't necessary unless you're doing this as a job without a large manapool (I do this as DRK (Hume) and I've never had a problem with MP). If doing this as BLM, your MP pool should be more than enough.

Equipment you'll need are elemental staff for whichever elemental you'll be casting. I used Ice Spirit so I used an Aquillo's Staff. If you can get your hands on one, get an Avatar Belt (level 30) off AH (hard to find). This will help with MP conservation while kiting the NM. As I already stated, any refresh gear you can equip will help as well. If you're doing this as another job without much MP, you'll need MP gear to boost your manapool. At least 250+ MP with juices + SMN auto-refresh + FoV Refresh if you're doing this as a non-main Mage job.

Next you'll need a form of Flee. If you're BLM, you'll have to have Hermes Quenchers. Somewhat hard to find on the AH at times but usually cheap. YOU MUST HAVE FLEE (I'll explain in a minute). Movement speed is not enough. If you're coming as another job, there may be other options such as Powder Boots. You may also want to bring 1 poison pot for the popping process.

Now the actual fight strategy. When you get to the room, you'll want to kill the lone tonberry at the bottom platform. As soon as you kill it, rest up if needed and head up to the pop point and pop it immediately. You want to run the NM out of MP before the tonberry repops (16 minutes) as this makes the kiting process much, much easier. Before you pop it, do NOT have your elemental out. The NM will spawn and instant cast a spell on YOU. Use your flee + poison pot and as soon as you use your items, pop it and immediately run out of the hallway. If you're using a NQ knife, you have a couple more seconds of leeway to get out of range. If it's HQ knife, YOU HAVE TO BE QUICK. It will start casting almost immediately after being spawned. The NM will spawn between you and the exit, right in the middle of the hallway.

The NM can cast any of the following spells: Sleepga II, Silencga, Paralyga, Tier IV nukes, Tier III -agas, Drain, Death and Cure IV.

If you make it out of the hallway alive, make a left and stop to cast your first elemental at the top of the stairs then take off running again. The elemental will automatically attack the NM without you having to tell it to. The NM's AI is set to cast Death on any pets that pulls hate on it. Do NOT cast while you're in range of the NM. It will generate hate on yourself and it will screw the whole process up and make things harder and longer. As soon as your previous pet dies, stop and cast another and keep running. You continue to throw pets at it until finally one of your pets stays alive longer than 10 seconds (takes 50~60 pets to get it to this point).

Once you've arrived at this point, you need to cautiously turn back and head to where the NM is to ensure it has indeed stopped. Now, the NM is not quite out of MP just yet. It just doesn't have enough MP to cast Death any more. You need to release your pet and now kite the NM yourself. You want the NM to stop and start casting a spell. This is the strange part. The NM's spell does not have to land for it to lose MP. Just the attempt at casting a spell takes MP away from the NM. So you just need to get the NM to stop and cast a spell then run out of range. Do this about 5~7 times and it will be out of MP. Now you have a level 85ish NM who can do nothing but stare at you while you beat the crap out of it. He's got a ***ton of HP and has very high physical defense. You and a group of friends can stand there and beat him for a good 30 minutes. Enjoy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-10-02 16:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:

Spoiler is hard.