FFXIV - Likes / Dis-likes (Changes)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » FFXIV - Likes / Dis-likes (Changes)
FFXIV - Likes / Dis-likes (Changes)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-09-28 18:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeh he comes off as a bit of an assclown in that vid, try watching some of his game reviews sometime they are seriously rofl funny.
 Fenrir.Chiurilo
Server: Fenrir
user: Chiurilo
By Fenrir.Chiurilo 2010-09-28 18:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

When 14 was announced I hated the idea of leaving XI and starting over. XIV is refreshing, its a new game. If you don't like it go play something else. The game just came out need to give them a chance before you complain about AH and other things. XI didn't have a AH at 1st either. Just play the game to have fun and stop crying about everything. Life will go on lol.
 Leviathan.Anbu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-28 18:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sold on GW2 will be playing it.....
FF14 i'll give it a shot but doesn't look too promising yet anyway.
Old Republic: when does this come out?(because I wil be playing) 0.0
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-09-28 18:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
I'm sold on GW2 will be playing it..... FF14 i'll give it a shot but doesn't look too promising yet anyway. Old Republic: when does this come out?(because I wil be playing) 0.0

There is no official release date as of yet, although as far as I am aware it is set for 2011, they are taking applications for a beta test in the near future so going on that 2011 looks likely. The good thing is they are really taking time developing the game, I am genuinely excited for the day it is released.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-28 18:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i hope 14 turns around, and i will give it my all, but GW2 is gonna be *** amazing
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-28 18:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
yeah i hope 14 turns around, and i will give it my all, but GW2 is gonna be *** amazing

I'm fairly certain XIV will just get better in time, you have to remember, XI didn't start out peaches and cream, it had a fairly rocky start (or so from what I've read and heard from friends who've been playing from JP release) so really it's just a matter of time before we really get to see the "full potential" of this game, it's still in it's infancy right now in terms of being released, give it a few weeks/months and i'm sure there will be a drastic difference from what we see now, to what we will be seeing then.

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Yeh he comes off as a bit of an assclown in that vid, try watching some of his game reviews sometime they are seriously rofl funny.

Yeah, I just felt he didn't give the game his full attention and just brushed it aside to get to GW2.

I've watched some of his other videos though and I do agree that he is kinda funny.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-28 18:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
...it's the big players like FF11/14, WOW that take the big slice of the MMO cake
I'm slightly confused that folks are calling XI a "big player." I <3'd XI, but let's be realistic and not let our own fan-ness blind us.

XI peaked at around 600k active users. For most of XI's life cycle, it's hovered at much lower subscriber numbers. (Probably about 200-300k.)

This is smaller than peak usage of other MMO's released in the past few years which have since died. In order for XIV to be successful, it will need to be considerably bigger then XI.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-28 18:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I have hopes in FFXIV lol I mean look at Aion, Aion is more empty than XI is right now and it keeps on going~

FFXIV being successful is noffin'.
 Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah 2010-09-28 19:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Jaerik, long time no see bud ^^/

I have never posted on these forums but wanted to give people some personal insights about FFXIV as I have started playing it a few days ago. I've been a big fan of FFXI and have been a cynical about 14 (I always just hoped they would get rid of PS2 support and revamp the graphics with brand new story lines). However, as much fun as FFXI is currently with the new Abyssea and all that, I really do enjoy playing FFXIV also. Here are few reasons why,

FFXIV is
1. NOT as hard core as FFXI is (you don't need to play everyday or even all day) Exping is easy and you don't need parties for everything.
2. Easy to pick up and easy to leave off (If I do anything in FFXI, it takes hours out of my life and FFXIV is much easier to even log on and to log off *literally).

I know that people are looking for replacements for FFXI but perhaps the biggest attraction that FFXI had (its near impossible to solo strat) was its biggest con, and SE seems to have smartened up to easen up on the gameplay in itself. I have never played WoW but I imagine this is what WoW would feel like.

I hope people give it a try and hang on for a bit until we "conclude" that "o this game blows." I think it's about to blow my PC but so far imo it has been a wondeful experience for me.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-28 20:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

I'm fairly certain XIV will just get better in time, you have to remember, XI didn't start out peaches and cream, it had a fairly rocky start (or so from what I've read and heard from friends who've been playing from JP release) so really it's just a matter of time before we really get to see the "full potential" of this game, it's still in it's infancy right now in terms of being released, give it a few weeks/months and i'm sure there will be a drastic difference from what we see now, to what we will be seeing then.

Ramuh.Sagittario said:

Yeah, I just felt he didn't give the game his full attention and just brushed it aside to get to GW2.

I've watched some of his other videos though and I do agree that he is kinda funny.

preaching to the choir, i was on XI 8 months after NA release.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-09-29 09:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

well, im a little worried about 14 too. i remember when i started xi i was all excited and already addicted after like 4 hours.

i started 14 last wednesday (or whenever the special edition release was) and got bored quite fast. since then i played again like 30 min - 1 hour per day but still didnt get that "feeling". always had to log cause i was entirely bored... orz

the only content i enjoyed so far was the storyline quests.

i know its a new game tho and contents etc will be added... so i'll hang on and give it a chance.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-29 12:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They just announced on lodestone :

bazar areas will be devided by category
listing items per zone
search function per item
multiple servants

Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-29 12:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

listing items per zone
search function per item
multiple servants

All well and good, but still doesn't make up for a lack of an AH.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-29 12:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

listing items per zone
search function per item
multiple servants

im okay with this, i think AH is too easy and allows for price manuplation and hyper inflation. Economic super trending is really really bad for consumers.
 Asura.Deodate
Server: Asura
user: deodate
By Asura.Deodate 2010-09-29 12:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I may be wrong, but I thought I read that the dev team has confirmed plans on an AH, it just hasn't been implemented yet. Could be rumor. I looked (briefly) to see if I could find any info, but didn't come up w/ anything. Personally, the bazaars/retainers etc are ok, but I would prefer an AH for ease of use.
By vegadevilone 2010-09-29 12:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

FF14 - Rabanastre - Devil Man

Like:
Graphics - I'm a graphics *** so really enjoying the new world.
Combat - So far enjoying it, trying to learn enough to keep from getting my butt handed to me, lol.
Environment - Happy exploring the environments.

Dislikes:
Learning Curve - Now don't get me wrong, I've played many MMO's but for some reason this one just really kicked me in the nuts. Initially I really felt overwhelmed.
Character Customization - I'm one of those people that really likes options when it comes to character customization. I just personally feel like there isnt enough. I created a Highlander and I'm still not sure if I'll stick with his current looks, hate the hairstyles available and not too impressed with the faces for them.

I have not spent enough time on the game but from what I have played I'm enjoying it. Of course I would like more but this is just the beginning. Also if I feel bored I can always take a break and get back on FF11 on my xbox.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-29 13:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

listing items per zone
search function per item
multiple servants

It's exactly an AH, without the 'price history' function. It's meant to counter the "current price" mentality of FFXI which tends to minimize crafters benefits over time.

Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-29 13:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

why not just set an AH that forces prices?
like you can only sell an item for a min x amount and no less or a max amount and no more. The system forces you to pick between the min or max amount to sell your item.
i've seen it implemented in other games it's pretty efficient, but knowing SE they would break the economy because they would set ridiculous prices for worthless items lol
 Shiva.Ninaa
By Shiva.Ninaa 2010-09-29 14:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really like the quest system in this game. I would like more traditional quests to do. The leves are cool, but they don't really add to the story or introduce any characters... I have really enjoyed the main story, and would like to see more quests structured like that.
By Derfthegalka 2010-09-29 17:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

- PRETTEH MITHIS
- MAH NEW AXE

DISLIKES:
- CAN'T SEE MAH TAIL YO!
- WTF(WUT THE FOOK) IS UP WITH DEM TARUS WITH HAIRY MOUSTACIOS THEY LOOK LIEK A GARDEN TROLLS YO
- NO GALKERS
- NO MOGGILEH
- DANG NO FREAK'N ZENMETSU!
- WHEUR BES THE DRAGGY YO!?
- CANT GET ANY HALP!
- NO VULKERN DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-09-29 17:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how they eased up on certain things in 14, but it's still not stupid easy like WOW.

I was doing a leve last week and it said kill 4 of these mobs. So I kill 3 of them and the 4th one runs off. I was like WTF? and I chase after it only to find it had basically CFH on me. O_o So now instead of 3/4 to finish the leve I need to kill 3/6. A WOW player would rage quit if they happened to them.
 Sylph.Limes
user: Limes
By Sylph.Limes 2010-09-29 18:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ninaa said:
I don't really like the quest system in this game. I would like more traditional quests to do. The leves are cool, but they don't really add to the story or introduce any characters... I have really enjoyed the main story, and would like to see more quests structured like that.

There are some Quest like that tho. you mean like Npc Quest type things? (Npc#1: Hey do this for me, get item,item and bring back prz, You: *nods head runs off*; that type of stuff right?) I think alot of em are locked tho D: i know a few of em are unlocked depending on LVL and Job/JobRank. I dont like this lol

Like:
Crafting (omg uber addictive)
Solo Capable (FFxiPlayer: o.O Wtf is this, i dont even..)

Dislikes:
Shards, Crystals, Clusters (...*** you shards)
"You Can Not Call that Retainer at this Time" O:<
CE early time seems only for Grinding and Crafting everything else seems "locked"
 Shiva.Ninaa
By Shiva.Ninaa 2010-09-29 18:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Limes said:
Shiva.Ninaa said:

There are some Quest like that tho. you mean like Npc Quest type things? (Npc#1: Hey do this for me, get item,item and bring back prz, You: *nods head runs off*; that type of stuff right?) I think alot of em are locked tho D: i know a few of em are unlocked depending on LVL and Job/JobRank. I dont like this lol

I haven't come across any yet. Is there a site with a quest list or something? Just talking to random NPCs has gotten me nowhere.
 Sylph.Limes
user: Limes
By Sylph.Limes 2010-09-29 20:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ninaa said:

I haven't come across any yet. Is there a site with a quest list or something? Just talking to random NPCs has gotten me nowhere.

Yea same for me. I pretty much took a day to go around all of Ul'dah trying to get one started.

ZAM seemed to have a small listing a while back, but tbh it looked like pure .dat mining info as it had nothing on how to start or what the requirements were. Someone told me they started some sort of GLD quest while doing Guildleves, but since i really didnt think it would be a pain to get things like that starter i never really asked :/
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-30 03:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Until I see evidence to the contrary, I'm going to just assume there is none. I've talked to quite my fair share of NPC's and have received nothing but dialog. If there is some, the requirements must be bordering on the ridiculous side (unless the rewards are just that great).
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-30 15:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Let's hope they improve their customer service.
So I used their email support through the SE account site three times during this region-locking stuff, and they were immensely helpful. I always got a reply back in 24-48 hours, and the reply was polite and actually typed by a person. No form letter responses. In the end there was no way for them to help me, but I understand why.

That's just me though. And it was the JP support site. So your mileage may vary.
necroquote

I used SE's e-mail support (US) for helping someone figure out why their login screen went straight to the maint page. The first e-mail's response was "Try again after maintenance has ended". No ***. Really? I had even sent it before maint started.

The second response was a copy/paste from the FAQ.

They've yet to respond to either of my responses (The first saying to bump my ticket up a tier if they couldn't do anything other than copy/paste. The second saying I solved the problem myself.). No, I didn't actually expect another response to my semi-beligerent e-mail.
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
Server: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-09-30 15:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

idk..the ff14 battle system reminds me of ff13...differences of coarse but has the same feel imo..meh
 Valefor.Cloudxi
user: Cloudxi
By Valefor.Cloudxi 2010-09-30 18:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tristean said:
I crap myself everytime I botch. What're you talking about...

You must crap yourself a lot trist lol
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-30 19:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xdudemanx said:
idk..the ff14 battle system reminds me of ff13...differences of coarse but has the same feel imo..meh
It feels like a mix between 13 and 11 to me..

It's a good system tho, I enjoy it.. Breathes new life into the dull boring feeling that melee gets in XI..
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9