Forum » FFXIV » General » Target is already Engaged
Target is already Engaged
 Fairy.Azmalka
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Artemys
By Fairy.Azmalka 2010-09-22 18:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm trying to attack my Levequest targets, I get 1-2 hits off before I get "Target is already Engaged" and I can't attack it

What does this mean >.> happened a few times in the Beta to me, disengaging and re-engaging would fix it, but now it's not.
[+]
 Cerberus.Delsus
Server: Cerberus
user: delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2010-09-22 20:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

When i got that i had to go to passive mode and run away till the mob gave up, sometimes had to do it a few times before it would work, seems like a widespread bug to me.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-22 20:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason I thought of this irl terms first... something like that always happens to me

Anyways never had that happen to me in beta but I saw it a few times. I'd suggest acting like this is still beta (which really should still be going on ) filing yet another report to SE telling them they need to fix ***
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-22 20:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The temporary/easy way around the error is to unlock off of your current target completely, then re-target. If I'm doing a leve and I have a group of targets I'll usually just switch to the other, kill it, then go back to the initial target and it works fine.

It's still a pain in the *** and needs to be fixed, but at least its the easiest way around it.
If you only have a single target, just unlock off it completely, target yourself, target the mob again and attack. It should work normally from there.
[+]
 Cerberus.Delsus
Server: Cerberus
user: delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2010-09-22 20:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

send SE a bug report about this because it is really anoyying
 Phoenix.Authority
Server: Phoenix
user: Authority
By Phoenix.Authority 2010-09-22 23:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah its because of lag. Just send them a bug report on the lodestone website, as well as bitching about no AH, no alt-tab, among other things.
 Leviathan.Crawlerbasher
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Crawlerbasher 2010-09-22 23:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Its happened to me and its very frustrating.
I also wish I could Ctrl+r when talking to ppl that sent me tells