Question About Physical And Job Level.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Question about Physical and Job Level.
Question about Physical and Job Level.
By Darkfalz 2010-09-29 10:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So say ive been weaving for about 14 levels and have a level 7 Thau and Conj and wanted to go fight level 14 Mammets. Now would my character be level 14 with the stats/def of a 14 character with gimp job level abilties for the two classes or will my job level set to my physical level?
 Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-29 10:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Physicall level only gives you stat points. thats it. Battling only matters on the rank of whatever job you are on. I am level 11 but rank 8 maruader, Its all about the class rank.
By Darkfalz 2010-09-29 11:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, that makes sense then.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-29 11:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkfalz said:
I see, that makes sense then.

yep yep, it is helpful to do a non battle class, to get extra stat points to make you stronger on your level. I've learned that. From mining and leveling over jobs, my MRD has 17 extra points to play with from the extra levels.
By Darkfalz 2010-09-29 11:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Im just not understanding having all the stat points i would figure would make you beast but matching your job level with a mob is what matters? Not im guessing your physical resistance increases by job level? Do you get what im saying? Like being a level 14 Conj level 7 i noticed when i switched from weaver my health dipped quite a bit. So im guessing running in there as a class level 7 job id get raped by the level 10-14 mammets?
By Darkfalz 2010-09-29 11:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What im saying is there is no way i put so many points in vit and i take a dip when i playing a lower job level class. My understanding is that those stat points SCALE to your job level and only become useful as the job level gets closer to that physical level.
By Darkfalz 2010-09-29 11:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Because my friend can practically tank those same mammets as a Conj level 10 and i get 2-3 shotted.
By Darkfalz 2010-09-29 11:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats not what i mean, I use stoneskin afterwards also. Im talking about after the fact.
By Darkfalz 2010-09-29 11:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You can go on your level 8 MRD and kill level 10-14 mobs?
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-29 11:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

damint im trying to reply to you stupid thing keeps erasing my stuff. Hold up

i dont know about level, but my 8 MRD can take most orange mobs.

But the jump between 7 and 10 is pretty big. its alot of skill points and what have you.
 Shiva.Ninaa
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ninaa 2010-09-29 11:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank seems to matter a lot in determining battle strength. It seems like each rank has invisible caps on your stats, so when you switch to a lower ranked job, you are gimped by it.

I am PL 22, and I have been grinding on puks and aurelias. I can tear them all up as GLD 16, no downtime, but switching to LNC 6 they hit harder, and I have to rest between them, and the Aurelias can kill me...

However, I think that if I was just starting out, and my PL wasn't so high, I doubt I could kill them on LNC at all....

So I guess pumping up your PL will make you somewhat stronger, but it wont make you invincible.

It is also interesting to note that when you 'check' a mob, it's color is determined by your job rank, which should give you an indication of what is important...
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-29 11:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ninaa said:
Rank seems to matter a lot in determining battle strength. It seems like each rank has invisible caps on your stats, so when you switch to a lower ranked job, you are gimped by it.

I am PL 22, and I have been grinding on puks and aurelias. I can tear them all up as GLD 16, no downtime, but switching to LNC 6 they hit harder, and I have to rest between them, and the Aurelias can kill me...

However, I think that if I was just starting out, and my PL wasn't so high, I doubt I could kill them on LNC at all....

So I guess pumping up your PL will make you somewhat stronger, but it wont make you invincible.

It is also interesting to note that when you 'check' a mob, it's color is determined by your job rank, which should give you an indication of what is important...

This, she said it better than me.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-29 11:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The stat points you get from your physical level help boost your class level. If I switch from 8 Gladiator to 3 Marauder, I'm stronger and tougher than someone who just started and is level 3 Marauder only.

Edit: Bah, should've refreshed again before posting.
By Darkfalz 2010-09-29 12:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That exactly what i felt nina, and i didnt know the whole check is based on job level this will help me figure out what i can and cant fight. :D danka ;3