Advice/Suggestion On TP Builds.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Advice/Suggestion on TP Builds.
Advice/Suggestion on TP Builds.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-20 22:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
<.< that mediocre blu is who made all the math you base just about everything off
orly
yearly
So this person is like... VZX, Rena, Suiram, the Studio Gobli guys, Kegsay, etc all rolled into one? Damn. Can you introduce me?
[+]
 Asura.Sope
Server: Asura
user: sope
By Asura.Sope 2010-09-20 22:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you ever hit things with a weapon, you should have a set to do so.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-20 22:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Even my blm sorta has a tp set...
 Caitsith.Jar
Server: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-20 22:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Caitsith.Katas said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Asura.Sope said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Wouldn't a blu with a "good casting build" also have a good acc/haste build for TP as well?

yup.

the majority do not. my friend fultimesish his casting set and rips me apart on everything we go to
So you're getting beaten by a mediocre BLU?
Carbuncle.Vontri said:
Does anyone know what some of the higher evasion mob's evasion is then? Or even a good evasion to base things off of? 350? 400? lower? higher?
Parsing is the best way to go about it, too many different monsters we fight these days to give a single target value. Multiple TP sets isn't a bad idea honestly?

LOL mediocre blue...

If a BLU without a TP set isn't mediocre, is a SAM without a TP set not mediocre too? Not a perfect analogy but still...

<_<; that was one of the worst analogies ever
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-20 22:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Caitsith.Katas said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Asura.Sope said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Wouldn't a blu with a "good casting build" also have a good acc/haste build for TP as well?
yup.
the majority do not. my friend fultimesish his casting set and rips me apart on everything we go to
Carbuncle.Vontri said:
Does anyone know what some of the higher evasion mob's evasion is then? Or even a good evasion to base things off of? 350? 400? lower? higher?
Parsing is the best way to go about it, too many different monsters we fight these days to give a single target value. Multiple TP sets isn't a bad idea honestly?
LOL mediocre blue...
If a BLU without a TP set isn't mediocre, is a SAM without a TP set not mediocre too? Not a perfect analogy but still...
How about a blu without a tp set is like blm whm etc without a idle or resting set!
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-20 22:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Caitsith.Katas said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Asura.Sope said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
yup.
Carbuncle.Vontri said:
LOL mediocre blue...
How about a blu without a tp set is like blm whm etc without a idle or resting set!
<_< he has the sets he just doesnt see it usefull to swap when all you do is spam now
 Carbuncle.Vontri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Vontri
By Carbuncle.Vontri 2010-09-20 23:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How about staying on topic? LOL I know right.. but seriously?

The store TP is in there because I know I wont be hitting as much as other melee DDs so getting the amount of hits I need to get to 100 tp seems kinda useful.

Since you guys are all Anti /Sam there really isn't any other way to get tp in this game unless you are rich (which i am not) and buy meds for that...

And asking for a little support for a blu in the way of refresh seems hard enough in end game so being expected to get Shikikoyo'd seems pretty out of the question too.. I pretty much assume I am not getting buffs that I can't give myself (baring refresh, my rdms are kind enough for that)

I am not looking for Epeen here... I am looking for efficient.

You guys brag that you know what's the right way to do it.. so help me out here... make me believe you do
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-20 23:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Vontri said:
How about staying on topic? LOL I know right.. but seriously?

The store TP is in there because I know I wont be hitting as much as other melee DDs so getting the amount of hits I need to get to 100 tp seems kinda useful.

Since you guys are all Anti /Sam there really isn't any other way to get tp in this game unless you are rich (which i am not) and buy meds for that...

And asking for a little support for a blu in the way of refresh seems hard enough in end game so being expected to get Shikikoyo'd seems pretty out of the question too.. I pretty much assume I am not getting buffs that I can't give myself (baring refresh, my rdms are kind enough for that)

I am not looking for Epeen here... I am looking for efficient.

You guys brag that you know what's the right way to do it.. so help me out here... make me believe you do
its inefficient to make a crazy tp build when a quite crappy one will still net you about the same damage. just use wal turban pink hands/feet/legs and swift belt you'll Be fine.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-25 14:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
<_< melee to spell damage ratio is almost 90% spell>10% melee now WS not counted because i push it into CA alot of the time.. so you can epeen all you want a blu with a good casting build will still out dmg you and all your ACC/haste.

lol'd @ the thought that upping your sword damage is a bad idea

It doesn't gimp your spell damage at all. It's only affects are positive.

True, it may not be a big of a difference when comparing to a melee DD, however it still helps. Just saying "Blu does more damage with spells.. We don't need TP sets" is *** ridiculous. Let's be a bunch of lazy *** and TP in AF body and relic head.

Answer is simple. Have both. Two guys. Both have good casting sets. One full times. One melees in Acc/haste TP set. Which blu does more damage?

Go figure.

Edit: Didn't read through second page till now.

While I disagree with Jar to begin with, he does have a point in his final post. While it's not the best gear around, it's still decent (Although swap pink gloves to dusk..) and the difference isn't huge. Although, obviously if you have the chance to upgrade, you should.

My TP set is nothing special (Current posted one was for Lv80..), and I'm sure most HERE could beat it. But it works well and compared to most BLUs I see on my server, it is efficient. Average BLU's seemed to have moved on from fulltiming AF1 to fulltiming Aurore.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-25 14:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I really think you are overestimating how much refresh every blu is going to have acess to. Not to mention you are pretty much assuming said blus will only be on blu in an abyssea alliance.

So ya know for every other situation you wont be spamming spells like that.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-25 14:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I really think you are overestimating how much refresh every blu is going to have acess to. Not to mention you are pretty much assuming said blus will only be on blu in an abyssea alliance.

So ya know for every other situation you wont be spamming spells like that.

Sad part is that majority of situations you're (At least I am..) fighting anything worthwile, anything for xp.. Anything for gil.. Is in abyssea now :/

This game has become Abyssea-XI..

Scratch that.

Abyssea-magian-XI
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2010-09-25 14:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What everyone above me said. You can only improve your blu by having a TP set. If you don't have homam/mavi, the aurore set is an extremely cheap alternative. The walmart turban is pretty easy to get and the swift belt is easy to get. That fills in most slots that need haste. Dusk gloves are pretty cheap if you aren't a fan of the pink.

As for weapons, I have a OA2-3 sword. Its amazing as I can get to 100% about 3 times before my meritted CA is up. This allows me to WS a few times before I use it for a self skill chain or a pumped spell.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-25 14:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh I'll give you xp. But really you join 1 abyssea pt and you go from 75 to 85 and you are done on that job. So really you are done xping on blu lol
By darkchildv86 2010-09-27 14:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

head w.turban
neck chiv.
ear 1 ethereal
ear 2 brutal
body mirke acc 10 DW3
hands dusk
ring 1 jaeger
ring 2 rajas
back foragers
belt swift
legs aroure
feet dusk
ammo tiphia

my set is blah but it beats the hell out of the OPs.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-27 14:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

In all honesty the TP set is dying for BLU. Inside of Abyssea anyway. When you get the str/dblattk/regain and the dex/crit%rate/crit%dmg atmas (have both now), most mobs are dead before you ever get two attack rounds off. Now keep in mind most of my linkshell now has these atmas as well, but I guess in a random pickup party it would be different.

But in LS runs when you have 3-4 BLUs all busting 4k quadratics on exp mobs, ***just dies too fast.

Abyssea is sucking the fun right out of the game. 4k HP paladins say hi.

I will say this though, spell spamming aside, the magnus sword with the above mentioned dex atma is truly *** phenomenal. When the weapon effect procs, it stacks with crit damage. So in essence when both proc, you're swinging for 4-5 damage. Nothing like hitting for 400 damage a swing with your sword.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-27 14:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: EXP = FFXI
 Bahamut.Aiyana
Server: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-09-27 14:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
In all honesty the TP set is dying for BLU. Inside of Abyssea anyway. When you get the str/dblattk/regain and the dex/crit%rate/crit%dmg atmas (have both now), most mobs are dead before you ever get two attack rounds off. Now keep in mind most of my linkshell now has these atmas as well, but I guess in a random pickup party it would be different.

But in LS runs when you have 3-4 BLUs all busting 4k quadratics on exp mobs, ***just dies too fast.

Sorry to be a bit negative here, but this makes no sense. Why on earth would you ignore a proper TP set, yet pick up atma that are most beneficial to the TP phase of your damage? (Pretty sure most BLU magics cannot crit, or double attack) If you were to just full-time your casting gear, would it not make more sense to pick up refresh atma, or other atma that are a bit more beneficial to those spells?

And then we come to this...
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
In all honesty the TP set is dying for BLU. Inside of Abyssea anyway.

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I will say this though, spell spamming aside, the magnus sword with the above mentioned dex atma is truly *** phenomenal. When the weapon effect procs, it stacks with crit damage. So in essence when both proc, you're swinging for 4-5 damage. Nothing like hitting for 400 damage a swing with your sword.

Contradiction? I think so.
[+]
 Bismarck.Breviant
Server: Bismarck
user: ZachG86
By Bismarck.Breviant 2010-09-28 10:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, do your best to gear out your BLU for anything you can, whether it's a TP set, STR set, Big 3 set, Breath set, etc.

Anyone who's telling you otherwise (and then fervently backing up their claims) are just making excuses for being lazy or gimp.

Carbuncle.Vontri said:

Not when it takes your 19-20 hit build and turns it into an 18.5 hit build. It's worthless.

Carbuncle.Vontri said:

You get TP by hitting the mob, like everyone else who can't Meditate.

WSing on BLU isn't a big deal. Yeah you want to do it as often as you can because it's extra damage, but Vorpal Blade isn't nearly as effective as dumping that TP into CA for a spell.

But yeah, there's no benefit to subbing SAM other than Meditate and Sekkanoki. Hasso and Seigan are worthless unless we're equipping weapons we have no native skill in. Third Eye is crap compared to Utsu when you can't use Seigan.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-28 13:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well don't get me wrong, I have a TP set for my blu. I also have many other different sets, but at the end of the day it's all a big joke inside of Abyssea anyway.

Once you get most of the atmas, Abyssea becomes nothing more than a place to kill NMs with 2-4 people. When you bring in an 18 man alliance, it's just really *** boring.

And to Nightfyre, I'm not saying FFXI=EXP. But since when do you feed TP to big NMs? Most of the big ***that I'm asked to come BLU to, we're always asked to not melee on it so that we don't feed it shot tons of TP. In those cases, you don't really need a TP set.

I'm curious as to how many of you actually have a lot of the non-purchasable atmas. I think I'm up to like 30-40 at my disposal, and it is just making most things too easy.
 Fenrir.Vazerus
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-09-28 13:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I only skimmed the thread, but I wanted to mention the Tiercel Necklace if you're going for a haste/stp build. Not sure if someone brought it up earlier, but 1% haste is going to do a lot more for you if you're capped on accuracy (or close to it).

Ignore the Iota (lol), but this is my TP set so far. My focus is haste, though obviously I'm missing some key pieces (Abyssea NM equipment, Homam boots, Mavi +1, etc).

-edit- swords are in the wrong spots... Shamshir is STR, Machaera is WS Damage+10%