Forum » FFXIV » General » Which server you going to
Which server you going to
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-09-22 11:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to stick around USA fellow servers.
Anyone know a good server for EST, CST, PST time zones?
Also GMT/UK time will be fine.

I'm coming aboard on 30SEP2010
I want to join a server where i don't get none of this crap:

(I'm sorry) (Time to Work) (Goodbye)
(I Don't know how to answer that question)

or

(I am busy at the moment) (goodbye)
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-09-22 15:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to Selbina with an LS mate or a four. Umbra Pure will be the name; not likely i ll get in until later this evening.

Im still waiting for my new PC and copy of FFXIV; both supposed to be here within the next hour. Blahhhhhh!!! Having some beers to calm the nerves and refresh my system in the meantime.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-22 17:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Tweek Dash
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-09-23 07:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My game just arrived but there is no point in me even installing it thanks to the new HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE payment method. I apparently used to have a Click and Buy account which has been terminated. I have emailed them to find out why and to ask how to get it back up and running..... still waiting for them to get back to me though.

I don't even remember ever having an account with their company. lol
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-23 07:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ok made a char on besaid name is Aly Saxena and on trabia as Bumblebee Tuna.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-23 08:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lindblum is Full already ; ;

And here I thought nobody would pick it because FFIX is so under-appreciated, second only to XII.
 Phoenix.Slytribal
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-09-23 08:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhhhh crap, I was looking forward to going to Lindblum, I love FFIX, shame >.<
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-23 08:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

And here I thought nobody would pick it because FFIX is so under-appreciated, second only to XII.

full like u cant create a character on the server? o.o
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-23 08:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I'm shocked at how congested the servers got, considering the CE launch probably won't even account for a quarter of the install base for FFXIV...
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-23 08:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i was hoping to go to selbina with my brother but i heard it was full

does it mean i have to go to a server full of people i dont know o.o?
 Phoenix.Slytribal
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-09-23 08:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hastefeet said:

I'm sure there will be/is server swap capabilities like in XI, so really it's either a wait for it to open back up or get your brother to your server
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-23 08:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Slytribal said:
Leviathan.Hastefeet said:

I'm sure there will be/is server swap capabilities like in XI, so really it's either a wait for it to open back up or get your brother to your server

bah

cuz like him and a bunch of people we used to play with on ffxi are on Selbina <.<

Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-23 08:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Trabia: Yokhai Aligheiri
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-09-23 08:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ShiniXIV said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
My game just arrived but there is no point in me even installing it thanks to the new HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE payment method. I apparently used to have a Click and Buy account which has been terminated. I have emailed them to find out why and to ask how to get it back up and running..... still waiting for them to get back to me though. I don't even remember ever having an account with their company. lol
Can't you just make a new account... ?

If they don't get back to me by the end of the day then I will try that with a new email addy.
By maiyuu 2010-09-23 08:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Koneko Yasha on Besaid ^-^
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-09-23 13:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

What is server capacity? I wouldnt really care if Selbina was full. Ill take my elitism elsewhere.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-23 13:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

What is server capacity? I wouldnt really care if Selbina was full. Ill take my elitism elsewhere.
Quote:
We previously informed you that character creation on certain worlds had been suspended, but we are pleased to announce that character creation on the Cornelia World, Gysahl World, Mysidia World, Figaro World, Selbina World, Lindblum World has now been reinstated as the congestion in these worlds has eased up.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

source
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-09-23 13:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ShiniXIV said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
ShiniXIV said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
My game just arrived but there is no point in me even installing it thanks to the new HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE payment method. I apparently used to have a Click and Buy account which has been terminated. I have emailed them to find out why and to ask how to get it back up and running..... still waiting for them to get back to me though. I don't even remember ever having an account with their company. lol
If they don't get back to me by the end of the day then I will try that with a new email addy.
You should just make a new account and start now 8) Its not like it costs money and the other one has been terminated anyways. Seems like you are making it longer & harder for yourself.

They won't let me make a new account for some reason. I tried and it said I had to email customer services.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-23 13:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
ShiniXIV said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
ShiniXIV said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
You should just make a new account and start now 8) Its not like it costs money and the other one has been terminated anyways. Seems like you are making it longer & harder for yourself.

They won't let me make a new account for some reason. I tried and it said I had to email customer services.

There's another company to go through other then Click and Buy, can't remember the name of it right now.. Look around.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-09-23 17:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Annikahansen said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
ShiniXIV said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
ShiniXIV said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
There's another company to go through other then Click and Buy, can't remember the name of it right now.. Look around.
http://www.ultimatepay.com/

Thanks for that ^^ i've set up an account there and added funds, now I need to figure out how to pay for XIV with them... that should be easy enough though I guess.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-24 03:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

nevermind i guess i got a friend who knows a bunch of people IRL on server Bodum

soooo:

Server: Bodhum
Name: Tweek Dash
City: Ul'dah
 Ramuh.Wolfjorg
Server: Ramuh
user: wolfjorgg
By Ramuh.Wolfjorg 2010-09-24 03:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Trabia
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-24 04:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ShiniXIV said:
I've been reconsidering what server to go to. I think I want one with more EU players on it so I have plenty of pals in the evenings! Last I read the list was something like this as far as region (taken from ZAM topic):

"Confirmed:
RP : Besaid
JP: Mysidia, Figaro
JP2: Cornelia, Selbina
EU: Cornelia, Lindblum
Oceanic: Gysahl
Core: Lindblum, Mysidia, Trabia
Taiwanese: Istory
Hong Kong: Figaro

Not confirmed:
Eorzeapedia: Trabia
Spain: Besaid
ZAM: Besaid (not sure about this one at all, because I didn't see thread about choosing server on ZAM, so it's just a rumor at the moment)."
I'm really interested to know how accurate this is, and if anyone has anything to add to this that they may have seen/heard elsewhere. There are also a lot of servers not mentioned list: Fabul, Saronia, Bodhum, Rabanastre, Wutai, Palamecia, Kashuan, Melmond. Struggling to decide which would be the best server to go to.
 Siren.Blaire
Server: Siren
user: 1000stars
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-24 04:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Blazza, the lists will be somewhat accurate with people who frequent the forums its posted on. Obviously, the majority of players do not, so they will go to any server they randomly pick. These lists will not be very accurate for the overall population, but if you're looking to join up with the people who read the forums its been spoken about on then choose the one that fits best.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-24 04:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a good point, but I'm assuming that some multi-lingual control freak would be checking several forums and making a comprehensive list or something. Like, I wouldn't have thought a great deal of Hong Kong, Taiwanese, JP or Spanish players would read Zam. Well maybe the Spanish because they'd mostly speak English too. But yeah, mainly I'm just scared of ending up on a server that's 90% JP. I have nothing against them of course, but since I play in their prime time it'll just mean a lot more competition for any and everything I try to do...
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2010-09-24 04:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Mysidia or Trabia - Kiwi Kiwi
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-24 04:59:54