Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Bonecraft » Bonecrafting 70-100
Bonecrafting 70-100
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-01-31 19:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 65 in bonecraft right now and am planning on killing battering rams in la theine plateau to make Beast Horns (69), then prolly Demon Rings (70). Any experienced Boncrafters have any good path to 100, even some suggestions to 80 or 90 would be nice lol. I'm looking for something that I can farm most of the ingredients with relative ease (decent drop rates), or something that would net me too big of a loss.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-02-01 00:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

*bump* lol
 Ramuh.Guffy
Server: Ramuh
user: Guffy
By Ramuh.Guffy 2009-02-05 18:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bonecraft Lvl 66 - 70
Demon Ring
Wind Crystal:
1X Fish Scales
1X Demon horn

Bonecraft Lvl 70 - 73
Demons Knife
Wind Crystal:
1X Ebony Lumber
1X Demon Horn

Bonecraft Lvl 73 - 78
Marid Arrowheads
Wind Crystal:
1X Bonechip
1X Marid Tusk

Bonecraft Lvl 78 - 79
Tigerfangs
Fire Crystal:
1X Carbon Fiber
1X Scorpion Shell
2X Black Tiger Fang

Bonecraft Lvl 79 - 81
Saintly Ring
Earth Crystal:
1X Ascetic's Ring
1X Fish Scales

Bonecraft Lvl 81 - 82
Eremite's Ring
Earth Crystal:
1X Hermit's Ring
1X Sheeptooth

Bonecraft Lvl 82 - 85
Hellish Bugle
Earth Crystal:
1X Imp Horn
1X Colibri Beak

Bonecraft Lvl 85 - 87
Dragon Mask
Wind Crystal:
1X Sheep Leather
2X Wyvern Scales

Bonecraft Lvl 87 - 91
Demon Helm
Dark Crystal:
1X Sheep Leather
1X Demon Skull
2X Demon Horn

Bonecraft Lvl 91 - 94
Mammoth Tusk
Wind Crystal:
1X Giant Frozen Head

Bonecraft Lvl 94 - 96
Trumpet Ring
Wind Crystal:
2X Trumpet Shell

Bonecraft Lvl 96 - 100
Chronos Tooth
Wind Crystal:
1X Colossal Skull

Bonecraft Lvl 96 - 100
Gavial Mask
Wind Crystal:
1X Titanictus Shell
1X Sheep Leather
1X High-Quality Pugil Scales

Copy and pasted from my bonecraft guide for these levels, I hope it helps. Enjoy~

Guffy the Galka
[+]
 Kujata.Krinkle
Server: Kujata
user:
By Kujata.Krinkle 2009-02-05 19:27:14
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

oh god, don't follow that guide. It's okay from 91-100, but the other stuff will just guarantee you lose a chunk of cash. Look for yourself what each recipe costs and determine if/how you can make money back while synthing. It took me a little longer than normal, but I didn't lose much money up through 80-90. Just don't do demon helms for skillups....unless the skulls are strangely cheap on your server.
 Ramuh.Guffy
Server: Ramuh
user: Guffy
By Ramuh.Guffy 2009-02-05 20:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They were strangley cheap on my server, and those are just a suggestion if nothing is available. You can go Trumpet Rings 91-96 at Break Even (on my server atleast) for the NPC cost of NQ on rings vrs mats and crystal cost. The way I leveled, and made my guide was the easiest/power crafting route to 100. Meaning, stuff that didn't require sub jobs, and stuff that mostly stacked or was decently abundant on AH. I hated tons of Mats too, like Tigerfangs, although they werent too abd because they NPCd high for NQs.

If you are gonna farm or whatever most/all your mats, there are other/better routs, and of course prices on some thing depend on server.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-09 18:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, if you have the skill, I'd break out the fishing rod and catch the Trumpet shells so everything is profit. Lacking that, Guffy tends to use a synth for 1-2 maybe 3 levels where as I know a lot of crafters like to grab a synth 6 levels prior, pop an advanced synth help and pound down on the synth until its exhausted. For Bonecraft (and the other crafts), the higher level synths usually take nonstackable materials, which can be a real pain considering the need to camp the AH or haul around the remaining materials while you farm the nonstackables and craft on the fly. This aside, his guide isn't *bad*, but everyone has their own preferences when it comes to which synths to use for their levels depending on jobs leveled, subcrafts, AH prices on their server, competition for synthing supplies, and, more often than most, NPC value for the completed item.

Dive head first into FFXIAH.com and ffxiclopedia.org, compare prices, costs, NPC availability and competition, you'll find your path, no worries.