Soloing Asanbosam Perhaps?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Soloing Asanbosam perhaps?
Soloing Asanbosam perhaps?
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-19 21:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Old thread, but what the heck hits the !! on Cep-Kamuy?

Been soloing/duoing it for ages but it only happened once. The whole "previous/present/next day" thing hasn't been doing much for me.

It can be BLM spells, WHM spells, BLU spells, Threnodies/Elegy, Ninja Spells, Possibly DNC Steps... etc. And Previous/Present/Next day does work, but it can be ANY of the things I listed, so it's kinda meeh.

On that note I think for BLM spells only T3+ work
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-10-19 22:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It can be ANY spell the day before/of/after. That includes, BRD songs, BLU spells, Burn/choke/rasp, -ga3's, and I have heard of ninjutsu triggering it. You need multiple jobs to have a 100% chance to trigger the !! on each pop.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-10-19 22:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that explains things. Guess it's time to BLU it up next time instead of RDM.

Much thanks, clears it up big time.
 Cerberus.Sey
Server: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-10-20 10:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It started out as a theory but I believe it to be somewhat true. If you pop a NM on a day and use the element that opposite the wheel, it'll trigger weakness. Example I triggered weakness on Whiro with Fire on Earthday and Thunder on Iceday. Hope this help, good luck.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-20 10:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Except that I trigged the yellow !! on Sedna last night on watersday with water III. It's not the opposite element. It's the day before, of, and after element types that can trigger it, as others have said.
 Cerberus.Sey
Server: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-10-20 10:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess you're right, but I do notice that the days of the week follow opposite to the wheel. I just lucked out those 2 times and ran with the theory lol.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
By fruitytooty 2010-11-20 12:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I've duo'd Ansam before but never solo'd..tried what other ppl said they were doing,but it was BS in the end,from what I've seen near the Pulse Martello is a thick wall,you can kite NMs around it by walking back and forth,they pretty much never get past the wall or hit you,the only danger is you would need to get through the Spider NM without him aggroing you,and SE *** up withevery Abyssea NM by programming them to lose hate like...under 1 minute of kiting
By Bieberfan21 2010-11-20 16:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you ever thought about using deaggro'ing to your advantage
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-20 19:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's stupid easy, just drag it down to the Frigates and kite around the ruins there, takes about 10 minutes to kill because you can easily chuck a quad at it and then kite some more.

Edit: As with all abyssea NMs though, there's not a great deal of point soloing it, especially not one of the timed popped NMs. If you want the key item (which most people that fight it will) you'll want to trigger red !! to guarantee you get it. So unless you're the crazy nin/war I watched duo'ing Heqet with a whm yesterday, who cycled through dagger/katana/GK/sword/club/staff until she triggered red !!, then you're wasting your time. If you're just after the seals (assumedly for blu), you're better off shouting for a party to kill the flytrap or orobon a bunch of times.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-11-20 20:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
It's stupid easy, just drag it down to the Frigates and kite around the ruins there, takes about 10 minutes to kill because you can easily chuck a quad at it and then kite some more. Edit: As with all abyssea NMs though, there's not a great deal of point soloing it, especially not one of the timed popped NMs. If you want the key item (which most people that fight it will) you'll want to trigger red !! to guarantee you get it. So unless you're the crazy nin/war I watched duo'ing Heqet with a whm yesterday, who cycled through dagger/katana/GK/sword/club/staff until she triggered red !!, then you're wasting your time. If you're just after the seals (assumedly for blu), you're better off shouting for a party to kill the flytrap or orobon a bunch of times.

This pretty much. Also a lot of times you can ask people if blu seals dropped, people are always more than willing to give up seals if they don't need them.