Forum » FFXIV » General » Level differences in a party
Level differences in a party
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2010-09-27 08:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

In 11 this used to be a problem until lvl-sync was introduced, now the problem is back... or is it?

What level differences in a party are okish?
does the job-rank matter when it comes to exping?

Sooner when we had a static exp pt with someone but the other people did not have enough time to spare for playing you simply changed to another job (or did some crafting) and leveled it until your friends had time for your static again. now you cant do that anymore because you'll be getting exp for your character and level up.
are we forced to do nothing just to be able to stay at the same level as our friends?
 Ramuh.Bigdawgrr
Server: Ramuh
user: Bigdawgrr
By Ramuh.Bigdawgrr 2010-09-27 08:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't the fatigue system not let you grow "vertically" but you can grow "horizontally" which I believe means you'll stay the same level as someone who plays less but you'll have more abilities,spells, and traits.
By the way what game is your avatar from?
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-27 08:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems about that way. Was trioing does with a LV23/21 PUG, LV19/17 CON and myself as a LV16/14 LNC. PUG was receiving about 900XP/250RP a kill while I was receiving about 310EXP/60RP. There was the one freak occurrence where the CON that was healing us DCed and I got about 700XP/500RP. I actually want to say that casting cure was generating more RP than attacking.
 Bahamut.Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2010-09-27 08:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Bigdawgrr said:
By the way what game is your avatar from?

Tomba
 Ramuh.Bigdawgrr
Server: Ramuh
user: Bigdawgrr
By Ramuh.Bigdawgrr 2010-09-27 09:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

that game is awesome
 Bahamut.Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2010-09-27 09:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd love to tell you the story about how i found a name for FFXI and that it obviously has something to do woth tomba... but that would derail the thread!
 Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-27 09:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Seems about that way. Was trioing does with a LV23/21 PUG, LV19/17 CON and myself as a LV16/14 LNC. PUG was receiving about 900XP/250RP a kill while I was receiving about 310EXP/60RP. There was the one freak occurrence where the CON that was healing us DCed and I got about 700XP/500RP. I actually want to say that casting cure was generating more RP than attacking.

yeah they addressed the issue where curing and buffing party memebers was giving you outrageous RP
 Bahamut.Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2010-09-27 13:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Bigdawgrr said:
Won't the fatigue system not let you grow "vertically" but you can grow "horizontally" which I believe means you'll stay the same level as someone who plays less but you'll have more abilities,spells, and traits.

But lets say i lvld for ~3h alone. my level is 12, rank 10 (just as example). my friend logs in and is still level 8 rank 7. sure we can still build a pt and kill stuff. would it gimp my exp? his exp? do we both receive the same exp? that's what i'm wondering
 Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-27 13:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Evilswine said:
Ramuh.Bigdawgrr said:

But lets say i lvld for ~3h alone. my level is 12, rank 10 (just as example). my friend logs in and is still level 8 rank 7. sure we can still build a pt and kill stuff. would it gimp my exp? his exp? do we both receive the same exp? that's what i'm wondering

Its not where near as bad as XI, yeah you can't do crazy differences, but 3-5 rank isnt bad at all.